Questions about booking..

CGoguen

Hi all,

I hope I can get some help here as RCCL website seems to have little info on the matter. I am looking at booking a cruise for next year. I have never cruised with RCCL before and the last cruise I did, I booked via TA. I want to do my own bookings this time but I need to understand the pricing first.

This is my understanding so far. Can somebody please let me know if I have it correct:

1. If I book today for a cruise in 2013 and the price is currently $2000 total. If I put down my deposit and the price drops next month, I can get the new price. Otherwise if I do nothing, or if the price goes up, my price stays at $2000 so long as I make no changes to my booking.

2. Cruise needs to be paid for 90 days in advance (7 day cruise). I can cancel or make as many changes as I want so long as the cruise is currently still more than 90 days out. I would just pay the difference in cost.

3. After I make my final payment, I have 48 hours to collect on any price drops. After 48 hours, if the price drops, I am out of luck.

Please, can somebody read these points and clarify for me if I am mistaken.

Also, I have 1 more question. We want a balcony cabin. My husband is very sensitive to smoke. If there is a smoker on a balcony near us or next to us, would it blow onto our balcony, or are they fairly well protected?

Thanks!!

Hi all,

I hope I can get some help here as RCCL website seems to have little info on the matter. I am looking at booking a cruise for next year. I have never cruised with RCCL before and the last cruise I did, I booked via TA. I want to do my own bookings this time but I need to understand the pricing first.

This is my understanding so far. Can somebody please let me know if I have it correct:

1. If I book today for a cruise in 2013 and the price is currently $2000 total. If I put down my deposit and the price drops next month, I can get the new price. Otherwise if I do nothing, or if the price goes up, my price stays at $2000 so long as I make no changes to my booking.

You can get any price drops up until final payment, but YOU must monitor the situation and call for the price change. You will have no one doing it for you. If you miss it, you don't get it. Your deposit for a 7 night cruise is $250 pp, since you want a balcony cabin. (full suites are twice as much)

2. Cruise needs to be paid for 90 days in advance (7 day cruise). I can cancel or make as many changes as I want so long as the cruise is currently still more than 90 days out. I would just pay the difference in cost.

The final payment is due 75 days before embarkation, unless your cruise contains Christmas or New Year's Eve.

3. After I make my final payment, I have 48 hours to collect on any price drops. After 48 hours, if the price drops, I am out of luck.

That's only if you BOOK after final payment. If you book in advance, you can get price drops up until final payment day.

Please, can somebody read these points and clarify for me if I am mistaken.

Also, I have 1 more question. We want a balcony cabin. My husband is very sensitive to smoke. If there is a smoker on a balcony near us or next to us, would it blow onto our balcony, or are they fairly well protected?

Thanks!!

It could. It depends on the location on the ship. Politely asking your neighbors to "share" the balcony time almost always works, if there is a smoker.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

If the price drops after final payment, you are able to upgrade to a higher cabin category if it is equal to what you paid for originally. As for the smoke, I wouldn't worry too much about it wafting onto your balcony. Some have had issues, but I have not.

Archived