Total travel insurance

shanni-shanni

I recently found out the MasterCard Canada offers a total travel insurance package for its principal cardholder. It covers trip cancellation, medical, medi-evac. etc. It is for a year with a 41 days maximum each trip. It also covers the secondary cardholder (up to age 74).

The premium is exceptionally low and I have researched it as best I can and can find no loophole. There is no medical question as well.

You can call MasterCard direct (the 800 number at the back of the card) and inquire it with the agent.

Don't know if it applies in the US. Tom

I recently found out the MasterCard Canada offers a total travel insurance package for its principal cardholder. It covers trip cancellation, medical, medi-evac. etc. It is for a year with a 41 days maximum each trip. It also covers the secondary cardholder (up to age 74).

The premium is exceptionally low and I have researched it as best I can and can find no loophole. There is no medical question as well.

You can call MasterCard direct (the 800 number at the back of the card) and inquire it with the agent.

Sorry, made a mistake. The maximum days per trip is 31.

http://www.bmo.com/home/personal/banking/insurance/travel/year-round

Tom

I would be VERY surprised if anyone over the age of 60, such as me, applying for this BMO MasterCard Travel Insurance, would NOT have to complete an (annual) health questionnaire, like has to be done with RBC Travel Insurance! ;) I think that the amount of the premium would be based on one's current health, wouldn't you?:confused:

I would be VERY surprised if anyone over the age of 60, such as me, applying for this BMO MasterCard Travel Insurance, would NOT have to complete an (annual) health questionnaire, like has to be done with RBC Travel Insurance! ;) I think that the amount of the premium would be based on one's current health, wouldn't you?:confused:

I agree -- there is always a catch for we older travelers.

I would check the coverage amounts they offer. They may not be all that great. For medevac you usually should have several hundred thousand dollars available to you. It ain't cheap! I know, for example, that I never take HAL's coverage. It's quite minimal.

We have the travel insurance through BMO charge card. We had to cancel a crusie last June because of a health problem. We are in our 70's and have not filled out or had an examination and they paid our claim.

Well, I'm 65 and my DH 71 and we didn't have to. There are strict limitations - of course - on pre-existing conditions. It just costs more if the primary card holder is over 65. If you take a look at the website you will be very surprised - fact, not opinion.:rolleyes:

Well, I'm 65 and my DH 71 and we didn't have to. There are strict limitations - of course - on pre-existing conditions. It just costs more if the primary card holder is over 65. If you take a look at the website you will be very surprised - fact, not opinion.:rolleyes:

Well, since reaching 60 years of age, DW & I have had to each complete, (annually), an (RBC) form entitled: "TravelCare Medical Questionnaire"! Our TA/TC, who, acting as an agent for RBC, and from whom we purchased RBC Travel Insurance, indicated to us that it is obligatory to complete this "Medical Questionnaire" EACH year after 60! ;)

Well, since reaching 60 years of age, DW & I have had to each complete, (annually), an (RBC) form entitled: "TravelCare Medical Questionnaire"! Our TA/TC, who, acting as an agent for RBC, and from whom we purchased RBC Travel Insurance, indicated to us that it is obligatory to complete this "Medical Questionnaire" EACH year after 60! ;)

What's your point? You are comparing two different companies and providers. You obviously have no idea what is available on Mastercard to a holder - and there are different plans - so stop assuming that you are right and others are wrong.

Archived