Favorite place to eat breakfast on Eclipse??

cruiseaholic13

Hi everyone!! So excited for our upcoming cruise on Eclipse!! This will be our first time sailing with Celebrity...all other cruises have been with RC. Just curious what's your favorite breakfast spot on Eclipse?? Many times on RC we would just order room service and eat on our balcony. How is the room service breakfast menu? Blu? Bistro on Five? Oceanview Cafe? Other options??

Personally, our favorite spot is the buffet. There are many great options and the breakfast food there is great. The only negative is, like other buffet meals, you spend a fair amount of time getting your food and sometimes you and your group are a little out of sync if different people go to different serving stations. But we feel this negative is outweighed by the nice selection there.

Our second favorite is room service. Room service includes a standard selection of hot breakfast items in all cabin categories. If it isn't on the menu, and is a basic item, then just write it in. If you have any questions as to what you can get then call room service and/or ask your cabin steward. By basic items I mean, pastries, toast, bagels, eggs fried or scrambled, omelets with common fillings, cereals, fruit, and so on. Another great thing about room service on Celebrity is that they call you when they are on their way. It is great on an early port morning waking to that phone call that says: "Good Morning Sir! Breakfast is on its way!". If you order via the door hang tag menu the night before then breakfast has always been on time. If you order at the last minute it can take a long time, especially on busy port mornings. For that reason we tend to enjoy room service when we're waking on schedule and head to the buffet when we're sleeping in with no set time to wake up.

The dining room is a great option too if you prefer table service with waiters. But the hours are limited. On the other hand the breakfast buffet is open from very early through 11 or 11:30AM.

Also, once each cruise they'll have a giant buffet brunch in the main dining room. This replaced the extravagant midnight buffet several years ago and includes fancy food displays and carvings artistically laid out. It generally runs from around 10AM until early afternoon and includes a large assortment of breakfast and lunch items along with a huge dessert buffet.

Hi everyone!! So excited for our upcoming cruise on Eclipse!! This will be our first time sailing with Celebrity...all other cruises have been with RC. Just curious what's your favorite breakfast spot on Eclipse?? Many times on RC we would just order room service and eat on our balcony. How is the room service breakfast menu? Blu? Bistro on Five? Oceanview Cafe? Other options??

Hi Cruiseaholic13,

We sailed on the Solstice, Eclipse's twin sister... and we mixed it up over our cruise.

Balcony Breakfasts were fabulous... especially so as we had an oversized Balcony.

If you are in Concierge Class or above there is a wonderful expanded Breakfast Room Service Menu (the regular RS Menu is great, but there are some nice perks on the C-Class one)

Bistro on Five has a nice location with views... and the food is yummy (actually they are OPEN 20 Hours a Day... so a wonderful spot Morning, Noon or Night... and anytime inbetween)

Oceanview Cafe (Buffet) has a HUGE assortment of Breakfast options... be sure and check out the Waffles with Orange Butter, and the Eggs Benny (various presentations including with Smoked Salmon)... then take your eats to the back of the ship (Oceanview Bar) and enjoy the view and sunshine. This area also serves up some nice morning cocktails (Mimosas, Bloody Marys, Caesars) if you happen to be in the mood. We sat here a few mornings taking in the scenery of a port before going ashore.

There is also the MDR...

Don't miss the Brunch that happens once a cruise... great food and wonderful artistic presentations (fruit carving, ice carving, chocolate fountain)

The MDR also serves up Breakfast some mornings (sit-down, served affair) ... and there is also the AquaSpa Cafe too...

Sadly, we never did get to either of them to take in those options.

Cheers!

I do like breakfast in the room, especially on days where we have an early excursion. Room service is always extremely prompt when you schedule a time the night before. I love how they call you a few minutes before, so you aren't still in bed when they knock on the door!

Otherwise, I LOVE the Aquaspa Cafe. They have parfaits, fruit, specialty breads, etc. It's a nice quiet place to get something reasonably healthy :)

In my mind it's no contest.......Breakfast on the balcony once you hit the

warm weather is the way to go. We have never been disappointed in the

quality, quantity or choice of menu items. What's better than sitting on your balcony, overlooking the Caribbean, eating a delicious breakfast with a steaming pot of coffee? I'd like to continue but I think I've just talked (written) myself into booking another cruise.

I really enjoyed having a cappucino and some of the yummy pastries (free) at Cafe al Bacio, such as the chocolate and almond croissants. It is wonderfully quiet early in the morning. I also liked to pop up to the Solarium for a swim and soak and some fruit and rolls at the AQ cafe.

For a more substantial )or second) breakfast, the buffet is beat to near for variety and convenience - and dont forget the waffles!

We only ate breakfast in Blu once on our last cruise and really liked the food. what's not to like about a basket of pastries offered to you!! It is nice when you have time to relax as it definitely takes longer than some of the other breakfast options.

In my mind it's no contest.......Breakfast on the balcony once you hit the

warm weather is the way to go. We have never been disappointed in the

quality, quantity or choice of menu items. What's better than sitting on your balcony, overlooking the Caribbean, eating a delicious breakfast with a steaming pot of coffee? I'd like to continue but I think I've just talked (written) myself into booking another cruise.

I couldn't agree more! For us, the balcony is our refuge and is a wonderful place to start the day with a hot cup of coffee and whatever else we ordered the night before. Moments like that are the reason we love cruising.:D

I do like breakfast in the room, especially on days where we have an early excursion. Room service is always extremely prompt when you schedule a time the night before. I love how they call you a few minutes before, so you aren't still in bed when they knock on the door!

Otherwise, I LOVE the Aquaspa Cafe. They have parfaits, fruit, specialty breads, etc. It's a nice quiet place to get something reasonably healthy :)

EMO makes a good point here...

With how Breakfast Room Service works.

You can order in 3 different ways...

(A) the Breakfast Hang-Tag which you can leave on your door when you go to bed

(B) from the Interactive Tv

© or Morning of by just giving them a phone call.

The advantage to (A) and (B) is as EMO said prompt delivery... if you requested 7:30 to 8:00 AM delivery, more than likely you'll receive your order closer to 7:30 than 8:00 AM

And they do call you ahead, as they leave the kitchen area... so it kind of serves as a wake up call as well... time to throw on a robe, maybe wash your face... look outside and "breathe in" that amazing Caribbean Sea Air and View...

Gosh how I loved Room Service on the ship... lol, maybe time to book another cruise too ;)

Cheers!

Well, we like having a table for two for breakfast in the Main Dining Room.

I asked DH about this, as he is here right now. He likes not having to leave his expensive camera and video equipment in the buffet area while I watch it. I like having the sit down service. For me, it's worth 15 to 20 minutes difference from the buffet. If we are in any way compromised time wise, we'll do the buffet - which is STILL a great way to begin the day! I DO love Celebrity, despite the "criticism" I may often levy.

Sometimes I may seem like an old cranky person in my posts, but I hope that it comes through that I love all sentient beings - including humans! - LOL

We'll have room service coffee (we're pretty early risers) on our balcony and find our way to Blu around 8AM. If we can sit close to those beautiful windows, all the better. Then we'll enjoy that wonderful breakfast. DW gets a double order of fresh berries (by the second day, she doesn't even have to ask) and I bounce all over the menu. Muesli one day, a parfait on another day, crisp bacon and eggs on another...you get the idea.

And it's all served by the wonderful wait staff, so pleasant and courteous.

For us, Blu is the principal reason we choose Aqua Class.

As other noted, we sailed on the Solstice, Eclipse's twin sister . . . and we also "mixed it up" during our cruise. Much depends on how port-intensive is your cruise. On those busy port days, time is limited in the morning. Having breakfast in your room allows nice flexibility as you are dressing, getting ready, organizing, etc.

The back terrace near the Oceanview Cafe was wonderful in saving time, providing nice variety and allowing that "outdoor experience" for dining with views in the morning. This buffet area is nicely laid out, allows a good mix of sections, etc. Below are a couple of my visuals. If you have not traveled yet on a Solstice-type ship, check out my live/blog for many more details on these great ships, their food, entertainment, offerings, etc. Appreciate those who have tuned in, asked questions, etc. Don’t be shy and feel free to comment.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 60,340 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For the handy and quick Oceanview Cafe buffet, here are two visual samples, including showing the overall set-up at one station and a cute carved melon in the fruit area.:

SolsticeOceanviewBuffet1.jpg

SolsticeOceanviewCarnvedFruit.jpg

WOW! Fabulous suggestions!! Thanks all!! Sloop...I am also curious, what is a "Ceasar"? Also, don't make fun but what is a "Mimosa"? (I don't usually drink in the morning...ha!)

I believe a mimosa is mix of champagne and orange juice. Honestly - I've had them a million times over and never watched anyone make it. But, I'm pretty sure that's what it is. A tasty treat.

Bistro on 5 was always relaxing.

Relaxing, maybe, but the omelette inside a pancake was horrid!

As for room service, I ordered it once and it was delivered by my room steward. Geez, the guy had worked into the night and they expect him to also deliver my breakfast? I didn't order room service after.

We are elite, as I assume that you are from your RC cruises; hence, this is my normal early morning feeding schedule:

1. Pre-breakfast b.m., together with lox and bagel, sans cream cheese and bagel, and a plate of fruit; and,

2. Thereafter, a complete breakfast in Blu.

We are elite, as I assume that you are from your RC cruises; hence, this is my normal early morning feeding schedule:

1. Pre-breakfast b.m., together with lox and bagel, sans cream cheese and bagel, and a plate of fruit; and,

For those not acquainted with Jack the pre breakfast b.m. is a Bloody Mary, not something else that you might do around breakfast time...

For those not acquainted with Jack the pre breakfast b.m. is a Bloody Mary, not something else that you might do around breakfast time...

TO DKJRETIRED,

LOL... Hysterical...

Thanks for the clarification...

Ya that would "be our Man Jack" (an obscure reference to Coronation Street)

Cheers!

Archived