Spa Prices on Queen Victoria

DAN 60

Can any one tell me how much the Spa prices are on the Queen Vic, just using the aqua pool and not any treatments.

Thank's

To save you the effort, I went to Cunard's site and searched their FAQ section, (yes they have one) and lo and behold I found this:-

Queen Mary 2's Canyon Ranch SPA CLUB PASSPORT

Includes use of Aqua Therapy Centre including whirlpool, aqua therapy pool with chaise longue, neck and back jet massage, cascading waterfall shower, reflexology basins, sensory showers, Finnish sauna, aromatic steam room, herbal sauna and ice fountain. Bathing suit required.

1 day $40

3 days $75

5 days $95

A SpaClub Passport is complimentary on the day of any Health & Wellness, Massage, Body or Skin Care treatment.

Spa Hours of Operation:

Fitness Centre Hours: 06:00 - 20:00

Treatment Centre Hours: 08:00 - 20:00

Aqua Therapy Centre Hours: 08:00 - 20:00

Embarkation day: 14:00 - 20:00

Queen Victoria's & Queen Elizabeth's Cunard Royal SPA PASSPORT

The following charges apply to the Royal Bathhouse (hydro-pool and thermal suite).

1 day for $35

1 day pass and self scrub for $40

3 days for $90

5 days for $125

10 days for $200

20 days for $300

Spa Hours of Operation:

8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Sea Days

8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Port Days

The passes are valid for any day and can be used as many times as desired on that day, i.e before breakfast, after lunch and before the evening entertainment as long as it is the same calendar day.

Clever innit!

On the Queen Victoria TA in November when I went to purchase a 10 day pass I was informed that only full voyage passes would be sold: 16 days at $250 for one person or $350 for two cabinmates. When pressed as to why they would not offer me what was listed in the brochure, the response vaguely hinted that on longer voyages selling partial passes would put the bathhouse over capacity. Fortunately I then recalled how a very helpful gentleman had relayed his use of the art of negotiation under this cirucumstance and quickly came to a mutually agreeable price for ten visits on the dates of my choosing.

(Take no notice of the issue of capacity; whenever I visited the bathhouse there was seemingly more gentlemen using the complementary sauna inside the changing room than there were in the whole of the bathhouse)

On the Queen Victoria TA in November when I went to purchase a 10 day pass I was informed that only full voyage passes would be sold: 16 days at $250 for one person or $350 for two cabinmates. When pressed as to why they would not offer me what was listed in the brochure, the response vaguely hinted that on longer voyages selling partial passes would put the bathhouse over capacity. Fortunately I then recalled how a very helpful gentleman had relayed his use of the art of negotiation under this cirucumstance and quickly came to a mutually agreeable price for ten visits on the dates of my choosing.

I'm planning to have a go at this as well. My negotiation skills may not be as smooth but you never get anything if you don't ask.

So the Spa was trying to scam you Fishywood, personally I think this is disgraceful behaviour on the part of the spa.

Not that I am suprised, I was on a another cruise line late in the yer, saw an item in a store, but it was too many $$$ for me at that time, however I was going to be on board 6 weeks later for a small section of the ships World cruise and would have lots of nice OBC so thought to use that to buy the item.

So 6 weeks later went to store first day it was open. Item was now OVER TWICE the price. spoke to staff re price it had been, to be told.

"Yes it was that then, and will be that when the World Cruise is over, but for the World Cruise everything is marked up 200%".

Naturally I did not purchase the item.

At present am considering cancelling QM2 as although the Feb 3 day sale shows that cruise with reduction in price and larger OBC, in fact as far as my information goes, the cruise is sold out and the so called sale is simply a "come on"

Oh there are cruises on sale- just not necessarily all those listed by Cunard

Fortunately I then recalled how a very helpful gentleman had relayed his use of the art of negotiation under this cirucumstance and quickly came to a mutually agreeable price for ten visits on the dates of my choosing.:D g.php

The Beauty Salon is also owned by "outside company" , again a case of "buyer beware"

I read on the review page that to have your hair coloured costs $90 (not a small amount) but worse was to follow in order in order to have your hair DRIED after the dye is rinsed you have to pay ANOTHER $30!!!! Who wants to leave the salon with dripping wet hair.

This charge is unacceptable, no salon on shore would ever expect to get away with this "blackmail"

To save you the effort, I went to Cunard's site and searched their FAQ section, (yes they have one) and lo and behold I found this:-

Queen Mary 2's Canyon Ranch SPA CLUB PASSPORT

Includes use of Aqua Therapy Centre including whirlpool, aqua therapy pool with chaise longue, neck and back jet massage, cascading waterfall shower, reflexology basins, sensory showers, Finnish sauna, aromatic steam room, herbal sauna and ice fountain. Bathing suit required.

1 day $40

3 days $75

5 days $95

A SpaClub Passport is complimentary on the day of any Health & Wellness, Massage, Body or Skin Care treatment.

Spa Hours of Operation:

Fitness Centre Hours: 06:00 - 20:00

Treatment Centre Hours: 08:00 - 20:00

Aqua Therapy Centre Hours: 08:00 - 20:00

Embarkation day: 14:00 - 20:00

Queen Victoria's & Queen Elizabeth's Cunard Royal SPA PASSPORT

The following charges apply to the Royal Bathhouse (hydro-pool and thermal suite).

1 day for $35

1 day pass and self scrub for $40

3 days for $90

5 days for $125

10 days for $200

20 days for $300

Spa Hours of Operation:

8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Sea Days

8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Port Days

The passes are valid for any day and can be used as many times as desired on that day, i.e before breakfast, after lunch and before the evening entertainment as long as it is the same calendar day.

Clever innit!

We have just returned from a cruise on QV. Unlike QM2 - day passes are not available at the being of the trip - even though the spa was quite empty our table mates reported. Later in the cruise special 2-3 day passes were available. I prefer the Canyon Ranch spa on QM2 - just my opinion.

Archived