Happy australia day

Happy Australia Day. :) As an American, I had no idea of what it means, so I found a really good web site with the history. I definitely will be looking for some more historical info before we come down your way - always makes a visit more interesting.

Thank you Sparky. :) I love history as well and always have to research any place I visit.

Happy Australia Day everyone. We do live in the best country in the world and it really becomes obvious when you return home, after spending a lot of time away.

This time last year DH and I were on Pacific Princess, heading back to Oz, after an extended time away. On board, we had the pleasure of cruising with Aussie singers and dancers - the best in the Princess fleet IMHO. On Australia Day, we had a special party where we sang, shed tears, had group hugs and the Executive Chef baked pies, sausage rolls and Lamingtons for us. It was unbelievable - the lengths they went to for us. We invited some of our American and Canadian friends who couldn't believe the atmosphere. They had so much fun we made them into Honorary Aussies! They loved it. Only two brave souls tried the Vegemite and suffice to say, it wasn't too popular!! We didn't mind - it meant more left for us.

Our chanting of "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie" was heard all over the ship - oops!!

Nicki

Archived