Question for Arubalisa?

Roscoe13

Hey, we are thinking of renting some mopeds from

Georges and touring the island on our own. It looks like there is a ferry to De Palm island. Can we take the mopeds and the ferry and then park them there while we tour on De Palm island?

Also, any other tips/heads up for touring via mopeds?

TIA

I would email De Palm and inquire. Or even Georges might know. Truthfully it is a pretty long ride by scooter from Oranjestad to the ferry depot.

Also, if you were going to spend even half a day at De Palm Island, it may be a waste to rent the scooters. Book the excursion through your ship and take the transporation that is included.

I would email De Palm and inquire. Or even Georges might know. Truthfully it is a pretty long ride by scooter from Oranjestad to the ferry depot.

Also, if you were going to spend even half a day at De Palm Island, it may be a waste to rent the scooters. Book the excursion through your ship and take the transporation that is included.

Thanks for the information.

From what I remember about going on the ferry to Depalm Island a few years ago, all vehicles parked at the ferry and the ferry was only for passengers. The island is very small, not really much touring there. It's more like the size of a large water park (Water Country USA size), or maybe smaller.

Hey, we are thinking of renting some mopeds from

Georges and touring the island on our own. It looks like there is a ferry to De Palm island. Can we take the mopeds and the ferry and then park them there while we tour on De Palm island?

Also, any other tips/heads up for touring via mopeds?

TIA

Yes, don't even consider this. The roads are crowded, not too good once you get out of town, it's hot and windy. It really is not a pleasant way to tour the island.

Yes, don't even consider this. The roads are crowded, not too good once you get out of town, it's hot and windy. It really is not a pleasant way to tour the island.

OK, after hearing back from Georges that all in our party would need a motorcycle endorsement, two of the four of us have them, I have changed my mind and it looks like we will be renting two Jeeps to tour the island.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

OK, after hearing back from Georges that all in our party would need a motorcycle endorsement, two of the four of us have them, I have changed my mind and it looks like we will be renting two Jeeps to tour the island.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

You are welcome. A jeep is a safer way to go and will also get you to the windward side of the island.

Archived