Last Minute Cruise

Mysteryreader

We were hoping to take a cruise (destination yet to be determined) this May but life got complicated so we had to postpone making any reservations. But I'm still hopeful. What's the latest one can book a cruise? I've seen ads for Vacations to Go that seem to sell discounted last minute cruises. Has anyone used them? Would that solve our problem? Should we just abandon any cruise hopes for this yr and focus on 2013? TIA.

M/R

I've had good luck booking last minute cruises. The closest one I did was 5 weeks before which worked out great because I was able to leave a port within driving distance, eliminating the need to arrange airfare. The only downside is that you may not have a great deal of choice in cabin and maybe not category either but you can get a great deal. The site you mentioned is really good, I've used them.

We were hoping to take a cruise (destination yet to be determined) this May but life got complicated so we had to postpone making any reservations. But I'm still hopeful. What's the latest one can book a cruise? I've seen ads for Vacations to Go that seem to sell discounted last minute cruises. Has anyone used them? Would that solve our problem? Should we just abandon any cruise hopes for this yr and focus on 2013? TIA.

M/R

Did you check silhouette out of nj

You wouldnt need air and may be able to get a deal

We have booked out last two cruises within 30 days of sailing. HAL 14 day to Alaska and Princess 15 thru Canal. Guarantee cabins, payment at time of booking. Both times received great midship cabins, Oceanview and Balcony. Used agents both times.

I just booked a cruise today that leaves on February 16 and I got a great deal. It helps that we are only 2 hours away from the departure port plus we are not picky about the cabin that we stay in.

There are a number of internet TA's that offer terrific deals on cruises including last minute cruises. We can't mention the sites here, but don't assume that VTG has the lowest prices or are the most reliable. They are just one of the sites to check.

I've had good luck booking last minute cruises. The closest one I did was 5 weeks before which worked out great because I was able to leave a port within driving distance, eliminating the need to arrange airfare. The only downside is that you may not have a great deal of choice in cabin and maybe not category either but you can get a great deal. The site you mentioned is really good, I've used them.

We just did this, we finalized our booking this past Monday for the March 5th Silhouette sailing out of Bayonne NJ. We used a private TA that we found through our preferred credit card company. We are in driving range to the port, which eliminated airfare, hotels, car rentals, etc.

You can book a cruise up to the day before sailing. Carnival will let you call and book the morning of sailing, but I think they are the only line that does that. Yesterday, Celebrity was still listing the Millie Feb. 2 cruise...EM

We booked a very last minute cruise on the Eclipse last February, four days before sailing. We booked directly through Celebrity, and had no problems at all. Luckily, we were able to get decent airfare, or it would not have happened. Hope you get to take your cruise!

I've made several bookings through the TA you mentioned and have got great deals and service from them every time. :) I did a lot of searching before booking and they happened to have the best deals I saw online for the cruises I was interested in.

We live in FL so that makes a difference. I booked the 5 day Millennium three days before departure and got a very good deal. I think close to departure, I would just book through Celebrity. Had a fantastic cruise and will definitely do the last minute thing again if I have the chance.

I have booked with the TA that OP mentioned to be able to take advantage of their discounts which I would not be able to do through a local TA, because I am in New Zealand (also not allowed in Australia).

Have not sailed yet, but so far I have received excellent service.

For example. Read this week on this forum about the Wave promotion, then e-mailed TA in the evening. When opened e-mail next morning I found that the $300 discount had been applied and she made sure I still had the same cabin.

What I also like about this TA is that I can phone them without any costs involved, plus their site has a wealth of information.

Just booked tonight for the 16th of this month...I don't think you need a ta although I used one...I have had an eye out to do this for awhile you can book up to a week prior I think, with most lines...

Enjoy!

M

Archived