Best Kept Secret On The Jewel?

Tanker4

DW and I just got back today from a 5 day on Jewel.

RCL has come out with a new cookbook and she started to purchase one in the Windjammer. The WJ manager told her to wait and get one from our waiter in the dining room as if she did so, we would receive a tour of the galley with the Executive Chef. Yesterday (and at sea day) along with four other people we met the Chef in the dining room and he spent almost and hour giving us a tour and answering all of our questions. My DW asked him for a copy of the recipe for a dish that was served the other night and later on he had it sent to our cabin along with a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and a very nice note. Then last night, he came into the dining room and stopped by our table. Might keep this in mind if you need a cookbook and would like a galley tour.:)

Do they still have a different warm desert every day in the Windjammer with vanilla sauce and fresh whipped creme?

I sure hope so.

We will be on her in April.

They have on every Jewel cruise we have been on and later in the afternoon, we especially enjoy the scones with whipped cream and strawberries that are offered in the Windjammer.:)

Passing under the bridge is amazing!

Also, love the Seaview Cafe!

My husband and I will be on the Jewel at the end of March. What bridge is this that everyone talks about and what time does the ship go under it so we can be watching?

It is the Sunshine Skyway Bridge and he passed under it about 6:45pm. The Captain will tell you when sailing about what time he will pass under. Do not miss it! It truly was quite amazing. My sister got a pretty good picture of it and I will post it soon but it really doesn't do it justification.

It is the Sunshine Skyway Bridge and he passed under it about 6:45pm. The Captain will tell you when sailing about what time he will pass under. Do not miss it! It truly was quite amazing. My sister got a pretty good picture of it and I will post it soon but it really doesn't do it justification.

Thanks a lot for letting me know. We have late seating for dinner so should be able to view it.

The Captain told us that the ship has about 6 feet of clearance which isn't much and as it goes under the bridge it honestly doesn't look like it will make it.

Actually, I think the gem of the Jewel is one of the LAST Seaview Cafe's.

Sure are going to miss those when they are gone!

I agree. We ate there twice last week. really will hate to see it go.:confused:

The Jewel of the Seas..........herself!

It's the finest ship in the fleet!

Don't belive it? Then, why does Royal Caribbean command better prices on the Jewel than any other ships.........outside of the Oasis class..and maybe not even them.

Why is the Jewel of the Seas sold out almost a year out of the upcoming westbound Transatlantic cruise??? Royal Caribbean could have more doing this cruise..........but......no, it's just the Jewel of the Seas.:)

And the cruisers of this cruise........like the number 2 cruiser on RCCL, and more Pinnacle Club members and D+.........the overflow lounge will be crowded!!;)

The Jewel of the Seas gives us a feeling like no other ship in the fleet!!:D

Rick

And the cruisers of this cruise........like the number 2 cruiser on RCCL, and more Pinnacle Club members and D+.........the overflow lounge will be crowded!!;)

Rick

This is not good news. I am planning to do a B2B on Jewel in August of 2013. Baltic and TA. Will book as soon as the dates are announced. Since I am merely Diamond, am I to assume that I will be closed out of every perk I'm entitled to due to lack of space?

How do other Diamond members deal with losing their perks because there are too many D+ and Pinnacle members on board for the ship to accommodate you? :(

The Jewel of the Seas..........herself!

It's the finest ship in the fleet!

Don't belive it? Then, why does Royal Caribbean command better prices on the Jewel than any other ships.........outside of the Oasis class..and maybe not even them.

Why is the Jewel of the Seas sold out almost a year out of the upcoming westbound Transatlantic cruise??? Royal Caribbean could have more doing this cruise..........but......no, it's just the Jewel of the Seas.:)

Rick

I'll probably get into trouble about this but while we were in Coz the Voyager docked on the opposite side of the pier from us. I made the comment at dinner that night that it sure was and ugly ship compared to the Jewel and everyone agreed with me.

Archived