How do I book an unborn child?

lovesublime

Trying to book for either Nov. or Dec. later this year. Baby is due in April and will be sailing with us. I am attempting to book this through an online agency for the onboard credit. If this is easier to do on the Carnival website, then let me know. I would happy to do that. Thanks.

Do they have anything that states you are not charged for infants under a certain age? Then maybe you just book the two person room? Maybe they would understand if you booked the child as First: Unnamed Middle: Infant Last: Your Last Name. Don't know if that works or not. Probably best to call carnival and find out

Use a false name for now as long as you do not book ES you can always change it before final payment.

I did this on our up coming cruise in April. I knew we would take another person and I used the name Snickle Fritz and changed it today for my DSs friend.

This is the only solution to me.

If you know what the baby's name will be you could use first initial and last name - as long as first initial would be the same if baby is a boy or a girl (Example: Brittany or Brian = B. Lastname)

I think you probably should either work with a Carnival experienced travel agent or call Carnival directly to make sure you have things set up right - you don't want to end up incurring a fee when you shouldn't have to.

We booked our son for hist first cruise before he was born. We knew what his name would be, so our PVP used the actual name, and the due date for his birthdate. After he was born, we changed the birthdate to the actual one.

As someone mentioned above, remember that your baby must be at least 6 months to cruise on Carnival.

If you use a TA, make sure they dont book ES either, as some of those TAs who dont specialize in Carnival dont know there are NO NAME CHANGES allowed with ES.

Name changes are permitted for $50 fee with ES, up to 24 (or 48 hrs) before cruise leaves. My friend booked her cruise using the usual shortened version of her real name that is on her passport. I noticed this when I was helping her complete her funpass. She called Carnival. Entire trip was paid for. They said she would have been denied boarding and had to pay $50 to have her first name changed to what her passport says. This would have been a disaster for our group when we arrived at cruise port :eek: Thankfully I booked her flights correctly.

Name changes are permitted for $50 fee with ES, up to 24 (or 48 hrs) before cruise leaves. My friend booked her cruise using the usual shortened version of her real name that is on her passport. I noticed this when I was helping her complete her funpass. She called Carnival. Entire trip was paid for. They said she would have been denied boarding and had to pay $50 to have her first name changed to what her passport says. This would have been a disaster for our group when we arrived at cruise port :eek: Thankfully I booked her flights correctly.

Name corrections are allowed. Changing the actual person that will be on the cruise is not. Usually they will even waive the $50 fee for name corrections if you get a supervisor involved.

ES does not permit name changes, but they do permit minimal name corrections for the $50.00 fee. If you get someone really nice on the phone they may waive the fee.

ES does not permit name changes, but they do permit minimal name corrections for the $50.00 fee. If you get someone really nice on the phone they may waive the fee.

I understand now the "name corrections" vs "name changes" but I guess she didn't get a nice person as she had to pay $50. She called twice two weeks apart but still told she had to pay. Better than being denied boarding :eek:

To the OP - if the child is going to be the third person in the cabin, you will have no problem changing his/her first name and date of birth. For that reason, you should add the child to your booking as follows:

First Name - TBA (to be assigned) Last Name - Your Last Name Date of Birth - Due date.

Once your child is born, call and change first name and date of birth. You stated you were not using the ES rate, so that is not an issue.

You should book the child now, so that you will be assigned a cabin that accommodates 3 people. If you wait until after he/she is born and the ship has filled up (doubtful, but possible), you may not be allowed to add a third person to your reservation.

Good luck and congratulations.

I understand now the "name corrections" vs "name changes" but I guess she didn't get a nice person as she had to pay $50. She called twice two weeks apart but still told she had to pay. Better than being denied boarding :eek:

Just to clarify, I spoke to my friend about this and she said the rep actually suggested that she could put my friend through to a supervisor to waive the $50 and my friend got excited, but the supervisor refused saying she booked E.S. So my friend got a nice lady on the phone but not a nice supervisor.

So if the agent misspells your name you have to pay $50 to correct it?!

Last year I discovered the agent (not who we usually use, the person responsible for a wedding party) put my birth year is 1968 instead of 1986. Boy would I have been angry if I had to pay for his mistake.

I had this exact sitaution. I booked on the phone with Carnival and explained the situation. We booked ES rate and the lady booking it said she just needed to get with her supervisor. They booked the cruise for us and when the baby was born I called back and added her to the booking with no fees involved. Was rather simple.

Archived