1145am flight out of FLL but we dock in Miami????

pepcab

We are crazy to think we can do this, but my DH thinks we should be ok. Glory returns to Miami port March 18 8am and we need to be in FLL for our return flight home for 1145am. What are our chances of making it?:eek:

definitely do-able. I did almost this exact thing in January, except with an earlier flight. Valor was supposed to pull into Miami at 8am & we had an 11:10am flight at FLL. Valor pulled in around 7am & we were off the ship at 7:20. We got to the airport very early and wound up sitting at the gate for almost 2 hours before boarding our plane. Definitely carry your luggage off and I recommend getting a taxi, just in case. You should be fine though. :)

Hopefully the ship is not delayed making port that morning, & customs clears it quickly. I would not go for a flight that early myself but I tend to be cautious. I know the day we had to get a shuttle from POM to FLL, traffic was bad on the freeway. This was on a saturday.

This is no problem. Our cruise buddies just did this today from the Liberty. Did self assist, had SAS transport them from Miami to FLL and made a 10:17AM flight to NY. A little crazy but they were at FLL before 9:00AM.

The one and only time that we cruised out of Miami they locked down the port due to a bomb scare. No one got off the ship till after noon. Several times in LA we have had immigration full checks on ship employees. No one got off till after 10. I would not book that early. But if you do make sure you have enough money to afford another flight.

We are crazy to think we can do this, but my DH thinks we should be ok. Glory returns to Miami port March 18 8am and we need to be in FLL for our return flight home for 1145am. What are our chances of making it?:eek:

We have done this twice for flights before noon. We used SAS Shuttle (ridesas.com) both ways. The cost is $15 per person, which is much cheaper than a cab. We were the only passengers on the shuttle. The driver picked us up within minutes of calling him. Just use self assist for you luggage.

We just did this on the 29th getting off the Valor. They announced there was a delay clearing customs and the self-assist didn't even get called til after 8. We had zone 1 tags and walked off at 8:45am just as they had called zone 3&4. We used SAS Transportation and they were in a nearbly lot waiting. We called them after we got our luggage and cleared customs and they were there within 5 minutes. We made it to the FLL airport by 9:40am. We flew Southwest and the line was mad long but moved very quickly. There was a SW rep outside announcing (yelling) that if you're flight wasn't before 1:40pm (4hour window) you could not check in. We checked our luggage, got our boarding passes, made it through security, and were sitting at our gate by 10:17am. Our flight was 11:55am...so yes it's definitely doable!

Archived