FCC available on all ships?

mrgame101

Hello and thanks in advance for answering.

Might seem like a stupid question but can you purchase the Future Cruise Certificate onboard all ships? My FIL told me he couldnt purchase one on the Sensation last year as their was no desk for it? Just curious if anyone knows.

Thanks!

Hello and thanks in advance for answering.

Might seem like a stupid question but can you purchase the Future Cruise Certificate onboard all ships? My FIL told me he couldnt purchase one on the Sensation last year as their was no desk for it? Just curious if anyone knows.

Thanks!

No, not all ships have them-I can tell you for sure that the Conquest has them, and the Spirit class has them. I'm sure others can jump in and tell you about the others. But, not to worry, the ones that don't have them, a person has something like 5 days, after their cruise to buy them by calling CCL.:cool:

Just happend to me yesterday. I had booked a cruise last week and found the last certificate I bought and gave that info to my PVP. Got this email yesterday:

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Please be advised the the future carnival vaction certificate is not combinable with the type of promortion you are booked under. If you have any questions please contact our promo desk at 1-800-906-7603.

I had booked with an Interline discount (husband works for an airline) and got about $100 more off than the past guest rate. Looked at the certificate and sure enough it says on there can't use with an interline discount. It wasn't that big of a discount..... I had never heard that sometimes it could not be combined. I'm gonna call and see what else I can do but I'm sure it won't be much else!

I know they don't have them on the Sensation or the Imagination because I sailed on both those ships. You have up to 7 days from when you return home to call Carnival and purchase them. I was on the Imagination in October and returned home and purchased 2. Its a weird process though. You call, tell them you want them and then it took 2 weeks for someone to contact me to purchase them. The important thing is, I got them, already used 1 and hopefully using the 2nd for my cruise in November.

I know they don't have them on the Sensation or the Imagination because I sailed on both those ships. You have up to 7 days from when you return home to call Carnival and purchase them. I was on the Imagination in October and returned home and purchased 2. Its a weird process though. You call, tell them you want them and then it took 2 weeks for someone to contact me to purchase them. The important thing is, I got them, already used 1 and hopefully using the 2nd for my cruise in November.

Did you have any issues redeeming the one because it took then 2 weeks to respond?

Did you have any issues redeeming the one because it took then 2 weeks to respond?

I did it online and received an email that it would take 7-10 business days. It did take about 2 weeks but its there. I'm not 100% sure on my November cruise yet since airfare is still high so i'm waiting to use my 2nd one for that. If you have a PVP, she can process the FCCs for you. I have a PVP I use but figured I'd do it myself. I will have her do my 2nd one when I'm ready.

I'm on the Destiny in May and they sell them on that ship. My husband doesn't know it yet but we will each be buying one ;)

promo desk at 1-800-906-7603.

I had booked with an Interline discount (husband works for an airline) and got about $100 more off than the past guest rate. Looked at the certificate and sure enough it says on there can't use with an interline discount. It wasn't that big of a discount..... I had never heard that sometimes it could not be combined. I'm gonna call and see what else I can do but I'm sure it won't be much else!

Interline Rates are priced at the same level as CCL Employee Family and Friends Rates. I can understand where a FCV can't be combined with Interline.

The $$$ amount of savings for an Interline fare would depend on the length of a cruise and the time it was booked. For example an Interline rate on a 3-4 day cruise booked 1 month out is going to offer significantly less savings compared to a 7 day cruise booked Interline 6 months before the sailing.

I know that Victory does not have the FCC desk on board, and I know there are a few others as well, but the majority of them do offer them on board.

Regardless of if they are offered on board, you do have one week from when you disembark to call up to purchase.

I thought it was strange how that works when you call up afterwards to purchase as well. You call to tell them you want them, and then they tell you when you can call back to actually purchase them?

I just got off the Fantasy this morning and asked this question of the loyalty guy on the ship - he said the only ships that do not have the FCCs are the Victory out of San Juan and the ships that sail 3 and 4 day cruises. All ships sailing 5 days or more have a loyalty desk that sells the FCCs.

This will be my first time using both a FCC and Stock credit. Can you let me know if either can be used for the gratuities?

(Thanks - tried searching the boards but couldn't find answer)

You can use any on board credit for gratuities. They will come out first from any non-refundable credit.

my last cruise on the Victory - I got back and called Carnival to purchase a FCC - they told me they would have to contact a ship that had themi and that ship would contact me if they wanted to sell me one - I never heard back!

• 2 weeks later...

We will be on the Destiny next week and I am curious about booking another cruise...Legend in N. Europe for Sept. 2013, have you ever booked a cruise while on a cruise...and does anyone know if "sometimes" you get double the OBC $$ for the new booking?

thanks

I did it online and received an email that it would take 7-10 business days. It did take about 2 weeks but its there. I'm not 100% sure on my November cruise yet since airfare is still high so i'm waiting to use my 2nd one for that. If you have a PVP, she can process the FCCs for you. I have a PVP I use but figured I'd do it myself. I will have her do my 2nd one when I'm ready.

I'm on the Destiny in May and they sell them on that ship. My husband doesn't know it yet but we will each be buying one ;)

Archived