Late dinner, a 7 yr old, and kids club?

Are there kids events planned for 7 yr old that will conflict with a late dinner seating on the Explorer? We don't want MTD because we like having the same table and wait staff nightly, and the early seating was full. We want to put our 7 yr. old in the kids club at night for an hr or 2 so we can have adult time but I'm not sure if she'll miss fun events because we're eating so late. Help!

With MTD you can have the same table & waitstaff every night if you plan in advance. We've done that the last two cruises on Explorer with no problem & on Navigator before that.

I've already reserved a time each night for our upcoming cruise. On day 1, I'll stop & request a 2 top & location. (I'm also hoping a waiter from last cruise is still serving in MTD) If we're happy with the service, when we leave, I'll request the same table nightly. If the staff wasn't to our liking, I'll request different servers & a similar location until we find servers that suit. In 5 cruises, we only changed waitstaff once & that was only because we didn't realize we could stay with the same staff & table.

Late seating will interfere with the club activities....Main (early) seating is recommended if you want traditional dining and use of AO evening activities. If you feed her in the WJ and send her to AO, and then you two go to late seating...that will work.

Late seating is usually not over until nearly 10 - by which time all of the Adventure Ocean activities will be over so, yes, she will certainly miss out. All that would be left would the the late night program which will cost an hourly fee.

Will your daughter enjoy the MDR. Is a formal dinner together important to you? I ask this because one option would be to let her eat earlier and make dinner your adult time while she is in the club. My son as always loved room service on nights we are going to a specialty restaurant or a formal night that he wants to skip. You could also take her to the buffet and get a shack to hold you over and then drop her off before you goto the MDR.

Thanks for the info. We all like to spend lots of time together, including dinner. And DD is really good with sitting for a nice dinner. Looks like we'll should switch to early seating if we can when we board (we leave in 2 weeks!). MTD and trying to stay with same waitstaff seems like more work than I want to do on vacation :) Is it usually easy to switch dining times once on board?

Archived