How often do ships make it to Coco Cay in Jan.

marynpaul

How likely do ships make it to Coco Cay in the month of January. From all I understand it seems I have never heard them making it to there because of to hard to tender there. Doesnt make sense to me why RCCL would have this listed as a port to stop at in January

December is a challenging month as well. It's all dependent on the weather and the swells in the tendering area where they dock, so it's a tough call. I've been to Coco Cay in both December and January, and also have not made it in other months as well.

Quite often you will do an overnight in Nassau on the shorter cruises to make up for it. I had one of the BEST times ever when that happened a year ago. Went to Bamboo onshore right off the ship and partied until 4 in the morning!:D It's all about making lemonade out of lemons.

We were on the New Year's cruise and did not make it to CocoCay due to a major storm in the area. We stayed at Nassau for 2 days instead, but our 2nd day was also affected by the storm and it was very cool and windy.

It's hit or miss in December and January. We missed it last month, but ended up being able to go at the end of the cruise instead of the beginning. We were supposed to do Cococay, Nassau, At Sea. But we ended up doing At Sea, Nassau, Cococay.

It worked out well for us, but sometimes you just get an extended stay in Nassau, which wouldn't be appealing to us.

What happens on the longer sailings? We're scheduled for Coco Cay in Dec 2012 on the Freedom. I suspect it just becomes an extra sea day?

Also, what's the weather temp and water temp like in December? Ballpark figures are fine; I've never been to the Caribbean in December. I've done a bit of Googling but it would be nice to have some firsthand info.

We went on the Monarch this month and made it to Coco Cay on 1-10-12. It was a relaxing day and we had fun! The temperature was in the 70's, but the water was a tad bit chilly. You had to just jump in and your body got used to it quickly after the initial cold blast!

What happens on the longer sailings? We're scheduled for Coco Cay in Dec 2012 on the Freedom. I suspect it just becomes an extra sea day?

Also, what's the weather temp and water temp like in December? Ballpark figures are fine; I've never been to the Caribbean in December. I've done a bit of Googling but it would be nice to have some firsthand info.

We missed it on January 16th due to high seas on the Freedom. It became a sea day and we did not go to it coming back. We had a great time on the ship with 4 sea days and 2 ports.

We made it on January 11th on the Majesty. It's not just Coco Cay--I read that one of the ships skipped Key West, and Grand Cayman is often missed due to weather. Coco Cay is one of my favorites, so I'd be bummed if I had to miss it, but unfortunately, you can't really predict it.

We thought it was cool. It was 78 but between the wind and with the sun in and out, about half the people were wearing sweatshirts on the beach and very few people were in the water.

We decided we needed to go farther south this December! It definitely wasn't cold, but it wasn't hot laying out weather like we look forward to.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a lot of tenders don't make it to Coco Cay. What happens to excursions if you miss? We've booked the Aquapark through the ship. Are we able to get our money back?

Also, I thought there was a slide on the beach? Don't see it in the excursion list anymore. Just wondering if it is no longer available?

Sounds like a lot of tenders don't make it to Coco Cay. What happens to excursions if you miss? We've booked the Aquapark through the ship. Are we able to get our money back?

Also, I thought there was a slide on the beach? Don't see it in the excursion list anymore. Just wondering if it is no longer available?

Of course they refund your money! One time they credited it back to our onboard account even though we pre-booked it, though.

They will refund the money to your seapass account.

The slide was removed sometime last year. There were several posts about it.

Hoping we get to Coco Cay on April 4th!

Archived