Christmas Cruises

Painter

We were just on the Liberty of the seas for departing Christmas Eve. That night they had carolers and the ship was decorated festively for the entire cruise. On Christmas Day, Santa is available for the kids and gives each a gift (teens included). In the MDR they have a special Christmas menu. Others will have to provide details for the meal, as we ate in Chops that night.

Christmas day was a day at sea. They handed out free eggnog, but I don't remember a lot of other activities other than typical cruise activities. They did play Christmas movies in the theater and tv all week.

This was a very special cruise for us, and our first time away for Christmas. If you pull the trigger, I think you will have a great time!

Yah! Thanks. I was hoping to keep the Christmas spirit while on board (since we are traveling to family before the cruise and will be missing our decorations at home)

When they do take them down it is usually during the wee hours of the morning so that when you wake up in the morning, the ship takes on a completely different look.

It really is very festive and special to be on a ship during the holidays.:)

Was on Monarch over Christmas, and like others have mentioned there is caroling, Christmas mass, different menu, etc. Monarch was decorated quite beautifully and the crew were all cheerful and in good spirits. Another thing I noticed is that everyone on board seemed to be cheerful and happy, moreso than when cruising at other times of the year. IDK, maybe it was just me

Anyone been on RC ship during Christmas Day?

What is generally planned for the day...that is... entertainment and food?

We were on the Navigator of the Seas this past Christmas. There was a special ice show, which was very good. The food on RCL was only medicore to begin with, but there was a special menu that night. It was turkey..and a few other things.

There was also eggnog for a few minutes in the hallway near the buffet. The decorations were pretty.

For us there were way too many unsupervised kids on the ship. Somehow parents think that since they are on vacation, they don't have to watch their children. We'll skip X-mas on the ship!

If you get lucky you see a surprise marriage proposal at bingo on Christmas. We saw it last Christmas.

Dave, I proposed and became engaged to my DW on Christmas day. It was another cruise line, and actually the old "Love Boat".

We wanted to celebrate our 15th anniversary of that this past Christmas on the Mariner of the Seas (wanted to stay on for the week after you and I were together) but had made a commitment to my DW's parents to have Christmas at their home.

So, we are planning it for this coming December!;)

Rick

Dave, I proposed and became engaged to my DW on Christmas day. It was another cruise line, and actually the old "Love Boat".

We wanted to celebrate our 15th anniversary of that this past Christmas on the Mariner of the Seas (wanted to stay on for the week after you and I were together) but had made a commitment to my DW's parents to have Christmas at their home.

So, we are planning it for this coming December!;)

Rick

If only you had a video.

I shot video of the one Isaac did this past year and posted it on YouTube.

Archived