Onboard Credit

IslandToIsland

Maybe somebody here can help me. I just called Carnival and spoke to 2 different reps and surprise I'm getting different and "I'm not sure" answers.

I am booked early saver and there is a price drop for past guest rate. My category is not available, but there are higher categories that are with upgrade included in price. Would I still be able to get the OBC and stay where I am?

Maybe somebody here can help me. I just called Carnival and spoke to 2 different reps and surprise I'm getting different and "I'm not sure" answers.

I am booked early saver and there is a price drop for past guest rate. My category is not available, but there are higher categories that are with upgrade included in price. Would I still be able to get the OBC and stay where I am?

I have successfully done that before

I filled out the on-line form to request the credit and added a note that I would like to stay in the room I was in.

I have successfully done that before

I filled out the on-line form to request the credit and added a note that I would like to stay in the room I was in.

Did you do your own Early Saver price guarantee form, and if so, what was the response time? I just did one yesterday

Most likely not.

They will let you upgrade and if a price drop is then available in the new category you could get the onboard credit, but if there is no price drop for your category (or your category is sold out) no such luck.

If you really want to stay where you are, some people may take the free upgrade and then you might get a price reduction in your category.

Good luck.

Most likely not.

They will let you upgrade and if a price drop is then available in the new category you could get the onboard credit, but if there is no price drop for your category (or your category is sold out) no such luck.

If you really want to stay where you are, some people may take the free upgrade and then you might get a price reduction in your category.

Good luck.

Yep... that's the case. The price protection is for the category you've booked... not a higher category cabin.

As has been mentioned, you'll likely be offered the upgrade but you'll lose your current cabin. I went through something very similar this past week and that's what I was told about the situation.

:)

Yep... that's the case. The price protection is for the category you've booked... not a higher category cabin.

As has been mentioned, you'll likely be offered the upgrade but you'll lose your current cabin. I went through something very similar this past week and that's what I was told about the situation.

Mach, I did my first on line saver form on Friday,it went through, and the response e-mail said we have received your e-mail. Since I am outside final payment, I believe it will reduce that, so can I not just keep checking My Billing to see they apply credit? Was wondering what av response time is . Thanks BV

Before reading the last 2 responses, I filled out the form and sent it. I requested OBC and stated I wanted to stay where I was as the OP mentioned. If this is not possible, they will not just upgrade me automatically correct?

The options for upgrade are Vista and Panorama on Magic. Vista balconies are right below the eating area in the Lido Marketplace and Panorama cabin is at the end right next to an open area with something called Bandstand??

After looking it over these areas don't seem like places we would like to be.

Before reading the last 2 responses, I filled out the form and sent it. I requested OBC and stated I wanted to stay where I was as the OP mentioned. If this is not possible, they will not just upgrade me automatically correct?

The options for upgrade are Vista and Panorama on Magic. Vista balconies are right below the eating area in the Lido Marketplace and Panorama cabin is at the end right next to an open area with something called Bandstand??

After looking it over these areas don't seem like places we would like to be.

I doubt they would move you... they will likely ASK if you would like to do the upgrade or not, however...

I had to give up my cabin. I would say most people were not allowed to stay in their picked cabin .. after all the rules say you have to price match to YOUR category. Why would you expect them to allow you not to have to be in that category?

I have read a lot of these posts and most people have to give up their cabin.

I didnt want to either, but I took the so called upgrade I didnt want for the $120 price drop ..

On my last cruise in the comments box on the ES form I stated that I wanted to keep the same room if possible and get an OBC (an oceanview was cheaper than our inside room). I was able to keep the room we had and received an OBC.

I sent in the form and also stated I didn't want to move, so we will see what happens. If I could have gotten a straight answer from Carnival I wouldn't have filled out the form if they told me it wasn't allowed. I am fine with them not giving the OBC, I just don't want to be upgraded without my knowledge now that I submitted the ES form.

We tried the very same thing in November-- we were booked 8C balcony----higher categories had price drops, we sent in the form, but they wouldn't give us the OBC.

They told us we could take the upgrade and move to a different cabin-- we chose to stay where we were.

We had an aft wrap on the Magic last summer and the category sold out quickly. All of the other categories were dropping in price a lot but we couldn't price match to anything. Finally the ocean suites were less than what we paid for our aft wrap. We submitted the form and asked for the OBC and to keep our wrap. We were not allowed to do that and we had to move to the suite. We each received $650 in OBC and $1300 was just to much to pass up and the suite was nice anyway. We've had wraps before and will again but we liked the $1300. Maybe it depends on what category you have.

Mach, I did my first on line saver form on Friday,it went through, and the response e-mail said we have received your e-mail. Since I am outside final payment, I believe it will reduce that, so can I not just keep checking My Billing to see they apply credit? Was wondering what av response time is . Thanks BV

Hi! I see Mach did not see your question, maybe I can help. We submitted an early saver price drop on 1/3....got the same email instant response that you did.....took until this last Monday 1/16 to get it applied, I got an email saying that the price drop was applied to balance owed, and then when I looked on my booking under "manage my cruise", the $100 reduction was applied as a payment reducing our "bottom" line. It is taking 2-3 weeks to be applied, as my PVP told me. Hope this helps.

I haven't had any experience with the higher category dropping lower than my ES price so I can't speak to that although the "rules" of ES say that it has to be for your category of cabin only.

As for the response time, I have had OBCs applied to 2 of my cabins due to price drops on 2 separate occasions. Right away I got the immediate response that they have received my request and within 3 days I got the final email saying that it's been approved and the OBCs are applied. I was able to view that online on the same day of that final email. It happened pretty quickly for me.

Archived