Help with Disembarkation on Jewel

dutchess43

For all of you that have recently disembarked from the Jewel in NY what time did the disembarkation start? I noticed that the ship is not docking until 8a.m.. I arranged for car service to pick us up at 10:30 I assume this is ample time to get through customs, immigration etc. We are also in a suite does that give us an earlier disembarking time? Thanks

You should have plenty of time to meet your car; provided there are no issues with immigration clearing the ship to disembark passengers (rarely delays it though). Since you are in a suite, yes, you'll get priority disembarkation. We usually go have breakfast in Cagney's and let the rush off first (we're almost always in a suite, too). And, still we're typically at the car by 10:00 a.m. No worries!

We walked off about 9 am on Dec 31st no lines and took about 5 min at customs. We did the self disembark.

Here is tip; do your check out the afternoon before you get off. No lines and you settle up anyway you want. I used cash. No waits like latter at night or issues in am this way.

It took us almost 3 hours to self disembark, because of one of those rare delays! However, we weren't in a suite, and were off by 10:45. Here's a tip I wish I knew - get a porter to take your bags through customs. It's worth the money to save some time.

Just came of the Jewel from a suite last week. We met at 8:30 they announced self-disembark and we were off the ship to meet our car at 9:15. Agree with using a porter to get through customs, we were through in 5 minutes, while those waiting on line had a very long line, we were 5 people with about 12 pieces of luggage, best $20 we spent.

Archived