Dining Options - Legend vs. Sojourn

Paminflorida

The options are the same, however Restaurant 2 has its own space and you need reservations 48 hours in advance. The other restaurants are larger and the Sky Bar Grill (or whatever it's called) also requires a reservation, IIRC. Menus haven't really changed, either.

I am on the Quest now and so can reply to your questions:

The Restaurant 2 requires reservations a day in advance. We have found that it is now especially full. The Restaurant and the Colonnade under the direction of Chef Graeme Cockburn are superb and so they are our choice.

Then there is the Patio Grill by the midships pool. We like the occasional warm evening there. No reservation is required, Just turn up with friends for a table of 4-6.

Happpy sailing!

I want to retract my last post on Restaurant 2 and get in line with JaneBP's response which is correct.

The policy is to request a booking 48 hours in advance. On this cruise I understand that 24 hours is ok though as it's seldom an issue to get in. People I know don't like the 48 hour rule since they find it too difficult to manage around who they want to eat with and what the other 3 restaurants will be offering at a detail level. (We get the Colonnade's theme dinner list at the start of each segment of this world cruise.)

So what people are doing is booking 48 hours before the date they are interested in and then canceling the day before if they have other ideas.

Happy sailing!

OK, so reservations are required for the Colonnade and Restaurant 2, and open seating for the Grill and the Restaurant? And the ship provides you with the scheduled themes for the Colonnade and Restaurant 2 at the beginning of the cruise, or do you have to ask? We had to ask on the smaller ship, like it was a bit of a secret to get the schedule ahead of time?!:confused:

The Colonnade does not require reservations. And on the little sisters, the schedule for dinner themes in the Veranda/R2 have always been posted in the first day's Herald. I have never had to ask. Also, on the small ships, the Deck Grill in the evening does require a reservation because of limited space. the menu there never changes.

The Colonnade does not require reservations. And on the little sisters, the schedule for dinner themes in the Veranda/R2 have always been posted in the first day's Herald. I have never had to ask. Also, on the small ships, the Deck Grill in the evening does require a reservation because of limited space. the menu there never changes.

....sadly but true, the menu never changes it's always those Grilled Nigerian Shrimp with 7 oz Fliet Mignon.:mad:

On our most recent cruise last autumn on Quest, you never needed a reservation to eat at the Patio Grill (totally different from the Sky Grill on the small ships, which is set up specially for meals sometimes) and they did have different options on different nights. The Patio Grill is permanent, obviously much larger, and popular in lovely weather, so it can be worth arriving early to get a table - and I don't think there are any twos, though not sure on this.

Ragnar - I would certainly advise one night in Restaurant Two, people either love it or dislike it! And split others between the Dining Room, certainly on the 'formal' nights, when the menus are a bit special, provided you are willing to wear a jacket and preferably tie, and the Colonnade, which is waiter served in the evenings, and lovely outside on a fine evening. The Chef's special menu, lots of courses but little choice, is usually particularly good, and should be on in the Dining Room once on your cruise.

....sadly but true, the menu never changes it's always those Grilled Nigerian Shrimp with 7 oz Fliet Mignon.:mad:
SB, Nigerian Shrimp were in short supply this last trip, Odyssey...LA to Sydney. About once a week. Sometimes two weeks in between. They were not as large as I remembered them. Maybe time of year?

SB, Nigerian Shrimp were in short supply this last trip, Odyssey...LA to Sydney. About once a week. Sometimes two weeks in between. They were not as large as I remembered them. Maybe time of year?

Thank God!...I had those 2 eyed grilled buggers offered almost nightly for 44 days! I can't wait to try some fresh grilled fish for a change when we are onboard the Odyssey.:D

Thank God!...I had those 2 eyed grilled buggers offered almost nightly for 44 days! I can't wait to try some fresh grilled fish for a change when we are onboard the Odyssey.:D
We had wonderful fish in dining room and colonnade. All the local fish from wherever we stopped, and they were always listed as the name of the fish and where the Chef got it. Had it all through the trip after every stop. The lamb from NZ was delicious and the steaks from US...I didn't have a bad one...but I didn't order steak much but I did enjoy the cheeseburgers like you did? SB...I am assuming that you are of the male gender since you said you had one every afternoon...

I have assumed on other writers and been surprised, so that is why I said it.

We had wonderful fish in dining room and colonnade. All the local fish from wherever we stopped, and they were always listed as the name of the fish and where the Chef got it. Had it all through the trip after every stop. The lamb from NZ was delicious and the steaks from US...I didn't have a bad one...but I didn't order steak much but I did enjoy the cheeseburgers like you did? SB...I am assuming that you are of the male gender since you said you had one every afternoon...

I have assumed on other writers and been surprised, so that is why I said it.

Correct! and I miss my daily Filet Mignon Cheeseburger:(

Archived