How are the production shows on eurodam

elou

On our January 7 Eurodam cruise, the production shows were typically loud, hard-driving and shrill. What's more, they did shows four nights out of 7. The only other entertainment in the show room was a magician.

There have been several posts here in the past few days about the unhappiness of passengers about that line-up.

The usualy better variety of acts throughout the week was missing on this cruise.

IMO

I thought the production shows were excellent. I did not care for the one the last night with the orchestra, Adadgio Strings, and others taking up most of the stage. Other nights they received standing ovations for their great performances. There were typically mixes of old and very recent songs. They did not do many Broadway tunes.

We have cruised a lot on Celebrity and there was a definite pecking order where some of the performers were great and others good but not ready to take a lead role. On our HAL cruises all performers were wonderful and could easily step up to a leading position.

I like the production shows each night as opposed to the violinists, cello players, etc. It seems those shows are not as well attended so others seem to feel the same way.

Like food, entertainment can be very subjective and you might hate what I enjoy or vice versa.

They are mediocre in our opinion. We were on a Dec. 2011 cruise. THe singers and dancers are alright. 2 male and 2 female singers all of whom are just okay.

The dance numbers are a little cheesy and very predictable and the music was a pretty good decent variety of 30-90 tunes.The adagio strings were good and we actually enjoyed the musician and the juggler. we felt the show entertainment was very similar to what you would see in an inexpensive dinner theater.

There was some talk a while back that HAL was replacing the loud, intense, hard driving production shows with smaller, more talented and professional acts. Some of us were encouraged to hear this, but it was not evident on our Eurodam cruise.

We did find the music in the other venues quite good. There was lots of activity and late night dancing around the ship, but that may have been because there was a large group of Phillies Fans on board and they were generally younger than the usual HAL cruise demographic.

...but we still had a fabulous - super cruise on Eurodam. Here's the link to the review:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=95978

There are lots of other things to do besides the shows. The guitar player is good, the Neptunes are better than good, and I heard the piano man is really good (but he doesn't come on until late).

So if you like the shows, great! If not, find something else.

Do you remember the name of the piano man on your Eurodam sailing? I'm just curious if the guy from last February was still there -- His name is Michael.

We were on a few weeks ago and the guy's name was Roger Carr.

He did Name that Tune a couple times and the place was standing room only. He did a good job.

Archived