Balcony Breakfast Loogies :(

legalwife

That's your answer "They're Allowed"? Typical smoker response.

cigarette.gif

Typical non-smoker soapbox response.:rolleyes: (And I am a non-smoker - I just believe in being tolerant and accepting of smokers' privileges on board a ship when they are following the designated rules)

Forget the loogie and smoking stuff, whats up with the X-rated convo that those ladies where having??? Not TMI for me... LOL:D

We were next to 2 ladies that were having a rather -X- rated conversation on their balcony one morning.

And I would have to sit holding my nose for either one if the odor was strong enough. But I do know that odor from body gases (not fecal matter) wont make my sinuses or throat hurt.;)

My wife might disagree with you on this last part!!! :D

Mike

I m starting to think that I am not missing much by never having had a balcony stateroom. From the smoke, to the weird noises, and odd conversations, I think that I am better off with my occasional OV room, and my more than usual inside or porthole room.:p

OMG! Really?! You know others pay just as much for their balconies as you did. Last I checked, smoking was allowed. Talking was allowed and I guess blowing your nose and coughing was allowed. I'm not saying these are all pleasant things but I guess if you don't like it, get an inside or oceanview room next time.

At least they weren't farting!:eek:

Amen! If all these things are going to ruin your vacation...you should do soemthing different. No one likes a complainer. On our last cruise the elderly couple next door liked to have sex with the balcony door open. We just laughed and went inside so they couldn't hear us laughing. I might have even snorted...is that allowed?

All of these things (smoking, loogies, burping, farting...etc.) and the people that choose their "less than desirable" habits with the world...it really comes down to one simple thing....simple lack of manners and respect for others.

When I was a kid, my parents taught me not to be a nuisance to others. Don't talk unnecessarily loud in public places, don't interrupt, elbows off the table, the rolling of the eyes....etc. Yes these ARE my rights to do all of these...including smoke on my balcony (btw, I'm not a smoker), talk about detailed sexual acts, hawk loogies and be a general nuisance to others...but I choose to live by the standards I would like to see from others.

Most people refer to this as the "Golden Rule", however, there are some that believe that they can do whatever they want, but God forbid, YOU do something to rub THEM the wrong way. If people cannot understand that their behavior is offensive and continue to fall back on the "it's my right to be disgusting if I want to"...then what makes you believe that they even have to ability to see life from another person's perspective?

ewwwww!! This is so not what I needed to read after just upgrading to our first balcony!! Lol! :eek::eek:

I have been very very lucky with balconies. My last balcony I did not see or hear my neighbors at all until Day 6 of the cruise - and even then I only saw my neighbors to the left because they happened to be standing at the rail at the same time I was.

Well, I (sort of) take that back. There was yelling from the balconies at the ports at the pier runners. That is seriously the only time I heard anything from the other balconies.

You don't have to worry about it on Carnival, but one time on Princess a much older couple a couple decks below me apparently didn't realize that their Carib Deck balcony could be seen by everybody above them. I have now recovered physically and emotionally after several months of therapy and surgery to remove the images seared into my retinas.:eek:

When I was a kid, my parents taught me not to be a nuisance to others. Don't talk unnecessarily loud in public places, don't interrupt, elbows off the table, the rolling of the eyes....etc. Yes these ARE my rights to do all of these...including smoke on my balcony (btw, I'm not a smoker), talk about detailed sexual acts, hawk loogies and be a general nuisance to others...but I choose to live by the standards I would like to see from others.

Okay. I cut out a little on above quote to save space but so well put and thank you and wish more felt like this.

Next, thanks to the rest of you for making my "back to reality" week at work full of giggles. If I was able to hawk one, I would do it in all of your honor. :eek: UGH!!!

Yep. I am posting this.

Just returned from the Victory and had a wonderful balcony. Ate breakfast every morning on the balcony. We were "serenaded" by coughing and coughing and then the dreaded spit every morning but one. UGH!!!!!!!!! Not just on one side of us either!

I know people are entitled to smoke on their balcony. I also know many people who are non-smokers have coughs right now. Please - can you not take care of the cough attack with loogie follow up in the bathroom?

Just my thought on this. Cruise was great otherwise. ;)

Probably a good thing people don't pee off of the balcony!

Why would you think that they would be considerate about not coughing on the balcony. They smoke there with the smoke drifting over, will hold there cancer stick away from their body and in your face, will take a long inhale before getting on a elevator and then exhale when inside and etc.

There are many smokers that are considerate and try to or to offend others with their smoke but there are also rude and inconsiderate people who don't smoke and don't really care.

On one cruise we had a smoker next to us that would also cough, smoke and carry on a conversation with his wife that was inside the cabin. He talked so loud that I am sure that the crew could har him in their cabin. Plus he would have the TV volume as high as it would go.

We also had a family group that would hang over the rails and carry on conversations with each other that were cabins away. They weren't smokers just inconsiderate. They would do that all thru the day and night.

Another time some kid would sit on the balcony and practice playing his horn and they were a beginner. Wasn't an adjoining cabin and on another deck but still irritating.

It was no coincidence that my bar bill was very high on those cruises. :mad:

Aren't you glad it wasn't someone playing the bagpipes!?:eek::D

Archived