How Hard Is It To Drop Someone Off At The Pier At Embarkation And What Time????

pjfnme

Hello. We are going aboard the Conquest May 1 and are having some parking issues. My Mom is partially disabled and we are taking a scooter as well as a manual wheelchair. Machu Pichu tours advised that their buses are not handicapped accessible so we may have to drop off someone with the scooter and wheelchair prior to taking our vehicle to Machu. Can someone tell me how difficult it is to drop someone off at the pier and even if it is allowed. Also....what is the BEST time to get there to do this? I have heard that prior to noon there are still a lot of people trying to disembark.

Anyway...anyone with any ideas I would appreciate the information very much!!! Thanks!!!

It's definitely allowed. A lot of folks are dropped off at the front of the terminal.

According to what time you go, you may have to wait in a line of cars for a bit, but it shouldn't take too long...but then, you might just drive on up with no wait...? Hard to tell, but it shouldn't take but a very few minutes for the line of cars to go through.

I would recommend arriving after 2pm, that's what we did and we drove right up. You should not have a problem dropping off someone with a scooter. The terminal and obviously the ship are handicapped accessible.

Well...we should arrive in New Orleans by 11:00 and since it will be one of the weekends for Jazz Fest it will be too crowded and busy to go sightseeing. We were planning on going on to the pier, dropping off my Mom and the scooter, wheelchair & luggage and then going on to Machu to park the vehicle. That would put us checking in around noon.....do u guys think that will be okay?

• 2 weeks later...

Just reading on the Port of New Orleans website that they are not allowing ANY cruise traffic by the pier until after 10:30. I'm guessing that they want to be able to get folk on the shuttles out fo there. They state that if someone is to be picking you up that it is best if you take the shuttle over to the parking area and have them pick you up there. If you want to drop someone off you will have to wait until after 10:30 and then you are probably be in a long line. You may want to just park and take the shutlle over.

Archived