Pacific Dawn (Bne) Carry-on Process

Aussie71

Just wondering what the process is for the carry on luggage? Can we keep it with us until we get out cabin? I am wondering if they take it for a while to xray or what not. If so, I may rethink what I take in terms of valuables etc.

Once you are allowed to board, you make the long winding trek up to the ship, on the way going past the x-ray machines and through the metal detector door. You have to put all your carry-on luggage through the machines. Upstairs, just before you reach the photographers, you have to show your passport at the Customs desks. Then you are free to board - exciting! :)

All cabins have small safes. They are large enough for your passports, excess cash and jewellery, but computers and camers won't fit inside. We have always just left these items in our cabin and there is never a suggestion they aren't safe. Even if you leave cash or jewellery on the dressing table your cabin steward would not touch it. If you aren't fully confident to leave things in the open, you can keep your larger items in a locked suitcase.

Have a great cruise.

Just wondering what the process is for the carry on luggage? Can we keep it with us until we get out cabin? I am wondering if they take it for a while to xray or what not. If so, I may rethink what I take in terms of valuables etc.

Already been answered by others, but basically it's the same as going through security at the Airport. Bags are x-rayed and you go through a metal detector.

Usually the only time you have to open the bag is if something looks like a bottle of alcohol. :):)

That's fine. I would expect that they'd keep a sharp lookout for alcohol. When we travel we usually keep currency, laptop/tablet, camera, jewelry etc in our carry on. If the carry on bags were going to be delivered to our cabin, I would probably rethink what is essential.

Archived