Door Decor

KSxStitch

They don't mind at all. In fact, I decorated our door and the 3 doors of our friends traveling with us. There was a cabin in between us without a decoration, and when we saw that they liked our decorations, I decorated their door too. This was on a TransAtlantic, so we were on the ship 15 days. On day 14, we started to take our decorations down, and the room steward told us to keep them up. He said he enjoyed hearing people go past the rooms and make nice comments.

We did take them down the last day and made sure the door had no tape residue or anything else on it.

I know some people don't like them and think they are tacky, but I think door decorations can be fun!:D

We did our door up for our New Year's Mariner cruise. I enjoyed it. It was a conversation starter with a lot of fun comments. Staff had no problem with it. We did clean it all up so we didn't make extra work for our steward. Just don't put anything up you don't want to lose. We had roaming kids swipe pieces off our door 3 times.

We made our door obnoxious, and they didn't say anything...

402784_10151137240175013_569450012_22154752_1122856359_n.jpg

Do note, that when you have something cool hanging by your door, some people feel like they need to tamper with it/take it. My mother decorated her door with some jingle bells three years in a row - the last two years, they were stolen. Not everyone has the Christmas/festive spirit!

Well, I would make sure that your friends want their door decorated. I would not like it if someone did it to my door. I like a plain, nothing on it door.

Agree...I also wouldn't feel the need to decorate my hotel door..why is a cruise cabin door any different ;)

Perhaps you missed the part where I said we are a ***Family*** group. We often give funny gifts and pull jokes on each other.

My gift to my son-in-law last Christmas was a cow.

Thanks for all the suggestions and links to samples. The magnets sound like just the thing to use.

Archived