Instead of the "ant room"?

SeaBlu

For those of you that have been fortunate enough to sail on the new ships, I have only been on the Solstice. I should not say "only" as I loved it and we had 2 great cruises on her. One of the things I loved was the "ant room" can you tell me what the other new ships have in place of the 'ant room'? Does anyone have any photos? Thank you all for your time!

Here is the room on the Eclipse

This one is nice..anyone have the one for Silho...

On board, there is a book that describes the art work & also little signs on the wall...they are supposed to be a transition n to the next area of the ship... least fav is the "ant" room!

For those of you that have been fortunate enough to sail on the new ships, I have only been on the Solstice. I should not say "only" as I loved it and we had 2 great cruises on her. One of the things I loved was the "ant room" can you tell me what the other new ships have in place of the 'ant room'? Does anyone have any photos? Thank you all for your time!

I also just love the "ant room". Nice touch of whimsy.

Anne

Correct me if I'm wrong ... but I believe the "ant room" also has a faint "insect" sound ?

I think you are correct - I remember hearing it (crickets maybe???)on our first Solstice cruise when we were exploring the ship when we boarded early and there wasn't anyone around. I don't remember hearing it again but then there was always something going on in the Ensemble Lounge when we walked through the "ant room".

OK...what's an ant room? We were on the Equinox in april and don't remember seeing any room that looked anything like an insect:D.

TO PACKED AND READY,

Did you read thru this whole posting??

The "Ant Room" is on the Solstice ONLY... it is an installed piece of artwork that one goes thru in "transition" from the main area of the ship to the Specialty Restaurants area.

Actually as the Solstice was the first of the S-Class Ships, the correct name of the room is the Ante Room (meaning in transition)... but due to the Artwork, it's nickname is the "Ant Room"

On the Equinox in it's place / location would have been the Pinwheel / Oragami Room that EMO posted photos of above.

The "Ant Room" is actually a nice piece of art that is predominently black (ceiling, walls, floor) with amazing flowers painted onto the walls with bright gorgeous colours (sort of an Asian / Oriental type of painting)... then the floor has these white (kind of flourescent) bugs painted onto the black... very very cool.

See if I can't find some photos for you...

From Flickr = Celebrity Solstice - Painted Room

Cheers!

TO PACKED AND READY,

Did you read thru this whole posting??

The "Ant Room" is on the Solstice ONLY... it is an installed piece of artwork that one goes thru in "transition" from the main area of the ship to the Specialty Restaurants area.

Actually as the Solstice was the first of the S-Class Ships, the correct name of the room is the Ante Room (meaning in transition)... but due to the Artwork, it's nickname is the "Ant Room"

On the Equinox in it's place / location would have been the Pinwheel / Oragami Room that EMO posted photos of above.

The "Ant Room" is actually a nice piece of art that is predominently black (ceiling, walls, floor) with amazing flowers painted onto the walls with bright gorgeous colours (sort of an Asian / Oriental type of painting)... then the floor has these white (kind of flourescent) bugs painted onto the black... very very cool.

See if I can't find some photos for you...

From Flickr = Celebrity Solstice - Painted Room

Cheers!

Yes, I did read the posts, that's why I was confused. I didn't know if it was a room/area that was specific to the Solstice or all the S-class ships. We were on Equinox in April and I thought we'd been all over the ship, but couldn't remember anything like the pictures or an "unusual" area. Sorry I came across like I just posted in without reading everything.

Yes, I did read the posts, that's why I was confused. I didn't know if it was a room/area that was specific to the Solstice or all the S-class ships. We were on Equinox in April and I thought we'd been all over the ship, but couldn't remember anything like the pictures or an "unusual" area. Sorry I came across like I just posted in without reading everything.

TO PACKED AND READY (BTW, I sooo LOVE your User Name)

Sorry, if I misread your intentions as well... now I see that you were confused because you didn't grasp that the Ante Room was a transitional area of artwork on all the S-Class Ships.

I apologize for my misreading your OP (sometimes I wish that the Internet was LIVE chat so we could hear and see each other, would make for less misunderstandings)

Cheers!

TO PACKED AND READY (BTW, I sooo LOVE your User Name)

Sorry, if I misread your intentions as well... now I see that you were confused because you didn't grasp that the Ante Room was a transitional area of artwork on all the S-Class Ships.

I apologize for my misreading your OP (sometimes I wish that the Internet was LIVE chat so we could hear and see each other, would make for less misunderstandings)

Cheers!

:):) Happen to know exactly where this is located on Equinox (for this directionally challenged gal)? Going to have to look it up. Booked on E again :D

:):) Happen to know exactly where this is located on Equinox (for this directionally challenged gal)? Going to have to look it up. Booked on E again :D

TO PACKED AND READY,

The Ante Room appears on the Equinox Deck Plans as an "empty un-named space" on Deck 5 - the Entertainment Deck, between the Elevators / Staircase area and enroute to the Ensemble Lounge on the Starboard side of the ship as you make your way to the Specialty Restaurants area.

(The equivalent space, on the opposite port side of the ship is occupied by "Celebrity Destinations" and so marked... look past the staircase)

Celebrity Equinox - Deck Plans = http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/ship.do?shipCode=EQ

As noted above, on the Equinox it will be Pinwheel / Oragami design in that spot.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you ALL so VERY much! DH and I LOVE the "Ant Room" and were very curious about the other ships. It was great fun and think it was a great idea of Celebrity to have a 'room' as a 'piece of art'. So beautiful and so unique! We loved going through the room at different places of the sound track-especially if we were alone and could really hear it without too many people talking. We will really look forward to seeing the "ART ROOMS" on the other ships.

Thank you all for your great pictures also, a room is hard to get a picture of! We will see the Eclipse on December 1, 2012, anyone else going then?

Thank you again, as always "X" cruisers are the best!

Archived