Clothes for Teenage boys

parentsto3boyz

My teen prefers t-shirts and athletic shorts for summer and jeans the rest of the year, so I am having to purchase casual night stuff him. I am trying to get stuff he will wear again. I know he will never wear khakis or dress shorts ever again, so I am purchasing cargo shorts, plaid shorts, polo shirts, and plaid button up shirts from ebay and target and jcpenny clearance sales.

The clothing police will say otherwise but my teens got by with jean and a polo shirt on non-formal nights.

Throw a tie from dad with khakis and a classic button down shirt will work for formal night. My kids warmed up by their 3rd cruise after seeing more and more kids dressed up and started to appriate atmosphere. They would be still be out of the tie/suit right after dinner...

I need some clothing ideas for my preteen and teenage boys to wear on non-formal nights. Are khakis and a polo enough? They are not "dress up" kind of kids.

shorts for the dining room okay for breakfast and lunch but don't recall ever seeing for dinner, YMMV.

My teen prefers t-shirts and athletic shorts for summer and jeans the rest of the year, so I am having to purchase casual night stuff him. I am trying to get stuff he will wear again. I know he will never wear khakis or dress shorts ever again, so I am purchasing cargo shorts, plaid shorts, polo shirts, and plaid button up shirts from ebay and target and jcpenny clearance sales.

shorts for the dining room okay for breakfast and lunch but don't recall ever seeing for dinner, YMMV.

I think Carnival is more casual than some of the others. Here is their dress for men on casual night.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts;

Your teenaged sons will look great in khakis or nice jeans and polo shirts in the MDR on your upcoming cruises. Nice tennis shoes are perfectly fine, also. On non-elegant nights, nice shorts are good to wear to dinner. This is coming from an overpacking, clothes/shoes/makeup obsessed, mother of a 23 year old son and 21 year old daughter, everything has to be perfect, psychotic about fashion cruiser. Please don't pay too much attention to people that say they need a tie, a suit, dress shoes, dress shirts, etc. Yes, it's great if that's what they want to wear, but just know that your sons will look terrific in their khakis, jeans, shorts, polo shirts, nice tshirts. They will be more comfortable and this will make them have a better time, resulting in better memories for all.

We are going on Equinox to the Eastern Med in June with DD15 and DS18. How out of place would my son feel in a tux for the two formal nights? We bought him one last year for his junior prom and I figure it's just as easy to pack that than a suit (which he doesn't own). Husband will reluctantly wear one to keep me and DD happy (we want to dress up). But I don't want my son to feel out of place with the other teens on the cruise....but he does like to dress up.

We are going on Equinox to the Eastern Med in June with DD15 and DS18. How out of place would my son feel in a tux for the two formal nights? We bought him one last year for his junior prom and I figure it's just as easy to pack that than a suit (which he doesn't own). Husband will reluctantly wear one to keep me and DD happy (we want to dress up). But I don't want my son to feel out of place with the other teens on the cruise....but he does like to dress up.

No, he will not feel out of place - many men (and young men) wear tuxes. It's the perfect occasion to rewear the tux!

No, he will not feel out of place - many men (and young men) wear tuxes. It's the perfect occasion to rewear the tux!

He can always change out of it as soon as dinner is over.

My DS (16) and his friend (17) both wore dress pants and a polo shirt for formal night. Every other night it was either a polo shirt or a t-shirt and Dickie brand shorts. With all outfits they wore skater shoes (what we adults call sneakers). They never wore a tie, ever.

NCL and Carnival are very casual cruise lines so the kids never felt out of place.

Archived