LaRomana Dreams

bvm5

Do you have to make reservations for the Dreams Resort. What if the weather is bad do they refund your deposit? Do the ships dock there or is there a tender. Thanks in advance.We will be there May8 on the Freedom .

We were on the Valor last week and went to the Dreams Resort. Absolutely loved it! Such a beautiful place and highly recommend.

How much for the cab ride? Is it far and how much to enter (adults and kids) the Dreams Resort? What does it include and finally how did you book for the Dream (in advance with them)?

Going in 30 days and not sure what to do :)

I contacted Dreams and it's $60pp for 10am-5pm and you need to provide your own transportation to the resort. You contact the resort 10 days prior to your ship docking and make your reservation.

How much was the taxi ride? :confused:

Just returned from a day at Dreams while on our Miracle cruise. Best port of the vacation. Dreams is great and they are very welcoming. We had stayed there for a week years earlier so we really enjoyed our return.

As the above posters have said, yes you do have to make reservations but can bail out if weather does not allow for it. That hardly ever happens in the D.R. As far as transportation, it couldn't be easier. Head up the small hill once you get off of the ship. Basically, follow the crowd. Once up at the top, you will see buses straight ahead in a parking area. Go left at this point. Several yards down you will see people at a gate of a small van parking area. Vans are $10 per person per trip. People are all around to help. These vans hold 11 people each.

Once at Dreams, check in is very quick. No need to bring a towel. From lobby, head straight towards the water. Buffet restaurant is located down left walk way immediately past check in. Straight ahead from check in is sports pool. Past that you veer slightly to the left. This is where towels can be found. Beach is beyond that. To the left you will now see inifinity/swim up bar pool. Bartender named Alexis appears crazy but will put on one heck of a show as the day progresses. Don't forget a few tips.

Bus/van will be waiting for you out front when it is time to go home. Discuss that time with driver. So easy and yet so fun. Any other questions, just fire away.

Bob

Dreams is in La Romana, not Samana. Taxis/vans are only $10 each way per person. Resort is beautiful. Ride takes about 25 minutes. The drivers are happy to narrate the tour and tell you all about their island. The vans will wait for you or will at least make sure to be there for you when you are ready to return. Discuss pickup time with them.

Not sure about prices for children. All day pass includes total use of resort minus the special area perks like private swimming pool, unlimited internet use. Free unlimited drinks and all you can eat are part of the package. Nice beach, two pools, one a swim up bar/infinity pool and the other a sports pool. You will like the reception you get. Don't forget to bring a few dollars to tip occasionally.

To get hold of the resort email Shirley at...

info.drelr@dreamsresorts.com

We were on the Valor last week and went to the Dreams Resort. Absolutely loved it! Such a beautiful place and highly recommend.

We would be there with a 12 and 14 year old, are there many kids around? Are there any water toys that kids, or big dad kids can enjoy?

While there are kids there, many of them are in the resort " day care " if you will. There will probably be others by the beach. In one sports pool as you come in, there is a large inflatable rock to climb in the pool. Out on the beach there is a trampoline out about 10-20 feet. Very shallow water. Ask for a daily list of what's going on. Our son had a lot of fun there when we stayed a week years ago. He even won a few contests.

While there are kids there' date=' many of them are in the resort " day care " if you will. There will probably be others by the beach. In one sports pool as you come in, there is a large inflatable rock to climb in the pool. Out on the beach there is a trampoline out about 10-20 feet. Very shallow water. Ask for a daily list of what's going on. Our son had a lot of fun there when we stayed a week years ago. He even won a few contests.[/quote']

Thanks, this is exactly the type of information I was looking for.

Dreams is in La Romana' date=' not Samana. Taxis/vans are only $10 each way per person. Resort is beautiful. Ride takes about 25 minutes. The drivers are happy to narrate the tour and tell you all about their island. The vans will wait for you or will at least make sure to be there for you when you are ready to return. Discuss pickup time with them.

Not sure about prices for children. All day pass includes total use of resort minus the special area perks like private swimming pool, unlimited internet use. Free unlimited drinks and all you can eat are part of the package. Nice beach, two pools, one a swim up bar/infinity pool and the other a sports pool. You will like the reception you get. Don't forget to bring a few dollars to tip occasionally.

To get hold of the resort email Shirley at...

[email']info.drelr@dreamsresorts.com[/email]

We'll be on the Miracle in a couple of weeks and have already e-mailed Dreams Resort to get the particulars. I know it's drinks and food included, but is it a buffet-style lunch or is it just bar/grill food made to order?

Thanks!

We'll be on the Miracle in a couple of weeks and have already e-mailed Dreams Resort to get the particulars. I know it's drinks and food included, but is it a buffet-style lunch or is it just bar/grill food made to order?

Thanks!

Waiting for you to tell us:p I think my email back from there mentioned a buffet though. Let us know how you liked it and if you were able to get reasonable taxis to and from. Enjoy your cruise.

Just thought I would check back and see if there were any more questions...

Snorkeling, yes, down at the far right side by the pier you can go snorkelling. It is the rockier area by the resorts edge. People we were there with awhile ago claimed to have had some great times snorkelling out there. One day, they even claimed to see a smaller barracuda but keep in mind, they were semi professional and went out a little further than most that day.

The food is buffet. The buffet area is quite large and make sure you go from one end to the other because it is all different. Lots of options, you will not go hungry. If you have the time and want something a little more refined, try the restaurant by the pier. This is a sit down, order from a waiter restaurant and the food there is perhaps a little more upscale. The bar there also serves brand name alcohol as well. I believe you have to dress up in something more than a swimsuit to eat there. Not fancy, just shorts and a top.

As mentioned earlier, at the top of the hill when you leave the ship, go to the left and you will see a parking lot full of little white vans. I believe we paid $10 per person per direction. You get a nice 25 minute tour and narration of the area if you ask nicely and get a good taxi driver.

Just in case, bathrooms are next to the bar located to the left of the beach bar. I should mention mainly to the guys, don't be too alarmed if the female cleaners should just walk in while you are standing there doing your business. It shocks you at first but after a week of it, you get ammune. They really don't care if and what they see, they have a job to do and need to get it done. :o

We have a group of 8 going on the Freedom May 5. I have been looking for something for the group to do. All of the posts have convinced me that Dreams is a terrific idea. I have never been to an A/I resort and think this will be a good way to experience the resort idea.

You have made the right choice. Here is a map of the grounds. The area containing buildings 5,6&7 is pretty much off limits ( priority area ). Pick up towels at area #28 on map. Don't be shocked when you arrive at security and they want one person in your party to offer up their identification. It will be returned at front desk. As well, don't be put off if service is slow at first. They work on Dominican Time ( no hurry )

map-DreamsLaRomana-Bayahibe.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
You have made the right choice. Here is a map of the grounds. The area containing buildings 5' date='6&7 is pretty much off limits ( priority area ). Pick up towels at area #28 on map. Don't be shocked when you arrive at security and they want one person in your party to offer up their identification. It will be returned at front desk. As well, don't be put off if service is slow at first. They work on Dominican Time ( no hurry )

[img']http://www.resortsmaps.com/maps/map-DreamsLaRomana-Bayahibe.jpg[/img]

Thanks for the map!

Archived