First Day Routine....

fischymom

First stop, the pool. I get my yellow police tape out and reserve my seats for the week. Then off to the theater, same there.

Then the buffet, find some empty tables, and plop all of our carry on luggage there. Then off to the line. We do not eat anything, but we like to inspect the food, feel the rolls, check for freshness, put them back, smell the meats. You would be amazed at how rude some of those people in the lines can be, as if they were the only hungry ones on the ship.

Then we sit at a couple of tables, and tell the staff to bring us some beers. Every stinkin' time they tell us they can only bring us water and juices from the WJ, not anything from the bars. Well, we then berate the staff for their poor service. Obviously, they have no idea we are in a suite.

At dinner, we get a large table, and fill in everyone about how awful this cruise has been for us, and when we find out that someone has an inside cabin we laugh hysterically, then reprimand the Maitre D for seating us with the steerage passengers and demand a better table.

There should be a "post of the week award".

You have my vote

First 20 minutes; stand on balcony tapping my feet while wife puts away our carry on clothing, etc. "her way". I have little patients. But then I knew a Pygmy Doctor who had very little patients.;)

Then go explore ship, visit buffet, get a drink…

So it goes.

DDWW

Last and next cruise is with Carnival. We arrive to the pier to checkin about an hor before the posted embarkation time and dump off our checked bags then wait in line to check in. Then we get to Lido deck about noon ang get a table outside, grab some lunch and the first Drink of the Day for the wife and first bucket of beer for me. The kids go check out where the youth program meets and explore the decks. Dw and I kick back and watch the frenzy on the pier. About 2:00 go dump the carryons at the cabin and kids get.swimsuits on for a dip. DW and I get a seat around the pool and patienyly wait for sail away while making new aquaintances.

The find a spot on the rail and watch as the ship pulls away from the pier and makes her way out into the ocean. Ain't nothin' better.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Archived