Where to eat in Cozumel?

Pinkbaby01

We have eaten in PB's downtown several times-our go to place. This last trip we decided to walk over from the I-pier to the PM-pier to go to the panchos there(our 1st time there). It was great, open air,right on the water, looking at the piers and ships,great food.Music also. The landscape there is very tropical and lush. And, no cab ride.:D

We have eaten in PB's downtown several times-our go to place. This last trip we decided to walk over from the I-pier to the PM-pier to go to the panchos there(our 1st time there). It was great, open air,right on the water, looking at the piers and ships,great food.Music also. The landscape there is very tropical and lush. And, no cab ride.:D

Do you recall about how far the walk was from the International Pier to Pancho's? This sounds perfect for us. Last year we went to the one downtown, and I'd love to try this one on the water. Thanks in advance for the info!

Karen

You can see our tracks in Cozumel. We go by cab, usually not far, to El Centro, which is the older part of town. My wife and I walk alone in the town, and have never had any problems. Beer is $1 here instead of $3 near the dock. Shopping is much less also. We just look around till we see a nice looking cafe and go in and eat. The food has always been good . Yo hablo un poco espanol, I speak a little spanish which helps sometimes. I like to get away from the crowds.

I would highly recommend La Choza. We go there every time we are in Cozumel. We wouldn't think of going anywhere else. Our first time in Cozumel we were told Pancho's was great. We went, we ate, we were not impressed. Due to Hurricane Ike we ended up staying in Cozumel a second day and asked a local where they would eat lunch. We were told La Choza and enjoyed one of the best meals we've had in a long time.

La Choza gets 2 thumbs up from me!!!!!!

http://www.lachoza-cozumel.com/

• 3 weeks later...
I would highly recommend La Choza. We go there every time we are in Cozumel. We wouldn't think of going anywhere else. Our first time in Cozumel we were told Pancho's was great. We went, we ate, we were not impressed. Due to Hurricane Ike we ended up staying in Cozumel a second day and asked a local where they would eat lunch. We were told La Choza and enjoyed one of the best meals we've had in a long time.

La Choza gets 2 thumbs up from me!!!!!!

http://www.lachoza-cozumel.com/

Our favorite also (along with Casa Denis) At La Choza if you want authentic Mexican food with a Mayan twist, ask for the daily specials menu. It's the one the locals use. Great food and cheap!:D

We were just in Cozumel on the Conquest a few weeks ago, and I kid not, the best meal we had our ENTIRE cruise was from a little taco vendor in a storefront. There was a bar there with very inexpensive drinks (beers for $1 and I think I paid $4 for a large, strong pina colada). The tacos were $1 each, and were pork tacos and seriously the most delicious thing we ate all week. Even my picky 5 year old loved them! The store was right down the street from International pier, to the left.

429098_10150547627134614_697164613_8558765_1496405742_n.jpg

427023_10150547627229614_697164613_8558766_2108775653_n.jpg

What if you threw in four teenagers and a 1:30 ish snorkel/dive trip? Would you still suggest Panchos/La Mision or La Choza for a reasonably priced meal that wouldn't haunt us out on the water?

In addition to the store, there's a great blue taco/food truck usually across the street or just down the street form the International pier.

Who's the dive trip with? If with Eagle Ray Divers, they'll probably recommend La Choza as it's closer than El Moro, which doesn't open up til 1 PM.

Cafe Denis at the back corner of the town square, delicious ! This was recommended to us several years ago by a shop owner and we have never looked back.

Oldest restaurant in Coz so they must be doing something right.;)

I don't think anyone has mentioned the 10% off coupon on the La Choza website. Includes food and drinks! Thanks for all the recommendations ;)

http://www.lachoza-cozumel.com/index.html

Pancho's backyard also has a coupon from it's website for a free Awesome Margarita with the purchase of a meal. Which is the better deal depends on what you like.:cool:

http://www.panchosbackyard.com

Panchos backyard and La Mission are 2 places I recommend downtown. PB is good food, prices and nice hacienda feel. LM has better seafood. I also think LM has stronger margaritas. Cab fare is the same $7 to either

Pb has another location over @ the Carnival pier next door

Archived