Tinnitus noise blocking Island Princess

Alaskanb

I love this app, and used it on my last cruise. I also recommend the airplane noise (sounds like the inside of an airplane).

I also suffer from Tinnitus, about the only time it bothers me is when I think about it (in other words I have gotten used to it.) I downloaded the white noise app onto my iPhone almost a year ago and use it every night along with our ceiling fan. On our recent Carnival Dream cruise I of course did not have the ceiling fan but used my white noise app turned up an couple notches above normal every night; slept like a baby! :)

After getting back home from our cruise a couple weeks ago, I realized that I had not been bothered by my tininitis on the cruise. Stress can make it worse so maybe I was so relaxed that it wasn't as loud as usual. Great reason to book more cruises!

Tried the Marpac sound generator and it didn't help at all--wrong frequencies for me--so returned it.

Someone suggested using an AM radio set between stations. As we would like to listen to NPR on board (when we can get reception) I purchased a small Sony FM/AM radio (Amazon --about $10) and received it today. The sound is great and the in-between stations noise is perfect. Supposed to run for 40-45 hrs on two AA batteries. Great solution in my case!:)

...We love taking ours on trips as it cuts down on all that background noise in the hallway, or siren/traffic noise outside windows in hotels, etc. I'll never understand the people who talk loudly, laugh or make other loud noises while in the hallway late at night when you're trying to sleep. Very inconsiderate! This helps immensely!

Ceiling fans in bedrooms don't work for me - my fans are silent!

I couldn't agree more! I've had tinnitus, but never on a cruise. The passengers-in-the-hallway noise does bother me, so maybe the white noise is a good option for me to help drown it out. Thanks! ;)

Archived