Best SD cabin on Dawn

smg53

Hello all!

We are considering booking one of the new SD suites on the Dawn. I have read some wonderful reviews and looked at some photos and I wanted to get some opinions.

I know that people have said 12530 and 12030 have smaller, irregular balconies. I want one of those big beautiful balconies I have seen in some of the photos. Based on descriptions I can find I should be safe booking any of there other 8 remaining SD cabins. Does this sound right? Anybody have a preference?

Dreaming of Bermuda and the suite life in a few months....Thanks for your help!

Honestly, we were in one of the two you noted that have the smaller balcony--and we had lots of room. So yes, I think you will love the balcony on any of them. These suites are beautiful--light, bright, modern, huge windows--absolutely wonderful.

No issue with the jogging track. If you are really picky then you might not like that these balconies are actually so close to the deck that you can hear the music from the bands who play at the pool in the afternoon and some evenings. That happened to be one of my FAVORITE things. But inside the room--well--I really heard no noise--jogging track or otherwise.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the quick information! I saw the photos of the 12522 (or 12022) and that looks like a WONDERFUL balcony. Although any balcony is a wonderful balcony to me!

We booked 12522 (SJ) on the Star and 12022 (SD) on the Dawn. According to my TA's website, all the SD's on the Dawn (except 12030/12530 which are 495 sq ft) have 409 sq ft inside the suite. The balconies are different sizes......12020/12520 have a 98 sq ft balcony, 12022/12522 and 12026/12526 have 110 sq ft balconies,:) 12028/12528 have 77 sq ft balconies and 12030/12530 have the smallest balconiesw at 58 sq ft.

Edited by peg013

Has anyone reported any problems with the jogging track being overhead?

We stayed in 12530 in February, and yes, we had problems with overhead noise. It bothered us, but it my not bother others. The cabin itself was superb. The other con was the people on deck 13 could look right down on our balcony which is uncovered.

What is it exactly that pulls out to separate the bed and sofa bed? It looks like a thick partition.

The thick brown partition that you can see in the picture is almost like a wooden curtain. It unfolds as you open it and it runs in tracks on the floor. There is also another curtain that you can slide across the foot of the bed that will enclose the whole bed.

Warning: Be careful of stubbing your toes in the middle of the night on the track. If the divider is not open you can forget that it's there. OUCH!!

You guys are great, thanks for the info, we switched to 12022. Hopefully it will be far enough away from the pool so we don't hear alot of music. Although Canada/New England in October may not have a lot of pool music. :D

We booked 12522 (SJ) on the Star and 12022 (SD) on the Dawn. According to my TA's website, all the SD's on the Dawn (except 12030/12530 which are 495 sq ft) have 409 sq ft inside the suite. The balconies are different sizes......12020/12520 have a 98 sq ft balcony, 12022/12522 and 12026/12526 have 110 sq ft balconies,:) 12028/12528 have 77 sq ft balconies and 12030/12530 have the smallest balconiesw at 58 sq ft.

I just booked the SJ on the Star since I really think the cabin looks awesome with all those windows. TA told me cabin#'s 12506 is 409 sq ft, 12032 handicap is 451 and 12030 is 495.

• 1 month later...

We were in 15256 in December and were told the Balcony was 110 Sq Feet as reported above, the balcony on 12530 was reported as 56 Sq Feet.

I will say that we pulled both loungers onto one side, side by side and frankly we only used half of the space most of the time.

We loved lounging out there and being able to hear the pool music during port time and sail away times - we considered it a huge perk!

I would book one of these suites again in a heart beat!

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

On the Dawn, the largest balconies in SD class are the 12X22 and 12x26 suites. Very long, not that deep. Those balconies are slightly smaller than SF aft facing suites on deck 10 with their very deep balconies, however, the SD suites on deck 12 are huge inside with a great bathroom. To us, if we have two, we go SF, with three or more it is SD. Good luck!

We enjoyed the SD we sailed in on the Dawn last June. I picked 12520 because it had a smaller wall and a better view looking forward from the balcony.

Here is a link to the photo and video tour that I made from our cruise:

http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/zimomiller/library/#/user/zimomiller/library/Norwegian%20Dawn%2012520%20SD%20Family%20Suite?sort=3&page=0&_suid=136849141095901941418882273636

• 1 year later...