Do you "additional Tip"????

When I purchase a drink on RCCL I receive the bar tab each time and as we already know it includes 15% gratuity but it also has a spot that you could add to it. I personally do not add unless the person went the "extra mile" or "Above and beyond" the usual stuff. Is there anyone that just always add a little more???

I can't address the bar issue because we don't drink, but the conceier, butler, cabin steward, waiters, watries , always get a very nice tip at the end of our cruise. BUT...that depends on the service they provided. They do above and beyond they get above and beyond gratuity.

On a $7 - $8 mixed drink, it is over $1.00 tip. Takes a minute to make. So the pay is $1.00 per minute. A beer takes 15 seconds. So that is $.75 or $3.00 a minute. So your restaruant server takes care of you for one hour at a basic restaruant. Your meal cost $75.00 for 2, and you tip is $12.00. I think I would rather be a bartender, making over $60.00 and hour during the busy "peak" time than the waiter at $12.00 an hour.

15% is an overkill!!!!!

Having not work in the restaurant industry, I couldn't tell you who makes more, but in your example the waitress is making $12 (I tip $15) on that table, he/she are serving multiple tables at a time.

When I purchase a drink on RCCL I receive the bar tab each time and as we already know it includes 15% gratuity but it also has a spot that you could add to it. I personally do not add unless the person went the "extra mile" or "Above and beyond" the usual stuff. Is there anyone that just always add a little more???

Not on drinks we don't. We always leave xtra in the envelopes at the end of the cruise and then we "slip" cash to certain bartenders and bar waiters that have gone out of their way to make our vacation wonderful. We had a bar waiter in the diningroom that was outstanding on Serenade, so we gave him cash both weeks of our B2B b/c he took such great care of us.

yes, if the service is good, find a good bartender with a good personality and stick with them...they remember you and "take care of you" the whole cruise...the DH ordered a drink for me [he usually drinks beer, but tips extra anyway] and because he is an extra tipper, they made mine a little stronger and gave me the souvenir glass for free...he handed me my drink and I said, "Oh, I didn't want the glass..." he said "i know, and winked at me "your drink ...ma'dam' when I got ready to leave I was going to leave the glass on the table, he chased me down 'your glass ma'dam' again. so I now have a glass thanks to my waiter...the rest of the week any time we passed him he would call the DH by name and he'd call me "Mrs. Mike." until we were 'formally' introduced, but he never forgot our names. So a little extra goes a long way, I'm sure the extra tips would have paid for the glass, but it's the thought that counts, or so my momma told me...

Archived