Sanctuary? booking certain days but not all week

jbrentf

We like the sanctuary on days at sea (like everyone else). Seems I've heard you could book certain days up front when boarding the ship instead of the entire week?

For those familiar with the cost, is it still $20/pp/day for individual days or $10 half day, but if you book the week it is $15/pp/day?

thanks for your help.

If I understand you correctly yes the cost is $15 per day if you book the entire cruise and $20 for individual days $10 for half day

But you can only reserve individual and half days on the days you choose to use the sanctuary not in advanced. If it a busy week There will be a line early in the morning for the remaining chairs.

You have the rates right but you can only book the full cruise on embarkation. Individual days open at around 8AM for booking on that day only.

We like the sanctuary on days at sea (like everyone else). Seems I've heard you could book certain days up front when boarding the ship instead of the entire week?

For those familiar with the cost, is it still $20/pp/day for individual days or $10 half day, but if you book the week it is $15/pp/day?

thanks for your help.

thanks for your help.

They allowed booking certain days up front on our cruise last summer on the Caribbean Princess, but not this New Year's on the Sapphire Princess... sigh. It obviously varies by ship...

Was it the new england run? I suspect they might be more flexible on the cold weather itins, just because they know they won't fill up...

They allowed booking certain days up front on our cruise last summer on the Caribbean Princess, but not this New Year's on the Sapphire Princess... sigh. It obviously varies by ship...

We were on this cruise as well and went to the sanctuary around 11:00 to book the afternoon for my wife and were told she would have to came back at 1:00 and get in line. No biggy, she got a spot but it would have been easier if we could have reserved a lounge.

Was it the new england run? I suspect they might be more flexible on the cold weather itins, just because they know they won't fill up...

No, it was the Bermuda/Caribbean voyage. Since we had stayed in NYC, we got to the ship around 1:30 and by the time we got to the Sanctuary it was booked for the entire voyage (well, at least the sea days we were thinking of booking).

thanks for your help.

We just got off a b2b on the Crown and the Grand. The first week we asked what the price was for the Sanctuary on the Crown because we planned to book the following week on the Grand. On the Crown it was $10 for half a day, $20 for the whole day and $105 for the week. When we got to the Grand the following week they were charging the $10 and $20 for the half and whole day but $120 for the week. We asked why it was $15 more per person than on the Crown but they did not have an answer.

I can tell you but its a stupid answer. The Sanctuary is supposed to be booked by # of nights of the cruise, but sometimes people count # of days (since you are on the ship Sat to Sat or whatever, its technically 8 days but seven nights). They are not supposed to do this, but it happens. They had a new sanctuary steward on the Island who did this but it was caught prior to bill by one of the experienced ones.

We just got off a b2b on the Crown and the Grand. The first week we asked what the price was for the Sanctuary on the Crown because we planned to book the following week on the Grand. On the Crown it was $10 for half a day, $20 for the whole day and $105 for the week. When we got to the Grand the following week they were charging the $10 and $20 for the half and whole day but $120 for the week. We asked why it was $15 more per person than on the Crown but they did not have an answer.

I can tell you but its a stupid answer. The Sanctuary is supposed to be booked by # of nights of the cruise, but sometimes people count # of days (since you are on the ship Sat to Sat or whatever, its technically 8 days but seven nights). They are not supposed to do this, but it happens. They had a new sanctuary steward on the Island who did this but it was caught prior to bill by one of the experienced ones.
Thanks, I suppose I should have gone to Passenger Services Desk to inquire but I just didn't care enough. We were using OBC so it really didn't cost us anything at all. I just thought it was strange that the two ships would have two different prices.

We just returned from the Eastern Caribbean where we booked the sanctuary for the entire week. There was no discount given....we were told they don't give discounts anymore.

We were on the GRAND and the Sanctuary is on the very front of the ship...........and there was so much wind we could not carry on a conversation. The Island princess sanctuary was on the back of the ship and it was lovely. We enjoyed the extra pampering!!! The attendants were lovely.

c

We just returned from the Eastern Caribbean where we booked the sanctuary for the entire week. There was no discount given....we were told they don't give discounts anymore.

So you are saying you paid $20/day/person for a total of $140/person/week?

Yes, that's what we paid but I understand that somell ships are different.

We had absolutely no problem booking and we got on board after 12 noon.

c

Well, that's very interesting...how are you supposed to utilize the Sanctuary on the last day? You have to be out of your cabin and off the ship by 9:30 am or so...I would make a fuss if they charged me for a full day on the Sanctuary but I couldn't go all all.

Re. the wind issue: this is disturbing. I'm going to be on the Crown in March and I see that the Sanctuary is also on the front of the ship. Just how bad is the problem while the ship is moving? Is it too windy to enjoy yourself? I'll be listening to my i-Pod anyways, so I don't care about the sound of the wind but I don't want to feel like I'm in a wind storm all day!

We were on the GRAND and the Sanctuary is on the very front of the ship...........and there was so much wind we could not carry on a conversation. The Island princess sanctuary was on the back of the ship and it was lovely. We enjoyed the extra pampering!!! The attendants were lovely.

c

Yes, that's what we paid but I understand that somell ships are different.

We had absolutely no problem booking and we got on board after 12 noon.

c

I think we were on the same cruise, the Grand 1/14. We paid $120 pp for the week. I can somewhat understand that each ship might do it a bit different but we were on the same ship, had the same service and we were charged two different prices. That I question.

I thought it was quite windy the first couple of days but it died down as the week progressed. We spent the whole day there while in Princess Caye. It was very peaceful. I enjoyed it.

Archived