Occupy Lounge Chairs - don't let the 1% pig 99% of the chairs!

xfer

Someone once suggested this: if the hog returns and says "I was sitting there" you make a big display out of lifting your butt to look under it, roll over with your head craned around... and say "uh, I don't think you were"

Myself, I will laspse into fluent french and pretend I have no idea what they are talking about. If they get security, I'll switch to fluent english and explain that the chair was vacant when I sat down an hour ago and this person is harrassing me.

You are proactively seeking a solution to a problem that has or might not even happen.

Sure it's cool to sound tough on this website.

Just wait till you piss off the wrong person by removing their stuff.

They will throw your butt off that chair right on the floor..

I hope you are right about this not being a problem, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of folks commenting that chair hogs are no problem for them.

As for the wrong person, as I pick myself off my butt and my husband embarrassingly drags me away, I will raise my fist in the air and shout "we are the 99%! We are OLC! :D

Carnival is the only line I have cruised with, are there similar problems on other lines as well???

I had the same problem on Royal Caribbean, but there were four of us on that one. We ended up just throwing our stuff on the ground while we were in the pool.

You are proactively seeking a solution to a problem that has or might not even happen.

They might but if they touch me then I will insist that Carnival follow their zero tolerance rule and ban them from ever cruising Carnival again. I will not fight back for that reason only but that person better expect charges filed against them.

Not the remotest chance. They perfectly well know they would be in the brig, and they and their family expelled at the next port.

Bully tactics may work in grade school, but they don't work on educated adults in a civilized society. Even immature self-centered chair hogs can be held accountable. Besides being put in the brig, they would be taken for every cent they have.

Myself, I will laspse into fluent french and pretend I have no idea what they are talking about. If they get security, I'll switch to fluent english and explain that the chair was vacant when I sat down an hour ago and this person is harrassing me.

I love this! I wish I was fluent in another language.

Thankfully I don't have this problem. I don't like to lay out in the sun and I prefer sitting in the balcony of the theater. I never have a problem getting a front row there. The only issue I've had is for the comedy shows. I like the midnight ones and I'm often close to the front of the line but the room is usually already full and hard to find a seat. But people aren't reserving them, they're just staying from previous shows.

remove the objects and move the chair to a different location. We merely leave the objects on the deck where the chair used to be. Hours later, when they return, their things are just where they left them - the chair is just gone.

genius! Lol

and that person will be found being put off the ship at the next port of call.

everybody wave bye bye

bye bye....

Sorry title got screwed up!

Would it be realistic in your opinion to ask an attendant to bring you 2 chairs from wherever, even another deck if necessary for $5 ????? I'd pay it just to NOT play musical chair drama!

the part you're missing is there is never a chair problem. there are stcks of them even at the busiest of times.

it's the space they occupy.

so a fiver will do nothing.

Sorry title got screwed up!

Would it be realistic in your opinion to ask an attendant to bring you 2 chairs from wherever, even another deck if necessary for $5 ????? I'd pay it just to NOT play musical chair drama!

what attendant??

and if on a sea day where will you find such chairs-- there are all out and occupied with a towel

Remove the objects and move the chair to a different location. We merely leave the objects on the deck where the chair used to be. Hours later, when they return, their things are just where they left them - the chair is just gone.

LOVE IT!!

This is my new strategy!!

Thanks!!

I think they should use the Punchliner method - clear the Lido deck every hour.

I think this is a great idea! Every 30 minutes would even be good. The chair hogs would stop since they really wouldn't have a leg to stand on. If they are so ate up about saving a chair, then they will have to return to it at every 1/2 hour mark.

I like this the more I think about it.

Bully tactics may work in grade school, but they don't work on educated adults in a civilized society. Even immature self-centered chair hogs can be held accountable. Besides being put in the brig, they would be taken for every cent they have.

Absolutly nothing would happen beside the person on the floor would lose a little pride. And the chairs...

The ships security will do nothing. They pretty much avoid anything confrontational.

As civilized as you think you are, nobody will go to jail or get sued. The cruiseline does not really care..

Alright cruise critic citizens. United we can take back our chairs! :D

Except for Embarkation day, I have never managed to get two chairs together near the pool for my DH and I to share. I search in vain and give up in defeat. (I'm also a non-confrontational wussy). Why should I be chair-less while there are so many empty, hogged chairs? :mad: So I have been trying to think of a solution to this. Many folks put towels on their chairs to reserve them. It is also my understanding that if you fail to return your towel at the end of the cruise, you will get charged.

So what if I were to remove every completely unattended towel that I can get away with removing, at say, 8:30am? And hide them. (Not steal them from the ship, just the hogs. Yes I know taking the towels is stealing but can you think of a more fitting punishment for chair hogs?)

What if a 100 chair hogs came back and found their towels missing? :eek:I would speculate that many would then be sneaky and take towels that were left by other chair hogs. Once they take those towels, those chairs would then be left un-hogged. So throughout the day, there could be a cascading effect.

Of course, there would be innocent folks that might get their towels taken, which would be sad. Hopefully they will complain and motivate Carnival to be proactive on this chair hog issue.

It would be very satisfying to personally take hundreds of towels, but that would land me in the brig. However, if I grab only a couple towels, it's the chair hogs word against mine if I get caught.;) So what if every one in a roll call could de-hog 4 chairs, think we could have an impact?

Carnival's lack of oversight and enforcement has created this mess, and I say it's time for #OLC to sit down and take back the chairs!

Cute, cute, Jennifer!! Go ahead, and I'll have your back!!:D:p

Oh I love a good rally!

We scope out the chairs we want.. if there is a towel and no one around, we wait EXACTLY 30 minutes. If no one comes back, the towels and any other stuff gets moved and we get the chairs.

When the offending party gets "offended". I just "play dumb" and say "Sorry, there was nothing on these chairs when we got here!"

They are LUCKY if they don't get there towels stolen!

I've read on CC of pigs hogging lounge chairs both in the sun and in the shade. PAX have observed them getting up from one chair to confront someone trying to use the unpccupied chair. Its a shame that the cruiselines allow it to occur. Just think of the enforcement they'd get if those waiters got a bounty for collecting towels left unattended too long.

hmm, that's it!!!!!!! YOU ARE BRILLIANT!!!

carnival pay problem solved along with the chair hogs issue solved.

the employee get's to remove the towels, then the passenger has to pay a $1 to recover their towel...or pay for a new one when steward does inventory and theirs is missing. :D

Absolutly nothing would happen beside the person on the floor would lose a little pride. And the chairs...

The ships security will do nothing. They pretty much avoid anything confrontational.

As civilized as you think you are, nobody will go to jail or get sued. The cruiseline does not really care..

Don't write a check that your ass can't cash.. So please by all means, keep thinking that you can actually get away with assaulting another person without any repercussions. *eye roll*

Remove the objects and move the chair to a different location. We merely leave the objects on the deck where the chair used to be. Hours later, when they return, their things are just where they left them - the chair is just gone.

Best idea ever!! Leave the towel/things and move the chair!!!:p

Archived