Iron and Ironing Boards on Solstice?

tinky41

OK this may seem like a silly question but we are travelling from the UK and are staying in a concierge class cabin so we don't have a butler. Our clothes will be creased and need ironing. What do we do if we don't want to pay a large fee?

No self-serve irons or ironing boards on the ships....Below are the prices as listed on Celebrity's website. If you need just a quick pressing talk with your Stateroom Attendant, and he/she might be able to arrange for quicker service.

A lot of comments on these boards as to other options; Wrinkle Release Fabric Sprays; hanging clothes in bathroom while taking hot showers etc....But remember, hundreds of other folks travelled long distance just like you, so nobody is going to take notice of or make comments on a few wrinkles in your clothing !! Relax and enjoy !!

"Are onboard laundry services available?

Subject: Ship & Stateroom Details

Regular Service - Next Day

Picked up before 9:00 a.m., returned Next Day

Same Day Service - Add 50% Express Service Surcharge

Picked up before 9:00 a.m., returned Same Day

Laundry Services

Item Price

Jacket $5.00

Pants $4.00

Long Sleeved Shirt $4.00

Short Sleeved Shirt $3.00

Sweater $4.00

Shorts $3.00

Dress $7.00

Skirt $4.00

Pajamas $3.50

Handkerchief $1.00

T-shirt $2.50

Undergarments $1.50

Swimsuit $2.00

Socks, pair $1.00

Dry-Cleaning Services

Item Price

Suit $7.00 $10.00

Jacket $6.00

Pants $5.00

Long Sleeved Shirt $5.00

Short Sleeved Shirt $4.00

Sweater $5.00

Shorts $4.00

Dress $9.00

Skirt $5.00

Necktie/Tie $2.00

Pressing Services

Item Price

Suit $5.95

Jacket $4.95

Pants $3.95

Long Sleeved Shirt $3.95

Short Sleeved Shirt $2.95

Sweater $3.95

Shorts $2.95

Dress $5.95

Skirt $3.95

Special articles of apparel such as silks, flannel trousers, woolens and other items which are difficult to clean are accepted for laundering only at owner's risk

Items marked "DRY CLEAN ONLY," should NOT be laundered

In case of loss or damage, liability is limited to ten times the prices charges for laundry/pressing of said article. Not responsible for shrinkage, fastness of colors, zippers, buttons and ornaments, or ordinary wear and tear in pressing, or anything left in pockets of garments

All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without further notice."

What we did last year was on millennium and we had a stay in a hotel previous night. We ironed our clothes in the hotel. This way there were only a few hours in the cases before we hung them up I cabin, no creases. Allison

Thank you - we too are staying in a hotel the night before so it might be an idea to iron a few items - failing that we'll look a bit creased but never mind.I guess they are trying to keep an upmarket feel by not having self serve laundry facilities but it would be handy. I'll keep in mind the price list too -thanks

No laundry rooms fleetwide on Celebrity ships, irons and steamers are forbidden items and will be confiscated if found. I usually have my clothes done on the ship as the prices are generally cheaper than what I pay at home.

What do you pay at home?

(Hey!!!! Where's your picture?)

This used to be a problem for us until I found the "Modern Butlers" method of packing. [Just put that into a search engine and you should find the video.] Now I use their packing method replaing tissue paper with Tesco Value Bin liners [much cheaper]. Cut the liners to open them out into a flat sheet. Use a whole pedal bin liner or half a swing bin liner in place of a sheet of tissue paper.

Since doing this, we have had hardly anything requiring pressing despite our clothes remaining in the cases for at least 5 days before boarding the ship. The one or two items that are a little creased, get hung in the bathroom while my husband takes a bath/shower and, voila, no more creases. The sheets between the layers of clothes allows them to move around and this prevents creasing.

[My husband takes the bath/shower to get him out of my hair whilst I finish the unpacking!]

Sue

Archived