Silly question

localady

On our recent Carnival cruise, we put out the sign in the evening because we were not feeling great and didn't want turn down service. We ordered room service for dinner and forgot about the sign. The person delivering it didn't knock when he saw the sign. Instead, he called us to ask if it was ok to knock.

I realize this is HAL and not CCL, but just wanted to share my own experience. It wouldn't surprise me if they did this on HAL as well.

That's funny! Either way, they are "disturbing."

In my experience, they knocked even if the little privacy thing is in the slot.

Nothing will stop them from delivering breakfast they will knock and if necessary ring your phone . Hal room service is the greatest alarm clock there is . My experience has always been that they are on time . We just order coffee and maybe one little other thing like fruit or a muffin on the door hanger card , then we can enjoy our coffee before we get dressed to go out to breakfast , usually to the lido for omelettes.

And yes , always tip the room service guy a couple of dollars .

I'm not a bit surprised people will ask the Neptune Lounge to order. There is a segment of our population who haven't a clue as to manners and assume the hired help works just for them and will be at their beck and call. I betcha these same people will call a waiter "Boy" in a loud, obnoxious voice when they want another basket of rolls or a refill of water.

And to the OP, there is no such thing as a silly question.:)

Well given the gravity of issues of late on the boards, I felt this was pretty frivolous. But I really had never tried it before on any of our previous voyages.

Just a few days till I cruise again and my excitement is getting the better of me!

The anticipation never dims for those of us cruise junkies....:D

Okay, I know this is a silly question.

If I place the "Do Not Disturb" sign in my door will room service still bring our breakfast at the specified time??

My Sis may want to sleep a bit but we still want our room service, albeit a bit later.

I have had prior times that without the sign, services have woken us earlier (mini bar service, steward wanting to clean room or drop laundry.)

Thanks in advance, you'd think I'd know this after all this time, but DH is

an early morning guy, no late breakfasts with him! ;) :D

There are no SILLY Questions, just questions seeking answers when one does not have information.

Archived