How to Get to Inderhavnen (Inner Harbor) in Copenhagen?

Jassy

My apologies if this has been addressed before, but I could not find any information via a search.

According to the Copenhagen Port website, our ship (Seabourn Pride) will be docked in the Inner Harbor (quay C177). We will be coming from Copenhagen airport to the ship. Is it easy to reach the ship by metro and/or S-train (carry-ons only), or are we better off taking a taxi? Thanks.

• 2 months later...

It will take about 40 minuttes in a taxi. But you can take the Metro from the Airport to Nørreport Station, and from there take the S-train 2 stops to Nordhavn Station. You will be able to see the ship from the station, and it takes less than 10 minuttes to walk from the station.

By train it will takes about 30 minuttes, and costs appr. 25 DKK Per person. I guess a taxi will cost around 200 DKK.

Have a Nice cruise

Wrong info, Nordre toldbod is located between Langelinie and Esplanaden.

I will have time tomorrow to make a more detailed post but Østerport station is the closest Train Station to C177 Nordre Toldbod.

But search Nordre Toldbod on google maps and you will find it.

Here is Nordre Toldbod on a map.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?q=Nordre+Toldbod,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.869147,11.228027&sspn=7.514357,19.753418&oq=nordre+&hnear=Nordre+Toldbod,+K%C3%B8benhavn,+Indre+By&t=m&z=16

The cheapest way is to take the metro to Kongens Nytorv and then take bus number 1A towards Hellerup and get off at the bus stop at Esplanaden/Grønningen.

Here is Nordre Toldbod on a map. The cheapest way is to take the metro to Kongens Nytorv and then take bus number 1A towards Hellerup and get off at the bus stop at Esplanaden/Grønningen.

Hi, Jassy! It's great news you are docked and boarding at Nordre Toldbod. That's where we boarded and departed in July 2010 in Copenhagen. Since you are on one of the smaller Seabourn ships (we sailed on a sister ship in the Greek Isles and Turkish Coast in 2006), that makes things very easy and convenient. Personally, especially with some luggage, I would strongly suggest taking a taxi. It will be much easier, quicker and simpler than trying to make public transit work and connect. Below are three pictures to give you an idea for how wonderful and scenic is this specific docking point for your ship. Too bad you won't time to enjoy Copenhagen before your cruise's start. Will you have time for this after at the end of your cruise?

Let us know any other questions on your port stops in the Baltics, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 65,820 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Here is the view as we approached the Silver Cloud at the pier with the large Gefion Springvandet Fountain in the foreground. This Gefion Springvandet fountain is Copenhagen’s largest monument and was built in 1908. It is based on a Scandinavian mythical tale of the goddess Gefion who plowed the island of Zealand out of Sweden. It was donated by the Carlsberg Foundation on the occasion of the brewery’s 50-year anniversary. After dumping your bags and/or checking in, take a little time to walk around here, see the nearby church and other parks, etc.:

CPHShipDeparting.jpg

This was our lunch table view from the back of our ship of the Opera House and spiral church tower in Copenhagen’s beautiful harbor with the canal tour boats moving back and forth.:

CPHDeptLunchView.jpg

Before departing Copenhagen on our ship, we had lunch on the terrace. This is the visual to our right of others enjoying this spectacular dining with the view overlooking the Gefion Springvandet Fountain and St. Albans Anglican Church. Very scenic location to hang out, enjoy the setting, etc.:

CPHDepartLunchViews.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks so much, Terry, for the suggestions and the great photos!! We have just made final payment on our Baltic cruise and now I'm becoming very excited and can hardly wait to set sail (especially after seeing your photos!). I love so many things about the small ships, and being able to dock right in the middle of a city is one of the top reasons. We will have to try Silversea one of these days.

Archived