How much extra would you pay for the larger cat 1A balcony on Solistice class ships?

stipmom

We were in a 1A on the angle on a 12 day Med cruise in September and loved it so much that we booked the same cabin for our upcoming cruise in March. The balcony is huge with lots of sun and shade. Though we didn't spend a ton of time on the balcony during the cruise, it was wonderful to wake up early and stand out there watching as we sailed into port, sometimes before dawn or just at sunrise, in Greece and Italy. The cabin attendant was kind enough to bring us footstools to use upon request. (I guess the cruise wasn't sold out, so there were some footstools available.)

We had booked a Guaranteed Balcony for this cruise and had been assigned a cabin on deck six. We requested a cabin change within the same category to this particular cabin on deck 9 and the request was granted. How fortunate we were!!

It was a great value and was a good bit less than Concierge Class or Aqua Class when we booked it for our March cruise. I will feel like I am returning home when I step into that cabin in March for our next cruise. Of course, I always feel like I am returning home when I step onto a ship.

Carole

So if I'm reading this right, your initial cabin assignment was to a 1A?

Switched the cabins today. I had originally booked 1A's but the 1B's had gone down on a resident discount to$350 less per person so I switched. Now I am back to what I was originally going to get in the first place

Hi Jo-Ann, you are not in 6240 anymore? Guess what, when I was on Eclipse in November I had cabin 9294:) Great location, sort of

in a little alcove, quiet and near the elvators.

I am staying where I am on Equinox~my itineary is so very port

intensive (Med) and to upgrade for me would be about 300 bucks

since I sail solo....no thanks. I will be fine in 6240:)

TO JERSEYGIRL3,

LOIS R is right, you will LOVE this location... (we were just on the Solstice in # 1120... above # 9292 the cabin next door).

The hallway widens here a bit... very open, and not confining at all... (you'll feel "welcome" the moment you see your doorway... so easy to find "home" whenever you come back to your Deck)

Location is spectacular... you are literally just steps away from the Mid Ship Elevators and Stairs... great for getting around quickly.

And of course the balconies are fantastic... enjoy !!

Cheers!

TO JERSEYGIRL3,

LOIS R is right, you will LOVE this location... (we were just on the Solstice in # 1120... above # 9292 the cabin next door).

The hallway widens here a bit... very open, and not confining at all... (you'll feel "welcome" the moment you see your doorway... so easy to find "home" whenever you come back to your Deck)

Location is spectacular... you are literally just steps away from the Mid Ship Elevators and Stairs... great for getting around quickly.

And of course the balconies are fantastic... enjoy !!

Cheers!

We had a C2 on Eclipse...1247...and we loved it. I realize our balcony will be slightly smaller than what we had on Eclipse, but my understanding is not by much.

Jo-Ann

Hi Sloop John B,

Was there any noise issues with the bed by the balcony--could you sleep with the door open? Since the balconies are on an angle, is the inside of the room also at an angle? Looking at the pix of the cabins, is the closet on the bathroom wall and not next to the entrance door?

Thank you

Thanks for confirming I made the correct decision with 1243 (same cabin, port side) for the 14 day Eclipse next winter.

I thought we might feel a little exposed out there, but it sounds like not so.

Plus, if you are diligent, you may not even need to pay extra. Watch the price drops..I had a 2B originally booked, my TA found some deals and I got this one for actually $60 less. Even she was supprised.

Hi Stipmom,

JERSEYGIRL3 makes some good points more info here would be helpful.

Although, I do understand from your posting that you are actually on the hump itself with a straight rectangular balcony (realize that there are no 1Bs on "the angles" with the bigger balconies)

I just got off the Solstice 2 weeks ago, we were in # 1120, which is a Concierge Class Cabin, first one "off the hump" on the angle... facing aft.

Cheers!

OK - how big a party can you have on the larger of these verandas?

... Since the balconies are on an angle, is the inside of the room also at an angle? Looking at the pix of the cabins, is the closet on the bathroom wall and not next to the entrance door?

Thank you

The only thing that is at an angle is the railing edge of the veranda. Other than that the cabin itself the same as all the other cabins including the fact that the bed location varies and alternates.

I did see small unofficial version of the deck plan which someone had modified to give an idea of how these section is laid out in a post once. Here is a link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24259746&postcount=14

Archived