Costa still selling concordia, r u kidding me?!

2010_cruisers

As the saying goes: Companies do not plan to fail in an emergency - instead they fai to plan.'

This is what happens when a company fails to plan for emergencies. Contrast this with the Star Princess fire. Princess cruises had an Emergency Operations Center on 'perminant standby' and had conducted regular drills. When the fire happened they had everything planned out - to the point of having a plan for feeding the emergency staff.

'

They did????

Curious where you go the information as to the fact that they had everything planned out.

Rope ladders wouldn't be a good idea, not unless you want to welcome Somalian pirates aboard - depending on the area you are sailing in, of course.

LOL!!!!! You dont keep the rope ladders down all the time!!!!LOL Safe thinking would suggest that they are kept secured on deck by the railing and away from anyone trying to climb up the side of the ship to the promenade and/or lifeboat deck and then they would be unfastened and thrown over only when needed. Of course..this is all theory..but theoretically speaking......

Why would you think that they would be hanging over the side of the ship 24/7? LOL

Hey John, long time no speak! ;)

Well here in the UK, Costa have updated their website accordingly.

I can tell you there are a lot of cheap deals, the majority of their cruises are offering at least 50% discount.

Re: the Simon Calder article. It looks like he may have booked with an unscrupulous money-grabbing TA rather than direct with Costa? Either way I agree its rather inappropriate.

Re: 'plonker' :D...... yes, a great British word.

'Richard Cranium' .....another great British expression. Hehehe! I can tell Sidari is from my neck o'woods! ;)

Happy cruising! (but maybe not with Costa, eh?)

AM

Hey John, long time no speak! ;)

Well here in the UK, Costa have updated their website accordingly.

I can tell you there are a lot of cheap deals, the majority of their cruises are offering at least 50% discount.

Re: the Simon Calder article. It looks like he may have booked with an unscrupulous money-grabbing TA rather than direct with Costa? Either way I agree its rather inappropriate.

Re: 'plonker' :D...... yes, a great British word.

'Richard Cranium' .....another great British expression. Hehehe! I can tell Sidari is from my neck o'woods! ;)

Happy cruising! (but maybe not with Costa, eh?)

AM

I was never a fan of the wen site for starters, and then the thought of begin outnumbered by Italians and NOT speaking the language l (other than food names and name of a few performers) , I was never a COSTA FAN. Now with this....um..................even worse...FREE course, still will not take it.

We've been looking , fancied a couple of cruises that Princess were offering from the UK.

Daughter was keen to go with RCCL when she discovered there was a Johnny Rockets on board!! :p however, she changed her mind last week!

It hasn't put me off but I think we're going to dust the caravan off and go on a mega tour round Scotland instead this year! Feet firmly on the ground!! ;)

We've been looking , fancied a couple of cruises that Princess were offering from the UK.

Daughter was keen to go with RCCL when she discovered there was a Johnny Rockets on board!! :p however, she changed her mind last week!

It hasn't put me off but I think we're going to dust the caravan off and go on a mega tour round Scotland instead this year! Feet firmly on the ground!! ;)

From PCL to RCCL to the caravan...hmm...could be a fun change, going retro to have a new adventure??

Because with any major corporation and even most small companies, there is someone on call 24/7 who can make changes to the site. I've managed web sites for large international corporations and small companies since 1994--yes, 1994--so I think I've got a clue about what I'm talking about. What type of experience do you have that can back up your claim?

When I was with a major corporation, there were never less than five people who could implement changes to the public site at any given time, and there were always at least two people on call after hours. That's standard with any large organization.

Celebrity took over a week to correct an issue that they had wiuth the Riedel wine glass and they hadn't experienced such a tragedy as Costa.

Don't care about what you might have done at whatever job you worked at. Don't ASSUME that anyone was working that weekend just to remove a sailing from their web site. They had much BIGGER issues to deal with.

I went to the site to see if Costa had posted any sort of official corporate communication (they hadn't) and noticed that the Concordia was still showing. I followed a couple of links and realized you could still book cruises on her. If I had been "looking for an issue to report" I would have done so then by starting a new thread, not a week later when it's relevent to the conversation.

Funny, I don't even see the ship listed at the Costa site. Look under ships.........

http://www.costacruise.com/B2C/USA/Default.htm

Oh I know, they have since removed it since your post. However I went through this same argument on another board this past weekend and it hadn't been listed then either.

Funny, I don't even see the ship listed at the Costa site. Look under ships.........

http://www.costacruise.com/B2C/USA/Default.htm

Oh I know, they have since removed it since your post. However I went through this same argument on another board this past weekend and it hadn't been listed then either.

It was there a week ago, not yesterday.

Celebrity took over a week to correct an issue that they had wiuth the Riedel wine glass and they hadn't experienced such a tragedy as Costa.

Don't care about what you might have done at whatever job you worked at. Don't ASSUME that anyone was working that weekend just to remove a sailing from their web site. They had much BIGGER issues to deal with.

If they don't ahve someone on call 24/7 to manage theri web site, that's yet another strike against them. I have a lot of friends in I/T for major corps, and I don't know a single one who doesn't pull on call duty at least once a month.

If they don't ahve someone on call 24/7 to manage theri web site, that's yet another strike against them. I have a lot of friends in I/T for major corps, and I don't know a single one who doesn't pull on call duty at least once a month.

Guess you will be handing out strikes to each of the cruise lines then since they don't seem to follow your rules about web sites.

Maybe their web site was the last thing on their mind. You know, capsized ship, passengers and crew missing, stories conflicting, figuring out what the hell to do .... yep put that all aside and make sure IT removes any future bookings from their web site PLUS notify every TA, vacation planner that one of their cruise ships have grounded.

Maybe they didn`t update the website for a couple of days. So what.

They had better things to do. It`s pretty easy for them to cancel someone that booked and refund their money. It`s not wise to update your website when all the facts are not yet in as to the condition of the ship.

Maybe they had to evaluate the Concordia to make a decision as to whether it was repairable, how long that would take, cost, etc. These cruise lines book 2 years out, if the Concordia was repairable, they wouldn`t want to drive business away just because they needed to update their website.

I`ve seen many cruise lines, airlines and travel agencies with obvious errors on their websites which take months to correct. I once got a terrific deal from Celebrity due to an error on their site.

From PCL to RCCL to the caravan...hmm...could be a fun change, going retro to have a new adventure??

Don't do retro, its all mod cons in our van, even central heating! ;)

However......add the great British weather (rain) midges and two large dogs and it could be fun!.......not!

.....or we could just sell it. That would pay for 2 Princess cruises hehe

Not only did they have more important things to take care of, why would they ever worry about idiots that would try to book a cruise knowing about the disaster that had befallen the Concordia? You have to have your head up your .......to be that stupid! I think the reporter just wanted to get his 15 mins.!:eek:

Archived