Balcony Breakfast Loogies :(

legalwife

Yep. I am posting this.

Just returned from the Victory and had a wonderful balcony. Ate breakfast every morning on the balcony. We were "serenaded" by coughing and coughing and then the dreaded spit every morning but one. UGH!!!!!!!!! Not just on one side of us either!

I know people are entitled to smoke on their balcony. I also know many people who are non-smokers have coughs right now. Please - can you not take care of the cough attack with loogie follow up in the bathroom?

Just my thought on this. Cruise was great otherwise. ;)

Good grief, I certainly hope that they didn't spit it overboard. Due to the wind, there is no telling where it may end-up. :eek: Gross.

I think the problem is that one doesn't realize just how non-sound proof those balconies are. We were next to 2 ladies that were having a rather -X- rated conversation on their balcony one morning. We made a little noise to let them know that we were out there but they didn't get the hint and continued on their conversation. We got up and went back inside to give them their privacy. It was just way TMI for us.

Why would you think that they would be considerate about not coughing on the balcony. They smoke there with the smoke drifting over, will hold there cancer stick away from their body and in your face, will take a long inhale before getting on a elevator and then exhale when inside and etc.

There are many smokers that are considerate and try to or to offend others with their smoke but there are also rude and inconsiderate people who don't smoke and don't really care.

On one cruise we had a smoker next to us that would also cough, smoke and carry on a conversation with his wife that was inside the cabin. He talked so loud that I am sure that the crew could har him in their cabin. Plus he would have the TV volume as high as it would go.

We also had a family group that would hang over the rails and carry on conversations with each other that were cabins away. They weren't smokers just inconsiderate. They would do that all thru the day and night.

Another time some kid would sit on the balcony and practice playing his horn and they were a beginner. Wasn't an adjoining cabin and on another deck but still irritating.

It was no coincidence that my bar bill was very high on those cruises. :mad:

OMG! Really?! You know others pay just as much for their balconies as you did. Last I checked, smoking was allowed. Talking was allowed and I guess blowing your nose and coughing was allowed. I'm not saying these are all pleasant things but I guess if you don't like it, get an inside or oceanview room next time.

At least they weren't farting!:eek:

OMG! Really?! You know others pay just as much for their balconies as you did. Last I checked, smoking was allowed. Talking was allowed and I guess blowing your nose and coughing was allowed. I'm not saying these are all pleasant things but I guess if you don't like it, get an inside or oceanview room next time.

At least they weren't farting!:eek:

That's your answer "They're Allowed"? Typical smoker response.

cigarette.gif

Sorry you had to deal with loogies. That is gross. However, I have never been anywhere where there are lots of people that I haven't had to be tolerant of the noise, odors, idosycracies and habits of other people. Sometimes I feel a little annoyed/irritated by others. I always have to think to myself, what am I doing that might be annoying other people? I'm sure my habits are can be irritatating too. We are all human, so I try my best (not always successfully) to ignore it or move somewhere else where what is irratating me isn't to close to me.

That's your answer "They're Allowed"? Typical smoker response.

cigarette.gif

Wow pretty presumtious to assume I am a smoker. I am not by the way. I just think that everyone pay the same for a balcony as others and not everyone is curteous. It's not just smokers either. Where in my post did I say I was a smoker?

Somebody needs to do a study on how many threads start out one thing and all of a sudden is about smoking? I am curious to know the average number of responses on a thread for this to happen.:D:rolleyes:

And I realize that I played a part in this with an earlier respnse. Still find it curious though.

Sorry you had to deal with loogies. That is gross. However, I have never been anywhere where there are lots of people that I haven't had to be tolerant of the noise, odors, idosycracies and habits of other people. Sometimes I feel a little annoyed/irritated by others. I always have to think to myself, what am I doing that might be annoying other people? I'm sure my habits are can be irritatating too. We are all human, so I try my best (not always successfully) to ignore it or move somewhere else where what is irratating me isn't to close to me.

Yes, but are your annoying habits so loud or intrusive as it affects other people? Some people are just inconsiderate and have no regard for those around them.

Yes, but are your annoying habits so loud or intrusive as it affects other people? Some people are just inconsiderate and have no regard for those around them.

I agree. Hearing somebody hock up a loogie is worse than hearing someone blow their nose or coughing. I dont think I or my DW would cringe or make a disgusting face to one another if we heard someone blowing thier nose or coughing but to hear someone forming a loogie.....well some funny faces and remarks would be made for sure. :)

I agree. Hearing somebody hock up a loogie is worse than hearing someone blow their nose or coughing. I dont think I or my DW would cringe or make a disgusting face to one another if we heard someone blowing thier nose or coughing but to hear someone forming a loogie.....well some funny faces and remarks would be made for sure. :)

Guess I should clarify, when I said blowing their nose and nothing hitting my balcony, I mean people blowing snot rockets.

"At least they weren't farting!:eek: "

I'd rather smell the gas from farting than second hand smoke. It doesnt linger nearly as long.

Indeanaseadog,

It's not that I like second hand smoke, but if I had my choice I'd choose it EVERYTIME rather than the aroma of fecal matter.

Yep. I am posting this.

Just returned from the Victory and had a wonderful balcony. Ate breakfast every morning on the balcony. We were "serenaded" by coughing and coughing and then the dreaded spit every morning but one. UGH!!!!!!!!! Not just on one side of us either!

I know people are entitled to smoke on their balcony. I also know many people who are non-smokers have coughs right now. Please - can you not take care of the cough attack with loogie follow up in the bathroom?

Just my thought on this. Cruise was great otherwise. ;)

Legalwife,

I'd trade my experience at basketball games last night for a loogie launcher; My 14 year old played JV @ 4PM, then the girls played and then my son played again @ 7:30 in the varisty game. The games weren't real close, but they were competitive (They were playing against a Catholic school that recruits from everywhere). Anyhow, there was a constant complainer with a real whiney voice seated beside me. He commented on every play and never once had anything nice to say. I tolerated his comments thru two games, but by the second quarter of the final game I was ready to shove my camera down his throat. I politely, or as politely as I could muster, asked him to quit commenting so often. He replied that he wasn't cussing. I told him I didn't care if he cussed or not, but that he had called players stupid and dumb, but my real concern was his constant bitching and his whiney little voice. He was a large man, but even later when he objected to my voiced frustration over my son getting punched in the nose and I got nose to nose with him he still wouldn't get physical. I'll never understand why people run their mouths nonstop and whine about everything and why they won't defend themselves physically when directly insulted. I wanted him to swing at me so bad....:o When he voiced his concern with me I offered to write an I'm sorry across his forehead. He still just sat there. There's nothing worse than being whiney and a coward; he fit the bill for both.

Loogie launcher vs whiney complainer. Yeah I'll take the loogie launcher with the additional benefit of being on a cruise while taking him. :)

Indeanaseadog,

It's not that I like second hand smoke, but if I had my choice I'd choose it EVERYTIME rather than the aroma of fecal matter.

I guess I should have put my "note the sarcasm" emoticon on here. Geez.

And I would have to sit holding my nose for either one if the odor was strong enough. But I do know that odor from body gases (not fecal matter) wont make my sinuses or throat hurt.;)

Archived