Allure Stateroom #14596

Sorry..it's right under the pool..Wouldn't be my first choice of locations (decks)..However hope it works out well for them and they have a wonderful cruise :)

Actually the main pool is on the opposite side of the ship, but there is a beach pool above. But from the photos and research I have done it looks like the pool is over the interior cabins and not the balcony cabins.

I'm sure it will be an awesome room, but I was just wanting the opinion of someone who has actually stayed in this room.

This is from a review of the Oasis 14596 (same deck plan):

We paid for a large balcony, I wouldn't bother again to pay the extra for this, you still have the same table and chairs. We were on deck 14, now I wouldn't recommend going so high as there is an overhang from above deck so we didn't get any sun on the balcony anyway.

Would we go again...you bet we would, but I would book a lower balcony

This is from a review of the Oasis 14596 (same deck plan):

We paid for a large balcony, I wouldn't bother again to pay the extra for this, you still have the same table and chairs. We were on deck 14, now I wouldn't recommend going so high as there is an overhang from above deck so we didn't get any sun on the balcony anyway.

Would we go again...you bet we would, but I would book a lower balcony

Thanks for that info. I actually think I might like that "overhang" from the deck above. It may help keep the sun out of my eyes while eating breakfast on the balcony. LOL

Besides, I don't think I have ever got a tan from simply standing on my balcony.

Also, I don't think this room was any more expensive than the other deck 14 balcony rooms.

Again, thanks for providing me with that info!

• 2 months later...

Just got back and thought that the cabin was great!!! It was on the hump, so you had a deeper balcony. And the over hang is nice because it doesn't get as hot. Also we had a GREAT room steward Lorna from Costa Rica!!! Enjoy

We are just off the Oasis and stayed in room 14230 and if I had a choice I wouldn't stay on the 14th deck again. We signed up for a Jr Suite guarantee and that was the room that was left. The path around the pool deck floor goes over all of the rooms so if there are people running around the pool deck late at night it might wake you. Probably more sigificant is that the pool deck is cleaned during the night and they move the deck chairs around it was lound enough to wake me. I'm not complaining because I understood the risk with the guarantee and it wasn't anything that ruined the trip but if I had a choice I would never stay on the 14th deck. The view from deck 12 just as good as deck 14.

Just got back and thought that the cabin was great!!! It was on the hump, so you had a deeper balcony. And the over hang is nice because it doesn't get as hot. Also we had a GREAT room steward Lorna from Costa Rica!!! Enjoy

Thanks for the info! Sounds like exactly what I was looking for when I booked the room.

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...
So we will be in 14594 in May 2013. Did you have any issues with lack of sun or pool noise?

Update to old post. There was no noise bothering us in this room. There was a overhang but it was very comfortable shade from the Caribbean sun.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Both our last 2 cruises on Oasis and Allure were on deck 14. Choose the deck for location and ease of access to Solarium and pool decks. On Oasis we were in 14592(D1). Location of room on the hump was awesome, however noise was a issue from around 4;30 to 5 am every morning. Could hear constant moving of pool chairs and other items being wheeled around. My DH slept through the whole thing. I am more of a light sleeper in the earlier hours of the morning. Sleep heavily in the first part of the night.

Decided to stick with it for our next cruise on Allure and had cabins 14622 and 14624. These were fantastic cabins. No noise from above whatsoever and terrific balcony location even though it wasnt a hump. So my advise would be if you are light sleepers take some ear plugs or noise cancelling head phones.

We sail again on Oasis for the Transatlantic and have selected deck 14 again, cabin close to our Allure one.

Hope you all enjoy your cruise even if there are a few minor disturbances.