What's your favorite Carnival port?

lissvarna

I've been to Cozumel, Montego Bay (Jamaica), Grand Cayman, Progresso, Key West, Nassau, and Freeport.

My favorite was Grand Cayman...had a lovely time on Capt. Marvin's Stingray Tour and then walking around the town. The weather wasn't even that good, but we still had a fantastic day.

Second would be Cozumel...lots to do and great area right off the ship for shopping.

Least favorite thus far was Nassau.

Looks like you have done quite a few Cozumel. We did that one last Feb-March 5 and love Cozumel and Jamaica. We are looking at doing St. Thomas in about 8-12 weeks did you like that cruise and has anyone been to St. Lucia?

St Thomas is cool been there so much we hop over to St John now

St Lucia is a gorgeous Island but a little pricey to get around it

Antigua...snorkeling off the beach is just so-so, but if you can get someone to take you out to the reefs and the other little islands its fantastic!!! Tabling montipora corals 8 feet tall & 3 feet wide...astounding!!! Also, kayaking in the ocean kayaks in the mangrove forests is neat, as the water is so clear you can see straight to the bottom & see the upside down jellyfish, sea urchins, and fish. This was by far our favorite port. San Juan we visited at night & did the Biobay kayaking tour where the bay glows at night from the plankton that live there. I don't think Carnival stops in San Juan anymore at night, which is sad because this was a GREAT excursion!!! We have also been to St. Thomas (fun but a little commercial & shopping heavy if you don't mind that sort of thing), where we SNUBA-ed, which was a good time; and Tortola, which was not fun since it was flooded out & raining that day, so we didn't get to go to Virgin Gorda and spent the day mostly on the ship since everything was pretty much closed. We missed Nassau due to another passenger's medical emergency, so we're hoping to get there eventually. ;);)

Cozumel by far just a walk down the strip and me and my wife just stop at Senior Frogs & Carlos & Charlies and stop at the tequila store & sample a dozen different kinds of tequila buy a few bottles of course.By far the funnest place for us if you like to party we have yet to walk all the way back to the ship it's usually a cab about the last 3rd of the way I think thats when the tequila really starts to kick in:D

What a great question! My favourite port on a Carnival cruise was probably Cabo.

My favourite Caribbean port of all time was probably St. Croix which we went to on our MSC cruise. It was a totally unspoiled island. The ports on our Med cruise last summer were amazing as well. We were really shocked by Turkey, which was a cool mixture between European and Middle Eastern cultures. Loved our Med cruise so much we are looking into booking the Breeze this summer!

I don't think Carnival goes there anymore. But on most cruises, you get nearly 3 straight days to explore this island any way you wish! Beaches, golf, forts, caves, shopping, snorkeling...it's all there!

The history buff in me also enjoys Old San Juan. Stepping off the ship literally transports you back 500 years!

Archived