in cabin dining, how much?

cruiseanywhere2

Surely in-cabin dining is free in a Suite - after all your paying 2,3 times as much as a low grade cabin and have already paid for your dinner in the restaurant.?

I expect a suite -ee will be along to confirm either way, I am but a mere balcony cabin cruiser and eat in supplement or Main Dining room ;)

I believe the butler is supposed to give you the menus each day (or you can ask him for them) and you can then ask to have dinner/breakfast served in your suite - give him the order.

I don't think there is an additional charge althoughyou might want to increase your tip a little if he brings you a lot of meals.

You can order a cooked breakfast to have in your room or go to the White Room which is reserved for suite guests at breakfast - I have read it's very nice up there. :)

When's your cruise? We are on the 13th May cruise in an aft suite - our first and probably last one but very excited!

I can confirm, having had a suite on Oceana recently, that in cabin dining is free. Each day you will get a copy of the next days Lunch and Dinner menu from which you can order anything and your Butler will serve it in your cabin or on your balcony at whatever time you wish(up till 9:30 P.M. I think). He will set up a table with table cloth,napkins, cutlery etc and serve each course as required. You can order on the day but they like a little notice. He will also serve anything you wish for breakfast.

I can confirm, having had a suite on Oceana recently, that in cabin dining is free. Each day you will get a copy of the next days Lunch and Dinner menu from which you can order anything and your Butler will serve it in your cabin or on your balcony at whatever time you wish(up till 9:30 P.M. I think). He will set up a table with table cloth,napkins, cutlery etc and serve each course as required. You can order on the day but they like a little notice. He will also serve anything you wish for breakfast.

And the plebs in ordinary cabins cannot get the full English brekkie right? Don't like this Suite treatment, shades of the Titanic. Should all be One Class. Butlers? I don't believe it.

Hi Les

If we all had the sme grade cabins we would all pay the same price. It will be our first and only time we will be in a suite, next year we will be back in steerage :)

Cheers

Christine

We said the same thing when we had a suite on Oceana,a one off. Enjoyed the experience that much we now have one booked on Oriana in July! Going to the Fjords and, weather permitting, will have breakfast on balcony going up Geiranger Fjord and Dinner on Balcony coming back down in evening. Have been up Greiranger Fjord before so now how beautiful it is. Should be an experience,Dennis.

Hi Les

If we all had the sme grade cabins we would all pay the same price. It will be our first and only time we will be in a suite, next year we will be back in steerage :)

Cheers

Christine

No worries, not being critical, if you can afford it go for it..ENJOY !

As we say..SKI (Spend Kid's Inheritance) We like doing that.

It's my husband's 55th birthday while we are on board and I am 55 in September.

My parents-in-law told us a few years ago not to wait until we retire like they did because then they did not have the health to do what they wanted.

We are taking their advice and enjoying ourselves while we can. Unfortunately the cruise we would love to take around Australia and New Zealand will have to wait until we are no longer tied to annual leave in work :(

It's my husband's 55th birthday while we are on board and I am 55 in September.

My parents-in-law told us a few years ago not to wait until we retire like they did because then they did not have the health to do what they wanted.

We are taking their advice and enjoying ourselves while we can. Unfortunately the cruise we would love to take around Australia and New Zealand will have to wait until we are no longer tied to annual leave in work :(

I retired at 55 and have been cruising for the past 8 years, take my advice if you can retire at 55 do it! You never know what is around the corner. I could not afford to cruise whilst working, but now can afford to, within reason, although we fly economy and go for the cheap cabins, obstructed view or inside.

SKI - Spend Kids Inheritance ! I am going on a big SKI trip in 5 weeks on Arcadia, but no snow on our route, Sydney - Southampton via Asia/Africa.

I retired at 55 and have been cruising for the past 8 years, take my advice if you can retire at 55 do it! You never know what is around the corner. I could not afford to cruise whilst working, but now can afford to, within reason, although we fly economy and go for the cheap cabins, obstructed view or inside.

SKI - Spend Kids Inheritance ! I am going on a big SKI trip in 5 weeks on Arcadia, but no snow on our route, Sydney - Southampton via Asia/Africa.

Yay, good on ya Les, go for it! We're only here once and we, like you, managed to take early retirement, been doing SKI ever since travelling the world, sometimes cruising just like you and sometimes land touring. Its great and highly recommended. We're far from being affluent but it can be done, take care of the pennies .................... :D

Yay, good on ya Les, go for it! We're only here once and we, like you, managed to take early retirement, been doing SKI ever since travelling the world, sometimes cruising just like you and sometimes land touring. Its great and highly recommended. We're far from being affluent but it can be done, take care of the pennies .................... :D

Thanks, no doubt about you Essex Girls, you enjoy life. Yes, get the SKI gear out and book more cruises. We are here for a short time not a long time.

Above all, Enjoy ! (have you heard that before?)

Thanks, no doubt about you Essex Girls, you enjoy life. Yes, get the SKI gear out and book more cruises. We are here for a short time not a long time.

Oh yes, us Essex Girls do know how to Enjoy! We enjoy our trips to Australia too (been to NSW but can't place Batemans Bay), love it :)

Oh yes, us Essex Girls definitely know how to Enjoy :D

We have always enjoyed our trips to Australia too, great place and great folks. Travelled around NSW a bit but can't place Batemans Bay. :confused:

Ooops, not that clever, double posting but thought the first one hadn't posted, oh dear!

Archived