anyone with a pic of hump balconys on equinox

smith6

love to see a pic of hump balcony anyone have one:)

Hi Smith6,

Are you looking for those actually ON "the hump" (the straight-away)... or those ON THE ANGLES leading upto "the hump"

HUGE difference...

Those on the straight-edge will have standard balconies.

Those on the Angles will be oversized...

It might be more helpful, if you have a specific Cabin Number in mind, to actually name it... more than likely someone will have photos they can post of that Cabin # on whatever S-Class Ship...

Cheers!

Not exactly what you wanted as this is on the Solstice, but it should be more or less the same.

This is the balcony for AQ1552, but I have also had AQ1605 on Solstice and AQ1610 on Equinox, and they were all the same, except that this balcony faces aft, and the others face forward.

This is the largest of the balconies on the "Angles", and is almost three times the size of a standard balcony. The balconies immediately adjacent to these balconies are about two-thirds the size of this balcony, or about twice the size of a standard balcony (which is still a very pleasant balcony). AQ and CC balconies have footstools, which turn the deck chairs into very comfortable loungers. I missed the footstools when we were in a 1A largest-size balcony. The footstools are provided according to the class of your cabin, not the size of your balcony ;).

451759896_DCzpX-L.jpg

451760061_wLvuQ-XL.jpg

451760492_qWivy-XL.jpg

451749521_vSsnB-L.jpg

Thank you Kat. We will be in 1606 on the TA in November. How did you like the cabin and is there anything specific we should know? Looking forward to your repsonse.

Michelle

We loved the cabin. The location was fantastic.

It is right below the pool deck, so we heard a little noise, but I'm a pretty light sleeper and wasn't woken up by any noise.

I don't know if it's standard, but there was no light on the balcony, so if you want to sit out at night bring a book light.

I have more pictures of the cabin itself here: http://s649.photobucket.com/albums/uu213/onelilspark/Honeymoon/?start=all

We were just on the Equinox from 13-23 Jan 2012. We were in 9292, which is the larger of the two angled hump balconies. I actually measured the balcony. It's 8' wide. The long side of the angle is 14' out to the rail. The shorter side is 11' out to the rail. Here is a pic of our balcony.....

cab7.jpg

Hi Smith6,

Sadly I didn’t measure the one I was in (Solstice # 1120)… which frustrates me because it was one of the things I was meant to do… and specifically took along a measuring tape for.

However, it looks like RICO did for Cabin # 9292 on the Equinox, and that would be similar to the one we had on the Solstice.

Infact, I have attached a pic of our Balcony, and it is amazing how similar the photo I have and RICO has are (NOTE – That I was in a Concierge Class Cabin, so we got the footstools).

As for your planning info…

I can tell you that the balconies on the ANGLES alongside “the Bump” (front of ship) and the “the Hump” (midship) are some of the largest on the ship for a “standard – Non-Suite” S-Class Cabin (so they can be found in the categories that relate to Verandas – Concierge Class – and Aqua Class).

The ONLY larger balconies on the S-Class Ships that are not Suites, are those that are the very aft of the ship, overlooking the wake (Sunset Verandas – Concierge Class – and Aqua Class)

If you consult a Deck Plan for the Equinox, I can point out to you which ones are the largest on the sides of the ship…

Celebrity Cruises - Equinox Deck Plans = http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/ship.do?shipCode=EQ

The LARGEST ONES are always the FIRST OFF “the Bump” or “the Hump”… so taking Deck 6 as an example… Staterooms # 6155, # 6156, # 6214, # 6215, # 6236 and # 6237

The SECOND LARGEST ONES are in the THIRD Position on the Angle… so again taking Deck 6 on the Equinox as an example… (NOTE – that “the Bump” only has 2 Angled Cabins before the straight-away)… so # 6209, # 6210, # 6240 and # 6241

The THIRD LARGEST ONES are in the Second Position off the Angle… so again taking Deck 6 on the Equinox as an example… # 6157, # 6158, # 6211, # 6212, # 6238, and # 6239

The FOURTH LARGEST ONES are in the Fourth Position off the Angle… so again taking Deck 6 on the Equinox as an example… # 6207, # 6208, # 6242 and # 6243

And so it goes from deck to deck all the way to Deck 12.

Having stayed in one of the Cabins with the LARGEST Balconies I can tell you they are absolutely stunning… as I said I didn’t measure the square footage… but having seen a “regular” balcony, I would have to say that ours was at least 3x the size.

The other thing to be aware of when selecting one of these cabins is location.

If you are prone to Motion or Sea Sickness (and BTW they are not the same thing) then you might want to stick with the Midship ones (off “the Hump”) vs those at the front of the ship (off “the Bump”).

And if smoke bothers you, you’ll want to be Starboard Side rather than Port Side… as all the Outdoor Smoking Venues on Celebrity happens on the Port Side (and there have been stories of folks being affected by “drifting smoke”… particular so if your cabin is slightly above or below a Designated Smoking Area)

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

800910011_DSCF5887(2)(620x465).jpg.451093b92db16a92964078f4860913bf.jpg

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Hi Smith6,

Sadly I didn’t measure the one I was in (Solstice # 1120)… which frustrates me because it was one of the things I was meant to do… and specifically took along a measuring tape for.

However, it looks like RICO did for Cabin # 9292 on the Equinox, and that would be similar to the one we had on the Solstice.

I'm a ship-geek, what can I say? It was one of those things I just had to know. They truly are huge balconies. There was room on that balcony for the furniture you see in the photo, plus my wife and I to both lay out there on beach towels and get some sun. I do wish they'd put some foot rests on the 1A balconies when they're that large.

Thank you Sloop-JohnB and Rico!

I am new to Celebrity and am trying to learn all about the Equinox. Are the hump cabins a specific category? We have cruised Princess many times and love the larger balconies on deck 10.

They aren't a category by themselves. Ours was a 1A, but there are 1A's that are regular flat-side-of-the-ship balconies. I also think on the lower decks there are some angled balconies that are even 2C's. So you really have to look at a deck plan and make sure you book a specific cabin.

I'm a ship-geek, what can I say? It was one of those things I just had to know. They truly are huge balconies. There was room on that balcony for the furniture you see in the photo, plus my wife and I to both lay out there on beach towels and get some sun. I do wish they'd put some foot rests on the 1A balconies when they're that large.

TO RICO,

I hear you on the footstools... but has been said here many times in the past on the CC CELEBRITY BOARD... if they did it for one they'd have to do it for all... and that wouldn't work (others not having the same space)

Currently, the 1A's are just a category within the Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Verandas grouping... which also includes... 1B - 1C - 2A - 2B - 2C - 2D - and AX Accessible.

Many have said, they wonder why Celebrity just hasn't done away with the 1As on the angles (Decks 6, 7, 8, and 9), and just make them Concierge Class instead (Concierge Class and above being the ones that get the footstools).

For now though, I think you'll find that most Cruisers are happy that Celebrity hasn't taken this action... as 1As are a lot cheaper, and folks would prefer that "perk" over the footstools for the most part.

Cheers!

Thank you Sloop-JohnB and Rico!

I am new to Celebrity and am trying to learn all about the Equinox. Are the hump cabins a specific category? We have cruised Princess many times and love the larger balconies on deck 10.

TO CRUISING OCEANGAL,

You are very welcome... glad to help.

Do check the Deck Plans for the Ship you are planning to sail on ... the info is all there on the Celebrity Website (better yet get yourself a copy of Celebrity's Official Brochure(s) for the area of the world you'll be sailing too... I say at least 90% of the FAQs that we see here on CC are answered by looking thru / reading these OFFICIAL GUIDES)

Generally speaking, on S-Class Ships the larger angled balconies are "currently" found in the following categories... (ships can be slightly different from one another when it comes to which categories are assigned where ... so be sure and check the Deck Plans carefully)

Verandas (2D - 2C - 1A) - Concierge Class (C2) - Aqua Class (A1) - Suites (AquaSuite* - Sky 1 - Celebrity - Penthouse)

*NOTE - The AquaSuites are NEW Category to debut on The Reflection when it launches later in 2012.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Hi Smith6,

Infact, I have attached a pic of our Balcony, and it is amazing how similar the photo I have and RICO has are (NOTE – That I was in a Concierge Class Cabin, so we got the footstools).

As for your planning info…

I can tell you that the balconies on the ANGLES alongside “the Bump” (front of ship) and the “the Hump” (midship) are some of the largest on the ship for a “standard – Non-Suite” S-Class Cabin (so they can be found in the categories that relate to Verandas – Concierge Class – and Aqua Class).

The ONLY larger balconies on the S-Class Ships that are not Suites, are those that are the very aft of the ship, overlooking the wake (Sunset Verandas – Concierge Class – and Aqua Class)

If you consult a Deck Plan for the Equinox, I can point out to you which ones are the largest on the sides of the ship…

Celebrity Cruises - Equinox Deck Plans = http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/ship.do?shipCode=EQ

The LARGEST ONES are always the FIRST OFF “the Bump” or “the Hump”… so taking Deck 6 as an example… Staterooms # 6155, # 6156, # 6214, # 6215, # 6236 and # 6237

The SECOND LARGEST ONES are in the THIRD Position on the Angle… so again taking Deck 6 on the Equinox as an example… (NOTE – that “the Bump” only has 2 Angled Cabins before the straight-away)… so # 6209, # 6210, # 6240 and # 6241

The THIRD LARGEST ONES are in the Second Position off the Angle… so again taking Deck 6 on the Equinox as an example… # 6157, # 6158, # 6211, # 6212, # 6238, and # 6239

The FOURTH LARGEST ONES are in the Fourth Position off the Angle… so again taking Deck 6 on the Equinox as an example… # 6207, # 6208, # 6242 and # 6243

And so it goes from deck to deck all the way to Deck 12.

Having stayed in one of the Cabins with the LARGEST Balconies I can tell you they are absolutely stunning… as I said I didn’t measure the square footage… but having seen a “regular” balcony, I would have to say that ours was at least 3x the size.

The other thing to be aware of when selecting one of these cabins is location.

If you are prone to Motion or Sea Sickness (and BTW they are not the same thing) then you might want to stick with the Midship ones (off “the Hump”) vs those at the front of the ship (off “the Bump”).

And if smoke bothers you, you’ll want to be Starboard Side rather than Port Side… as all the Outdoor Smoking Venues on Celebrity happens on the Port Side (and there have been stories of folks being affected by “drifting smoke”… particular so if your cabin is slightly above or below a Designated Smoking Area)

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

I'm fairly sure that what you call the "first largest" and "second largest" balconies are the same size, and the "third largest " and "fourth largest" are also the same size. We were in 1605 and our friends were in 1601 and they were identical in size.

Some of the hump cabins have cabin attendant service closets in front of them, but I believe that it has already been determined that this does not affect the size of the adjacent cabin.

Also, I don't think that any of the sunset veranda balconies have more square footage than the largest of the hump balconies.

Many have said, they wonder why Celebrity just hasn't done away with the 1As on the angles (Decks 6, 7, 8, and 9), and just make them Concierge Class instead (Concierge Class and above being the ones that get the footstools).

For now though, I think you'll find that most Cruisers are happy that Celebrity hasn't taken this action... as 1As are a lot cheaper, and folks would prefer that "perk" over the footstools for the most part.

Cheers!

SHHHHH! Don't give them any ideas!

Agree with previous poster who said he thought first and third balconies off the hump were the same size and second and fourth were also the same (smaller) size. We didn't measure them, but we had them in a row with the dividers opened, and that's how it appeared to the naked eye.

We loved the cabin. The location was fantastic.

It is right below the pool deck, so we heard a little noise, but I'm a pretty light sleeper and wasn't woken up by any noise.

I don't know if it's standard, but there was no light on the balcony, so if you want to sit out at night bring a book light.

I have more pictures of the cabin itself here: http://s649.photobucket.com/albums/uu213/onelilspark/Honeymoon/?start=all

Thanks for the info and pictures. Congrats on your marriage. It looks like you had a wondertful time!:D

Another question: How much sun did you have on your balcony traveling from Athens back towards Rome?

TO CRUISING OCEANGAL,

You are very welcome... glad to help.

Do check the Deck Plans for the Ship you are planning to sail on ... the info is all there on the Celebrity Website (better yet get yourself a copy of Celebrity's Official Brochure(s) for the area of the world you'll be sailing too... I say at least 90% of the FAQs that we see here on CC are answered by looking thru / reading these OFFICIAL GUIDES)

Generally speaking, on S-Class Ships the larger angled balconies are "currently" found in the following categories... (ships can be slightly different from one another when it comes to which categories are assigned where ... so be sure and check the Deck Plans carefully)

Verandas (2D - 2C - 1A) - Concierge Class (C2) - Aqua Class (A1) - Suites (AquaSuite* - Sky 1 - Celebrity - Penthouse)

*NOTE - The AquaSuites are NEW Category to debut on The Reflection when it launches later in 2012.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

I am waiting for my official brochure, lol! Can't wait to go through it and learn all about Celebrity! I also printed out your deck descriptions which will be very helpful.

One more quick question, are all the hump balconies covered? It looks like they are in the pictures.

SHHHHH! Don't give them any ideas!

Agree with previous poster who said he thought first and third balconies off the hump were the same size and second and fourth were also the same (smaller) size. We didn't measure them, but we had them in a row with the dividers opened, and that's how it appeared to the naked eye.

TO HAPPY CRUISER 6143,

Well I could certainly be wrong (as I said I didn't measure them)...

BUT I seem to recall way back when (mid June) when I was making my Solstice Booking this is what was mentioned... at the time... and I could be wrong, but I thought someone had actually posted the measurements / square footage back then.

I remember going away clearly focussed on getting one of the "first off the hump" cabins...

As for the ones off the back of the ship... I was always under the impression from other posts here on the Board... Pictures that I saw, and even by eye-balling them from above on my cruise (Oceanview Bar) that the ones at the back of the boat were even larger... a different configuration mind you... more "tunnel-like"... but I always understood they were more square footage than a normal balcony... and even more than the "angled" ones.

Then again, that might be just an "impression" because they happen to get a lot more sunshine... and not as much shade as those on cabins on the sides of the ship.

Hopefully, someone else... who actually has that square footage info will post as well in this topic (or even have stayed in both and have comparison photos).

--- --- ---

Guess I'll need to do some more research of my own, if I plan to look at something other that wonderful Angled Balcony I had on my Solstice Cruise.

Any clue as to where I might find extensive Cabin & Balcony details on the M-Class Ships?

Loved that there was so much info available on the S-Class Ships (like the STICKY) when I was in my beginning planning stages.

Maybe I'll just have to sit and wait until we hear back from the folks on the Solsticized Summit... would be AWESOME if some one (or several someones) launched a Detailed Topic or two... on her... post refurb.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB