Ship docks at 8AM- when's the earliest flight that's "safe"?

lissvarna

So, the Freedom docks in Fort Lauderdale at 8AM on the last day of our cruise. All of the reasonably priced flights leave very early. We found one at 11AM, but is that pushing it?

On my last cruise I think our flight was at 10:30AM, and we made it. But I'm not sure if we were able to get off the ship earlier than 8 or not.

So, the Freedom docks in Fort Lauderdale at 8AM on the last day of our cruise. All of the reasonably priced flights leave very early. We found one at 11AM, but is that pushing it?

On my last cruise I think our flight was at 10:30AM, and we made it. But I'm not sure if we were able to get off the ship earlier than 8 or not.

I think you would be fine - just make sure you're off the ship by 8 or 8:30.

I hate rushing or stressing right after a perfect relaxing vacation. I would take a later flight so if there is a delay for ANY reason you have no worries. If you will have long flight(s) because you're quite far from port stay an extra day and leave early the next day.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Plan to do self-assist and catch a cab to the airport and you should be fine.

I never book before noon. I've been on a ship that hit the dock, didnt even get to the elevators until 10:30 am.

I've been on a ship that had full customs. 2 hours in line.

I am not willing to risk having to rebook my flight because I was trying to save a few pennies on airfare.

I hate rushing or stressing right after a perfect relaxing vacation. I would take a later flight so if there is a delay for ANY reason you have no worries. If you will have long flight(s) because you're quite far from port stay an extra day and leave early the next day.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

While OP should be fine, I agree that it is nicer to just spend the night and catch an early flight the next day. Not only do you not have to stress about getting to the airport, you also don't have to be bored to death sitting around the airport waiting for a later flight. Also and nice breather before returning to the real world.

I never book before noon. I've been on a ship that hit the dock, didnt even get to the elevators until 10:30 am.

I've been on a ship that had full customs. 2 hours in line.

I am not willing to risk having to rebook my flight because I was trying to save a few pennies on airfare.

We're talking $100 each, so not exactly pennies.

Thanks everyone for the help!!

Archived