Occupy Lounge Chairs - don't let the 1% pig 99% of the chairs!

xfer

Each chair needs a timer that starts when there is no pressure on the seat. That way anyone can look at an empty chair and see how long it has been empty. If more than 30 minutes feel free to move the stuff off of it. That would solve the problem!

I'm picturing chair hogs setting a timer and every 25 minutes running back to sit in their chairs. Like watching folks move their cars every two hours. "Alright Tim, it's your turn. We've got eight chairs to reset, go sit in all of them, one at a time." Would be entertaining for the rest of us to watch. :D

Nice! That way, they can't confront anyone, cause they don't know who took it. I think I will have to try this next time.

Just move the stuff and tell them the chair was empty when you got there. Unless they see you move it, how are they to know who did it. I just ask a few people around there if anyone's been sitting there and if not, my turn!

A few years ago on NCL, I did this and an older gentleman said he'd been there all morning and no one had been in that chair. I went to take a quick dip in the pool and as I came back toward my chair the hog showed up. I had already been there for like an hour. The man quickly piped up and said" hey, that's my friend's chair!". The people tried to argue and he said "no, that's her chair. We've been here for quite awhile and she'll be right back."

if we all just band together against them, the hogs will lose this stupid little game.

Personally I support Chair Hogs. I havent had to buy Bath towls in over 5 years since I started cruising. Fortunately my bathrooms are done in blue so CCL Towels work great.

In fact I was told recently that some of the towels were starting to wear a little thin. Guess I need to start think about booking another cruise & stock up from all the womderful & generous chair hogs.

Chair hogs are NOT just on cruise ships....go to a Resort Hotel pool....it's impossible to find a lounger unless you get there exactly when the pool opens! Crazy!

I have no problem with folks who are using the chairs...and that includes while they're in the pool, or bathroom....you're still USING your space. It's the ones who claim their spot hours before they are ready to use it that are chair hogs!

My first cruise is in April (can't wait!) so not sure about this. Are there staff or attendants in the pool area? Has anyone tried slipping them a $20 to find 2 chairs. I know we shouldn't have to pay obviously but just wondering if anyone's done this from a convenience perspective. Especially later in the morning when it's probably crowded. I don't like confrontation & figure if someone said anything I'd blame it on the attendant. Lol. I'm also only looking at one sea day so $20 wouldn't break me.

Personally I support Chair Hogs. I havent had to buy Bath towls in over 5 years since I started cruising. Fortunately my bathrooms are done in blue so CCL Towels work great.

In fact I was told recently that some of the towels were starting to wear a little thin. Guess I need to start think about booking another cruise & stock up from all the womderful & generous chair hogs.

If only a couple helpful chair hogs would abandon some clean ones right before I disembark to go to the beach. I don't have to worry about bringing them back all wet and sandy. :p

And here's another Not Allowed...there shall be no Keeping Of Seats for those not present, in the show-lounge up forward!

Last show I was at, this policy was clearly stated by the CD....a bit too late for me

bcoz I had just OKed to a young woman's "I'm keeping these for someone".

That won't be happening to me again! I'm gonna plunk it down right next to her, protests and all.

Let her go call the staff. We'll straighten it out.

Amen, that is going to be my new plan from now on.

Alright cruise critic citizens. United we can take back our chairs! :D

Except for Embarkation day, I have never managed to get two chairs together near the pool for my DH and I to share. I search in vain and give up in defeat. (I'm also a non-confrontational wussy). Why should I be chair-less while there are so many empty, hogged chairs? :mad: So I have been trying to think of a solution to this. Many folks put towels on their chairs to reserve them. It is also my understanding that if you fail to return your towel at the end of the cruise, you will get charged.

So what if I were to remove every completely unattended towel that I can get away with removing, at say, 8:30am? And hide them. (Not steal them from the ship, just the hogs. Yes I know taking the towels is stealing but can you think of a more fitting punishment for chair hogs?)

What if a 100 chair hogs came back and found their towels missing? :eek:I would speculate that many would then be sneaky and take towels that were left by other chair hogs. Once they take those towels, those chairs would then be left un-hogged. So throughout the day, there could be a cascading effect.

Of course, there would be innocent folks that might get their towels taken, which would be sad. Hopefully they will complain and motivate Carnival to be proactive on this chair hog issue.:cool:

It would be very satisfying to personally take hundreds of towels, but that would land me in the brig. However, if I grab only a couple towels, it's the chair hogs word against mine if I get caught.;) So what if every one in a roll call could de-hog 4 chairs, think we could have an impact?

Carnival's lack of oversight and enforcement has created this mess, and I say it's time for #OLC to sit down and take back the chairs!

I like it and wish I'd thought of this first.....

Each chair needs a timer that starts when there is no pressure on the seat. That way anyone can look at an empty chair and see how long it has been empty. If more than 30 minutes feel free to move the stuff off of it. That would solve the problem!

I'm afraid that some cruise line may get the idea of parking meters for their lounge chairs - don't give them any ideas for another form of revenue. :eek:

I did this once.....waited an hour and removed the 3 towels for chairs that were vacant over an hour....

Mom and two little ones came back. She explained since we took thier seats they were not staying at the pool.....I watched as 2 crying kids left the pool area with one pissed of mom.

Everyone around was giving me the evil eye,I felt awful :( Even my friends were giving me the look! They still talk about how I made those kids cry on the cruise ship.

humans naturally take priority over all inanimate objects.

see a towel; move a towel

see a banana; move a banana

see a thong; move a thong

see sunglasses; move sunglasses

see spf 15 to 50; move spf 15 to 50 (anything less, throw it away)

Gross, I do not want to touch someone's thong! They can have the chair.

I did this once.....waited an hour and removed the 3 towels for chairs that were vacant over an hour....

Mom and two little ones came back. She explained since we took thier seats they were not staying at the pool.....I watched as 2 crying kids left the pool area with one pissed of mom.

Everyone around was giving me the evil eye,I felt awful :( Even my friends were giving me the look! They still talk about how I made those kids cry on the cruise ship.

I would have just said "bye bye"

I've read on CC of pigs hogging lounge chairs both in the sun and in the shade. PAX have observed them getting up from one chair to confront someone trying to use the unpccupied chair. Its a shame that the cruiselines allow it to occur. Just think of the enforcement they'd get if those waiters got a bounty for collecting towels left unattended too long.

That's it!!!! Give the waiter 25% of the fee charged for the towel. Huge incentive right there.

good idea !! I was thinking the same sorta thing but with a cooking timer, I like your idea better ! :)

You are proactively seeking a solution to a problem that has or might not even happen.

Sure it's cool to sound tough on this website.

Just wait till you piss off the wrong person by removing their stuff.

They will throw your butt off that chair right on the floor..

Remove the objects and move the chair to a different location. We merely leave the objects on the deck where the chair used to be. Hours later, when they return, their things are just where they left them - the chair is just gone.

Love this suggestion! Good one, Rita :) I think we'll try that on the Liberty!

Archived