How can I get a Cruise Compass ahead of time?

Kenlorz

Hi All!

Just wondering if there was a way I can pre-order a cruise compass ahead of time for a cruise? Either by snail mail, email, download, etc., doesn't matter... I just want to be able to pre-plan my nights as I am UBER-Planner.

I have been looking over an old compass for the Western Allure Itinerary to see when things are generally occurring and it took hours to juggle it all out, so that we could accomplish as much as possible during the week. We are trying to juggle such things as: Shows, Specialty Restaurants vs. Formal Nights in MDR, Musicians in the Park, Prohibition Party, Rita's Fiesta, many of the Game Shows, Trivia, Piano in the Schooner, dance events, etc.

Now that I see a newer Eastern Itinerary that was recently posted, so many of those things are different times and days then the older Western one I have, so I am concerned I will preplan and then it will be ALL DIFFERENT. So, how about it.... is there a way to get a cruise compass early for us Super-Duper-Uber-Planners?

Hi All!

Just wondering if there was a way I can pre-order a cruise compass ahead of time for a cruise? Either by snail mail, email, download, etc., doesn't matter... I just want to be able to pre-plan my nights as I am UBER-Planner.

I have been looking over an old compass for the Western Allure Itinerary to see when things are generally occurring and it took hours to juggle it all out, so that we could accomplish as much as possible during the week. We are trying to juggle such things as: Shows, Specialty Restaurants vs. Formal Nights in MDR, Musicians in the Park, Prohibition Party, Rita's Fiesta, many of the Game Shows, Trivia, Piano in the Schooner, dance events, etc.

Now that I see a newer Eastern Itinerary that was recently posted, so many of those things are different times and days then the older Western one I have, so I am concerned I will preplan and then it will be ALL DIFFERENT. So, how about it.... is there a way to get a cruise compass early for us Super-Duper-Uber-Planners?

RCI does not provide a site to download the Daily Cruise Compass because they are printed on board and there are always minor variations from cruise to cruise and ship to ship because of entertainment and ports of call.

Hopefully someone who recently cruised can help you. I am assuming you are wanting info on the Allure?

Edited by cruisenfever

Hi All!

I seriously doubt that the daily Cruise Compasses are prepared and printed far enough in advance for you to get them before you sail. As you noted the ones you have seen have different activities scheduled for different times and those things can change on a daily or weekly basis, so while certain segments of the Cruise Compass may be basically boilerplate that remains the same week after week, some things, like the daily movies, celebrity headliners, schedules for trivia and other activities will be revealed much closer to the time that they actually occur. There is such a thing as over planning and if you are concerned that changes might disrupt your carefully arranged schedule, perhaps you should prepare yourself to go with the flow and accept that change is a constant. Bring a highlighter with you to mark those activities that you don't want to miss, but be prepared to be flexible in arranging your schedule.:)

Your best bet is to search for the most recent one you can find posted here. Be sure you aren't looking at one that includes a holiday or special event, (like Christmas Eve or the Super Bowl) as they will juggle things around for those events. And you definitely want to look at the one for the itinerary you are doing (east vs west) as those can be quite different!

Im an uber planner too, so I get it,:o but it's not to hard to make a change as soon as you board (grab that weekly planner at the check in desk at the pier and do a quick check to make sure everything looks the same). If there have been changes, go right to the Box Office at Studio B and they will help you make changes. If you need to change dining...go to the MDR and make the changes with them.

Have a blast!

Edited by Familygoboston

Hi All!

The main reason for the two compasses to be different that you were looking at was one was for the Eastern Caribbean and one was for Western - different itineraries have different compasses. Otherwise, things will generally be the same.

You will receive a "cruise planner" the day you board. It covers the whole weeks events with times. Show times are always subject to change(daily) as are sea and port days.

The best you can do is book your shows/meal times/ specialty rest./ etc. when they open on the website cruise planner for your cruise and hope nothing changes after you board.

On our allure cruise we had 2 show changes after boarding, but it was not a problem for us.

Edited by setsail

I am the same as you, I go a bit nuts, in fact I have someone who I hardly know sending me their cruise compasses by post so I can have a quick scan of everything that's going on. But over resent years of cruising and trying to preplan everything before we go I have seen all my stressing come to nothing when we spot something new that wasn't there before.

Take it from someone who likes to pre-plan everything, just take a highlighter and do it at the end of the day when you get your copy.

CK x

Our first cruise was a cruise and our TA took care of all the details so I didn't do any pre-planning. For our second cruise, I wanted to know everything in advance so I became an UBER-PLANNER for that cruise. The second cruise was not nearly as exciting as the first. Because I had everything planned ahead, nothing came as a surprise. We followed our schedule and missed out a bunch of things that probably have been more fun but because they weren't on "the schedule", we didn't do them. I now do very little pre-planning. Some shore excursions and maybe a specialty restaurant. For everything else, we just wait until we are on the ship, look and the schedule of events and then decide what we want to do. Cruising is so much more fun for us doing it tis way.

Our first cruise was a cruise and our TA took care of all the details so I didn't do any pre-planning. For our second cruise, I wanted to know everything in advance so I became an UBER-PLANNER for that cruise. The second cruise was not nearly as exciting as the first. Because I had everything planned ahead, nothing came as a surprise. We followed our schedule and missed out a bunch of things that probably have been more fun but because they weren't on "the schedule", we didn't do them. I now do very little pre-planning. Some shore excursions and maybe a specialty restaurant. For everything else, we just wait until we are on the ship, look and the schedule of events and then decide what we want to do. Cruising is so much more fun for us doing it tis way.

Hey Ken, are you still a NOOTS and I would assume NOATS? It's really like comparing apples and oranges. This thread is to assist a self admitted planner who wants to sail on Allure. Enjoy your next cruise!:D

• 4 years later...

I've been reading lots of info about the Cruise Compass and that it's full of important info daily activities. I see that you can't get this until onboard.

Any information that can be shared regarding special days would be awesome; I'd like to be a little prepared. Ie. I heard there is a "white" day and typically I own no white. Lol

Thanks