Dominica Tubing

Brown Gate

WE did the ships tour to the river and had a terrific time. The group of guys that ran the tour were great. The river was fast in places and slow in other spaces but we had a blast and everyone on our tour had a ball. We were on Royal Caribbean so not sure what Celebrity has to offer. Don't miss it.

Has anyone used any Island tour companies for tubing or snorkeling on Dominica? Looking for a recommendations.

We also did the tubing through the ship's shore excursions. It was a great time and the guys in the river were very helpful and kept everyone safe as well as helping when people got stopped by various twists and turns. The road to get to the tubing site was VERY twisty. Many people seemed to get motion sick and at times the a/c had to be turned off as the bus labored uphill.This was one of our favorite Caribbean adventures!

We did a ships excursion when we were there also. The excursion took us to a Carib Tribe reservation and then tubing. Loved the tubing part, but the rest of it we wouldn't do again. If you want an independent excursion (which I recommend) - the one I wish I had gone with was Levi at bumpiing tours (yes there are 2 i's). There is another company that is also highly recommended, but I can't remember the name. Look at the Dominica board and I'm sure you will come across it.

Enjoy Dominica - it is a beautiful island!

We did tubing with Antours http://dominicacruisesite.com/ . We were the only 2 off the ship to book it and got picked up at the dock. As we were a bit early, the guide (who's name I can't remember!) took us for a quick tour round the area (about 40 mins), then went tubing, then she took us back to the ship. There was a family of 4 who were staying at a hotel on the tubing ride too. 6 of us had 3 'guides'. You will get a much longer 'ride' than on the ships tour (we passed their start point about half way through our trip). Also remember to take water shoes or something as the exit 'beach' is quite stony. They will do other trips as well, but we just wanted the tubing and would use them again.

Simon

We did the ropes/zipline with Wacky Rollers and another couple with us did the river tubing. We booked this independently when we cruised with HAL. We LOVED the zipline/ropes course - I'd do it again in a minute! The other couple said the river tubing wasn't that great, but if I recall correctly, the river was down quite a bit at the time.

Archived