Adventure v Freedom

ST-UK

Ok We have not long been off the Freedom , Dec-Jan New Year sailing.. and are heading out on the Adventure in May. But this time we are taking our DD who is 11 going on 18 :confused: . Going off reviews and pics I have seen, I can't see a huge difference. I know its an older ship, and smaller. But will we miss anything from the Freedom?

:)

Thanks in advance :cool:

Ok We have not long been off the Freedom , Dec-Jan New Year sailing.. and are heading out on the Adventure in May. But this time we are taking our DD who is 11 going on 18 :confused: . Going off reviews and pics I have seen, I can't see a huge difference. I know its an older ship, and smaller. But will we miss anything from the Freedom?

:)

Thanks in advance :cool:

From our experience having sailed both Liberty and Freedom twice each, not a great deal.

Not sure what type of cabin you'll have, but Adventure balcony cabins do not have full glass so views are different. There's no flowrider, nor outdoor movie screen nor H2O zone.

There's limited WiFi capability unlike Freedom which has it available in all staterooms.

No 3D movies available in the main theatre.

Not sure if you like Chops Grille, but unfortunately only Portofino is available on Adventure.

There isn't a Boleros bar on Adventure as far as I remember and again I don't know your Crown and Anchor status, but there is no Diamond Lounge on Adventure either.

Here's a link to a full comparison

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/our-ships/features-comparison/

For some strange reason the above link seems to suggest that there isn't a Johnny Rockets on Voyager class ships, but there is on Adventure but no Cupcake Cupboard nor Sorrentos on the Royal Promenade.

Our last 2 cruises were the Adventure and the Freedom. Layout is almost identical. The FOS does have the extras as the other poster mentioned which were nice since we had 3 sea days. AOS was very port intensive so we didn't miss them. Check out the deck above the bridge. We loved the AOS. Have fun!

Hi , thanks for the replys, I was aware of the H20 zone not being onboard, but my daughter is 11 and a regional swimmer so a little mature for it anyway, and as much as we will miss the Flowrider, the Freedom class ship ( Indy if I am not mistaken ) was not doing the ports we wanted so we will have to do without..

However I was not aware about the Sorrentos. Thanks for the info

Si

Archived