Family & Friends Certificate Question

cruisecrazy82

Ok can someone clarify this for me please:o I re-booked a cruise while on board my last and got the 2 family & friends certificates. Here's the question though, I am going to be changing my sailing date so what happens to the certificates will they transfer over to my new booking or will they only be good on the original sail date? TIA!!!

from my understanding of the way it works--

you book a cruise onboard and are able to buy family and friends FCC for that particular cruise.

Imagine if you book a week-- and buy those certificates for your friends-- the amount of people that would be doing that to get extra onboard credit.?

If iit works-- then your certificate will follow you but would happen with the friends one?

I suggest you wait 24 hours and give the people a chance to respond.

from my understanding of the way it works--

you book a cruise onboard and are able to buy family and friends FCC for that particular cruise.

Imagine if you book a week-- and buy those certificates for your friends-- the amount of people that would be doing that to get extra onboard credit.?

If iit works-- then your certificate will follow you but would happen with the friends one?

I suggest you wait 24 hours and give the people a chance to respond.

You don't buy the family and friends certificates:confused: When you re book a cruise while on-board, 2 certificates with your sailing date and booking number on them are given to you, for you to be able to share with family or friends giving them the same OBC as long as they book the same sailing date as you, so I'm not fully sure I understand your answer.....

You don't buy the family and friends certificates:confused: When you re book a cruise while on-board, 2 certificates with your sailing date and booking number on them are given to you, for you to be able to share with family or friends giving them the same OBC as long as they book the same sailing date as you, so I'm not fully sure I understand your answer.....

i thought you were talking about buying the future cruise certificates - which cost 100. oo and will give you 100 off on each cabin and a 100 cabin credit.

You get this for free when you book onboard?

I'm sorry I don't know the answer but have a question for you, if you don't mind.

By saying you rebooked, does that mean you changed the type of booking, like going from fun saver to ES or something like that?

I ask this because I have a room booked as a past guest and while on the Magic in a week or so, I want to change my September sailing to ES and also get the 2 certs for family who will be going with me. I didn't know if I had to cancel my Sept cruise before leaving in order to do this or if Carnival would consider my rate change to be a cancel and rebook. Hope you know what I am saying.

TIA

I'm sorry I don't know the answer but have a question for you, if you don't mind.

By saying you rebooked, does that mean you changed the type of booking, like going from fun saver to ES or something like that?

I ask this because I have a room booked as a past guest and while on the Magic in a week or so, I want to change my September sailing to ES and also get the 2 certs for family who will be going with me. I didn't know if I had to cancel my Sept cruise before leaving in order to do this or if Carnival would consider my rate change to be a cancel and rebook. Hope you know what I am saying.

TIA

No let me clarify :D I booked a new cruise while still on board my last cruise. I know on other cruise lines you are able to reshop a cruise while on board and then just cancel your other one when you get home and have everything squared a way with your new booking. Hope that makes sense lol:rolleyes:

I had my FCC applied to my Sept 2012 cruise. I see the $100 deposit applied. How do I see if the $100 on board credit is applied correctly?

Click View Cruise Documents

Select Print General Information and click Submit

Page 2 should be your Invoice.

There should be a box just below the Cruise Itemized Charges and the first line should list your Onboard Credit.

No let me clarify :D I booked a new cruise while still on board my last cruise. I know on other cruise lines you are able to reshop a cruise while on board and then just cancel your other one when you get home and have everything squared a way with your new booking. Hope that makes sense lol:rolleyes:

I hope its not booked ES, or you do realize you will be paying a $50 pp penalty. I know the Loyalty desk on Conquest told me .. oh we book everyone ES.

I dont know the answer.

This is what Carnival says, including the little they say about the friends and family.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/09/02/what-is-the-loyalty-and-cruise-vacation-program.aspx

I think this is a question for Carnival and I dont know if they have a set policy or not. Are the friends and family still good?? I dont know. They might be null and void too.

wow- so if you book a sailing while on the ship you do not have to pay for the FCC?

and you still get the 100. onboard credit.

I would read the above and maybe that will better explain it.

Yes, you pay the $100, and if you book onboard as the link says you get two free friends and family certs handed to you so they can book two additional cabins.

The friends and family are free, and so they do not get the $100 taken off the price of their cruise, just the identical OBC.

Archived