Need Help finding document holder

Michelle19

So back in November hubby and I were on the Sapphire & on some paper we got while on the ship I saw an advertisement for a really nice travel document holder.. I brought the sheet home thinking i really wanted to buy it.. Now I have lost it!! (yup, should have ordered it on the ship!!) I have googled till my fingers are numb.. Does anyone at all know what website I am talking about that sells this? Its has a sun for a logo i think... sol or sun.. The paper I saw it on wasnt the patter but the sheet they put inside the patter that talks about the art auction and the gold for sale etc.. Thanks everyone! :confused:

There are several very good travel companies that offer travel document holders. You might want to check out companies such as PacSafe, Travelon, Eagle Creek, Magellan for their offerings. I can't help you with the specific one you saw advertised on your ship but I agree it sounds like a DelSol product.

Good luck!

I guess I am cheap but all I use as a document holder is a duo tang. I punch holes and I keep all documents including air, hotel, cruise and tours. I also make copies our tourist information . Cheap but very handy and not bulky

No actually that picture was awesome! Thank You all so much!! Delsol is exactly what it was!!

Now to decide between DelSol or Victoria one.. Both are nice and we really need to use something other than a blue plastic folder.. lol

THANK YOU THANK YOU!! ;)

Shoot.. Its not DelSol.. But it is very close to that name I just know it.. I will check the other ones you all suggested.. Thanks.. Funny, I keep all patters, most travel stuff and I will be darn if i can find that 1 blue sheet!! lol

I thought about lining my case (or at least the passport pocket) with foil for that reason but have not bothered.

Also check out Magellan's. If she's into leather, you might go in that direction. Also, if it's protected against RFIDs, then it's much more secure if she plans to keep her passport or credit cards in it.

So, I bet this is what you are talking about...this leather portfolio was a "gift" from the shopping guide on board our last cruise. It is by Parazul. I don't use it really so I might know where you could get one. :) I'm on a phone posting this so it's not very easy to post pics(or maybe I just don't know how), but if you are interested, I could email them to you.

So far, U.S. credit cards do not have the RFID chips in them, and the magnetic stripes cannot be read unless they are physically swiped. New passports do however have the RFID chips embedded in the front covers.

As a further note, some European kiosks that sell train tickets, etc., seem to reject American credit cards, but that is because they are looking for the chip in the card. So the rejection, or failure to work, is not a real problem, you just need to go to a manned counter when that happens.

If you have a travel/luggage store anywhere close to you, they will have them perhaps not the exact brand, but several choices/price points.

Here are some that are on the company website (I work part time at a luggage store):

http://www.coloradobaggage.com/cbc/dept.asp?dept_id=3274 We don't carrry all of those in the store but we do have some in the store that are not on our website.

This is the one I have, purchased from the store, but not on the website:

http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/product.aspx?c=309&pid=56954&VID=56954

Johnston & MUrphy is an excellent brand, well made leather and would last a lifetime.

So, I bet this is what you are talking about...this leather portfolio was a "gift" from the shopping guide on board our last cruise. It is by Parazul. I don't use it really so I might know where you could get one. :) I'm on a phone posting this so it's not very easy to post pics(or maybe I just don't know how), but if you are interested, I could email them to you.

PARAZUL!!! Yes!! Thank You! I ordered it! I Just love this one!! Knew you guys would know!! :D:D:D

So far, U.S. credit cards do not have the RFID chips in them, and the magnetic stripes cannot be read unless they are physically swiped. New passports do however have the RFID chips embedded in the front covers.

As a further note, some European kiosks that sell train tickets, etc., seem to reject American credit cards, but that is because they are looking for the chip in the card. So the rejection, or failure to work, is not a real problem, you just need to go to a manned counter when that happens.

That's where the main concern comes in. Also, thanks for the info. on the train ticket machines that may not recognize my US credit card. I'll need that info. on my next trip.

PARAZUL!!! Yes!! Thank You! I ordered it! I Just love this one!! Knew you guys would know!! :D:D:D

Glad you found it. I don't know how much it was on their site, but I really don't use mine so if you or anyone else was interested, they can contact me. Enjoy filling it up with tickets to amazing destinations!

Glad you found it. I don't know how much it was on their site, but I really don't use mine so if you or anyone else was interested, they can contact me. Enjoy filling it up with tickets to amazing destinations!

:eek: Snuck on Ebay and snagged one for 1/2 the price.. :eek:

This one from Parazul is so nice. A friend I met on the Golden last may had it and I didnt have her info, so when we went on Sapphire I saw it!! I was so happy until I lost that sheet.. But.. Thanks to you, I got it.. It is truly to expensive, but I just adore this holder!

Archived