Conquest Review~ Jan 15, 2012, or How to Relax on Vacation and Still Have a Good Time

pyropoodle

I really enjoyed your review, and photos. We just got off the Freedom on the 5th, and we'll be on the Conquest next year so already counting down the days!

We'll be driving this time instead of flying (hooray!) so we plan to go a few days early and spend time sightseeing in New Orleans. I can't wait, as we've never been there before!

We always have a balcony room, but on the Conquest we'll have an aft balcony and I can't wait to see what that is like!!

I'm glad you had a nice cruise with your Mom!

:)Thanks for the great review! We'll doing our second sailing on Conquest in September.Last time was pre-Katrina. Can you tell me how do you reserve Nachi?:confused: That day will be DH Birthday & I'm wondering if this is something we could do that day?

Again,Thanks for the great review! :D B.T.W....Still waiting for the Areatha shot!;)

Stacie:)

Thanks, I knew about it being rocky but first I have heard about slime. Did you see the nude beach? Didnt know they had one till after we booked. Thanks for the tip!

I did know they had a nude beach, but I never went to check it out, and i wouldn't want to inflict my nude body on anyone, so i stayed away:D

We always have a balcony room, but on the Conquest we'll have an aft balcony and I can't wait to see what that is like!!

I'm glad you had a nice cruise with your Mom!

one of these days i will book an aft balcony just to see what it is like. i have been too chicken to do it so far, mostly because of the motion of the boat and rocking head to foot instead of side to side in bed. but i will do it one of these days.

Thanks for the great review! We'll doing our second sailing on Conquest in September.Last time was pre-Katrina. Can you tell me how do you reserve Nachi? That day will be DH Birthday & I'm wondering if this is something we could do that day?

Again,Thanks for the great review! B.T.W....Still waiting for the Areatha shot!

Stacie:)

so glad you enjoyed the review. to book Nachi, i just went directly to their site http://www.cozumelnachicocom.net/ (not sure if i am able to post direct links, so it is cozumelnachicocom dot net

it really was a lovely day. if you want more of a party atmosphere, i'd suggest mr sanchos or playa mia maybe, but if you want relaxing and very laid back, nachi is the way to go.

and, i'm still debating on that aretha photo. maybe one day :cool:

I am cruising my first Carnival cruise in September. This review was so informative. Thank you *SO* much for including pictures and a through desription. It really does help to read other experiences and you were very fair. I've only been on RCCI so I'm not completly sure what to expect but you have eased my "fears".

I will be crusing with DH and my 60something mother and her sister (my aunt). This will be very interesting as they are in the same shape as your mother. :cool:

Again, thank you so much for the review! ;)

Katy, you are very welcome. My mom did very well on the cruise and I think the most annoying part for her was the walk from inside the port to the actual ship and the walk through the shops at Cozumel, otherwise, she was able to do everything else with ease.

You guys are going to have a great time.

Thank you so much for a wonderful review. I will be taking this same cruise in a week, For my first cruise ever, and was so curious about so many things, but you answered every question I've had that I couldn't find an answer to in the reviews and threads. The pics helped so much! Best review I've read here. :)

Thank you so much for a wonderful review. I will be taking this same cruise in a week, For my first cruise ever, and was so curious about so many things, but you answered every question I've had that I couldn't find an answer to in the reviews and threads. The pics helped so much! Best review I've read here. :)

so glad you enjoyed the review. And I know you are about to head out for your first cruise. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I had such a great time that I booked another January cruise for next year.

:D

Have a great cruise!

What other carnival ships besides the Conquest have the fish and chips palace?

I believe they are only located on the Conquest Class Ships. Ships

I could be mistaken though, so anyone who knows, feel free to answer this.

You did such a wonderful job of sharing your experiences in a very entertaining way. My husband and I are sailing on the Conquest on March 4 along with my brother and sis-in-law, and much of the information will be quite useful. We will be doing eastern Caribbean, so we will have different destinations, but much of the sailing time will be very similar. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. Loved the pics and the personal stories. I, too, hope you will share your Aretha pics.

i have been going back and forth with that aretha picture thing. Should i post it? shouldn't i post it? Should we take a poll? :p

At any rate, have a great cruise. I know March will be a great time to cruise as it still a little chilly everywhere else but the Carrib. I'm jealous of everyone about to go on a boat in the near future.

ahhhh, only 207 more days for me.

Have a wonderful sailing and glad you enjoyed the review.

edited because now I see that you are in Louisiana, so it's probably warm for you in march, but you are going to love it nonetheless.

Happy Mardis Gras everyone!

i just post the links from the websites that I have them stored on. I think I am using Flikr for some and snapfish for others. When you go to paste them to your post, it gives you a link (on the photo sharing site)that is specific for message boards.

i'm sure that explanation was as clear as mud.

i just post the links from the websites that I have them stored on. I think I am using Flikr for some and snapfish for others. When you go to paste them to your post, it gives you a link (on the photo sharing site)that is specific for message boards.

i'm sure that explanation was as clear as mud.

Thanks for the help.

DW, our two DDs and I were on the Conquest in June, 2011 when it was home-ported in Galveston..

Reading this review brought back some wonderful memories.. Like the 3 day trivia contest the DW and I participated in and almost won (until one of the other teams stole our points @ the very end... -- no 24K Plastic Piece of Ship for us)

I think there was a Vlad in the Watch store on board too.. Drove him crazy because I couldn't make up my mind which one I wanted ... The Philip Stein I loved in Grand Caymans wasn't in Cozumel and wasn't onboard either... Guess I'll have to look again when we go to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Martaan this summer..

Do you recall if Todd and Vanessa were the personal shoppers on board? We loved the talks they gave and came home with a strand of pearls for one of our daughters.. So we bought a companion one @ $1 an inch of Pearls in Grand Caymans (I think) for the other daughter.. They wore them to the last formal night...

We did the Dolphinarium in Cozumel and all agree that was the best excursion we went on.. in Montego Bay we did the ride through the rain forest and Dunns River Falls.. Won't do that again.. and in Grand Caymans we split up.. I took the youngest DD parasailing and had to keep reminding her .. "Hold onto the straps" Wife took older DD on a semi-submersible... Think they enjoyed that.. neither child enjoyed shopping (which surprised me).

If you eat @ Cheeseburgers in Paradise in Grand Caymans, be aware that the prices are in Cayman dollars, not American... Basically double what it says on the menu.

mG

Reading this review brought back some wonderful memories..

Like the 3 day trivia contest the DW and I participated in and almost won (until one of the other teams stole our points @ the very end... -- no 24K Plastic Piece of Ship for us)

well, that blows, but glad you guys had fun anyway.

Do you recall if Todd and Vanessa were the personal shoppers on board?

i am soooo not a shopper. i didn't do any of the shop talks, nor did i really do much shopping in the ports...just a little bit of time killing in GC waiting for our tour to start, and even then i only bought ear rings. that's really the only thing i care about. i swear, i'm not really a girl because i'm not into clothes and fashion and shopping.

i'm a wierdo, i know:rolleyes:

If you eat @ Cheeseburgers in Paradise in Grand Caymans, be aware that the prices are in Cayman dollars, not American... Basically double what it says on the menu.

mG

that's good to know about GC as I am going back in January, only this time on the Legend. the only thing we purchased in port, besides the aforementioned earrings (which were 1 american dollar per pair) was a coffee at a coffee shop and it too was in american dollars. but, i will still keep that tip under my hat for next time.

pyropoodle, thank you so much for your wonderful review and pictures. They really get my spirits up after so much sad news lately. We will be sailing on the Conquest on 3/3/13 out of NO for the Eastern Caribbean trip, and hope to take a week long cruise for the Western Caribbean on the Magic out of Galveston next time around.

Thank you so much, again!

pyropoodle, thank you so much for your wonderful review and pictures. They really get my spirits up after so much sad news lately. We will be sailing on the Conquest on 3/3/13 out of NO for the Eastern Caribbean trip, and hope to take a week long cruise for the Western Caribbean on the Magic out of Galveston next time around.

Thank you so much, again!

you are very welcome. you are going to have an incredible time, no matter which itin you take on the Conquest. it's going to be awesome!

and, thanks for reading the review. i'm glad that people are getting some use out of it. slightly off topic, i'm kinda blown away by the fact that over 5,000 people have read it. it blows my mind. i was part of an online community for over 10 years. it had about 100,000 members by the time it shut down, but even then, the most people that ever read one of my threads was like 100 or 200.

5,000 is weird and awesome, soooo thanks to everyone who has read and commented on my cruise and especially the review part of it. i will definitely post a review of my Victory cruise coming up in September.

I love cruise critic!

Love your writing style! I feel like I really got to know you and I love your focus on the people you encountered!

We are sailing on the Elation this summer out of NOLA but are considering the Conquest for a family cruise the following year, thanks so much for all the pics and info!

You should have a blog!

Love your writing style! I feel like I really got to know you and I love your focus on the people you encountered!

ha! I always toy with the idea of starting a blog, but A. my life is pretty boring, and B. i'm pretty lazy. but thanks so much for the compliment. it made me smile :o

Great Review! We leave in two weeks on the same cruise! Fish and Chips: is that a specific place to eat on the ship? Where is it located?

you will find the fish n chips is on deck 10, but you can easily get there from the lido deck (deck 9, which is where the regular buffet is located) it's toward the aft of the ship. if you are in the buffet, head toward the back and you'll see a little sign by the stairs that says "fish n chips" with a little arrow pointing up the stairs.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/interactive_map/Conquest/interactivemap.html

check the above link and look on the Panorama Deck 10 plans. in small letters it says fish n chips.

that sounds like fun! i have been to key west before, but never to the Bahamas. I am contemplating taking a cruise out of NYC that goes to the Bahamas at some point...probably not until 2013 or 2014. i have a lot of travel coming up this year, and not enough vacation days from work.....if only i could win the lottery. they would have to pry my death grip fingers off of the cruise ship. i would never leave.

Archived